Are you a teacher and a Verizon subscriber? Do your phone bills trouble you? The good news is you can get Verizon Teacher Discount.
If you wish to avail of this offer, please read our detailed guide on getting a Verizon Teacher Discount. This article contains detailed information on Verizon Teacher Discount, eligibility, application, and more.
So, without further ado, let’s begin.
What is Verizon Teacher Discount?
Teacher Discount is a program by the leading network operator, Verizon Wireless, to help those in the education field to pay for their phone bills and plans.
The company offers a discount to eligible educators on their plans. Teachers get discounts on Verizon cell phone plans and selected accessories, including unlimited talk and text, data, and international calling.
A teacher can get 20% off on their monthly plan with the discount. However, the discount depends on the type of plan and the number of lines you have added. It may be as high as 29% on an unlimited family plan.
However, teachers must fulfill certain eligibility to receive this discount. Moreover, the discount applies only to specific eligible Verizon plans.
How to get Verizon Teacher Discount?
You can get this discount if you are a teacher for an accredited K-12 school or any educational institution in the country. In addition, you must hold full-time employment with a valid school email address.
The company offers this discount to the following teachers.
- Homeschool teachers teaching children from kindergarten to 12th grade
- Administrators of private or public K-12 schools in the U.S.
- Private and public elementary, middle, and high school teachers in the U.S.
- University professors in the United States
Requirements to sign up for the Teacher Discount
You must possess a valid email address with your school or district to sign up for this discount. You can also enroll with a pay stub or teacher ID card.
You can look for the following if you do not possess any of these.
- Valid school ID card with photo
- Official letter from the School head (on school letterhead)
- Current year’s student report card
- Valid vehicle registration with a school name on it
Check Out: How To Get GoPro Military Discount
How do I check my eligibility for Verizon Teacher Discount
You can check your eligibility for the discount through Verizon’s official website.
Some of the lists of eligibility include –
- You must have one basic or smartphone to get a Verizon plan.
- You must hold an account.
- You should be able to prove your teaching employment through your pay stub.
- It would be best if your teaching is on an elementary or post-secondary level
- You should be able to validate your teaching status during the discount application
- You will be required to validate your teaching status at least once a year after enrolling successfully for once.
Your discount will not be shown in your shopping cart if you are qualified. The discount will appear in an email confirmation and appear on your bill in 1-2 billing cycles.
You can check your eligibility for the discount with Verizon partner ID.me’s verification tool.
Once verified for the discount, you will return to Verizon to buy a plan or to add a discount to your account.
How to sign up for the Verizon Teachers Discount?
As stated, the discount is available on eligible plans. You must have an unlimited qualifying plan.
If you already have an unlimited qualifying plan, you next need to validate your teaching status and sign up for the discount on Verizon’s dedicated page for Teachers.
- Please visit the “Get your Teachers discount” section.
- Select “Check eligibility” to begin the sign-up process.
- Once you validate your teacher ID, click “Register” or “Validate now.”
- Now follow the online instructions, and your sign-up process is complete.
Please note that you may register for a Teacher Discount before getting an unlimited qualifying plan. However, your discount starts only after you activate a qualifying plan on your account.
Activate Now: How do I activate my eSIM Verizon?
How much is the monthly discount for Teachers?
As mentioned, the discount depends on the type of phones and the number of phones the teacher has on the plan.
The discounts are as given –
- For 1 phone – get $10 off per month per account
- For 2-3 phones- get $25 off monthly per account
- For 4 phones and more – get a $20 monthly discount per account
Still, the discount depends on the eligible teachers and their plans. You can visit the company’s official website at www.verizonwireless.com for more information on the discount amount.
How can I check My Verizon Teacher Discount?
The steps to check your Teacher Discount are discussed below –
- First, you must log in to www.verizonwireless.com/discounts.
- Select “Existing Verizon Customers.”
- Please enter your existing mobile number or My Verizon login ID in the provided field.
- Click on the “Login” icon.
- Once logged in, click on “Validate by Email Address.”
- Enter your work email address two times.
- Click on the “Validate my Email Address” icon.
- You will receive a confirmation email at your registered work email address.
- Click on the link received in your confirmation email within 72 hours to complete the validation process.
If you do not complete the validation by clicking the link within 72 hours, you must begin the process again to resubmit your request.
How much can you save with the Teachers’ Discount?
Through this discount, Verizon allows eligible teachers to save 25% on the monthly phone service for one smartphone line on an eligible plan.
This discount is based on an $80 monthly Verizon 4G plan compared with 16 GB shared data for four lines and a $60 monthly 4G LTE.
The company allows you to combine the Teacher Discount with other discounts from Verizon, like Verizon first responder discounts or senior citizen discounts. However, you cannot combine this discount with other employee discounts from the company.
Verizon Fios Teacher Discount
Verizon Fios provides a monthly discount on home internet service and discounts on multiple plans to eligible teachers.
Verizon Fios home internet offers the following discounts to new eligible teachers –
- $5 monthly off on the 200 Mbps plan
- $10 off on the 400 Mbps plan
- $25 discount on the Gigabit Connection plan
For existing eligible teachers who are already using an eligible plan but wish to change to other eligible plans –
- $5 monthly off on 200 Mbps or less
- $10 discount on 300 Mbps or 400 Mbps
- $15 monthly discount on a Gigabit Connection
Find Now: Verizon Store Near You
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to apply for a Verizon discount?
It can take up to 10 days for your proof of eligibility to be reviewed and processed when you submit your application. After verifying your employment status, it might require up to two billing cycles for any discount changes to appear on your monthly payment.
Does Verizon offer 25% off for teachers?
Yes. Verizon offers 25% monthly off to eligible teachers. However, the discount depends on the number of lines the teacher has added.
Subscribe to Email Updates :