If you have just been approved for Torch Wireless and are wondering, “Why Did Torch Wireless Send Me A SIM Card?” Then you are reading the right article.
A renowned telecommunications company, Torch Wireless is a Mobile broadband service provider with headquarters in Jacksonville, Florida. For lower-income homes, the firm provides an affordable connectivity program that allows them to use the services at reasonable prices.
I have needed a tablet, but due to financial restraints, I couldn’t afford one. Luckily, I heard about Torch Wireless, which offers free phones or tablets to low-income eligible customers.
So, after applying, my application was approved instantly, and the tablet was delivered within a week. However, with a free tablet, I also received a SIM card, and I had no idea why they sent it.
After talking with a customer representative and searching things on the internet, I finally got to know the reason “Why Did Torch Wireless Send Me A SIM Card.”
So, with this article, let me share the reason behind receiving a Torch Wireless SIM card, its activation process and more.
Why Did Torch Wireless Send Me A SIM Card?
A subscriber identity module, or SIM card, is a smart card that stores identification data that identifies a smartphone and links it to a particular mobile network. To enable you to access their network and take advantage of their wireless services, Torch Wireless will issue you a SIM card.
There are two reasons for “Why Did Torch Wireless Send Me A SIM Card” and they are:
- If you have enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program
- You have enrolled as a new customer to use their services
Let’s get into the detailed reasoning for the two points mentioned above.
Enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program
If you come from a low-income household, Torch Wireless is one of the top ACP providers that enables you to access free broadband services and affordable connectivity devices such as a Torch Wireless free government tablet.
If you recently sought to join the carrier’s Affordable Connectivity Program and were granted approval, That might be the first reason Torch Wireless might send you a SIM card so that you can begin using the program’s perks.
Enrolled as a New Customer
Apart from ACP, if you have signed up for their services as a new customer, Torch Wireless may have sent you a SIM card. It includes new customers switching to Torch Wireless from other service providers. Multiple reasons exist to sign up for Torch Wireless as a new customer.
One can use the carrier’s low plans, upgrade their enhanced 5G network, or enjoy their reliable network in preferred areas.
If you have enrolled, then Torch Wireless will send you a SIM card so you can activate it and use their network. In case of misplacement or loss of your device along with your SIM card, Torch Wireless may also send you a SIM card.
They will send you a new SIM card so you may rejoin their services after you replace your device.
Steps to Torch Wireless SIM Card and Phone or Tablet Activation
After receiving the free government phone or tablet from Torch Wireless, you must activate it to use their services. The process of activation is easy and simple.
You will get a SIM card with your free phone or tablet. You need to insert the SIM card in the port of your free phone or tablet and then restart the device.
Once the restart is complete and the device has turned on, you can assume that your phone or tablet is activated.
Here is the step-by-step guide for Torch Wireless SIM Card and Phone or Tablet Activation:
- Press the power button and turn on the device.
- You will see the welcome screen once turned on. It’ll have a drop-down menu where you can select your preferred language. After selecting your desired language, click ‘start’.
- Then, the terms and conditions page will appear. You must adhere to these to use the device. Tap ” agree, ” and proceed.
- To set up your device, you’ll need an internet connection. So, use the available WiFi network at your end, or you can also use mobile data, but for that to work, you need to have a SIM card installed.
- You’ll be prompted to choose whether to copy data and apps from an old device on the next screen. You can choose either option according to your preference.
- The next step is to log in to your Google account using your credentials and password.
- Location services, Google Drive and Google Assistant are the optional Google account features shown on the next screen, which you can select according to your preference.
- To safeguard your device, you may choose from various security choices for your Torch Wireless device, such as fingerprint, facial recognition, PIN, pattern, and password.
- Check if the software is up to date or if any updates need to be done. Updates are done to resolve bugs, security patches, and new features.
- Then, you can download and install the needed apps from the Play Store.
Ways to know if Torch Wireless activation is successful
Suppose you are skeptical if your Torch Wireless Activation is completed properly. You can check that by calling someone or sending them a message. You can be certain that your activation was successful if they can successfully receive your call or message.
In addition, you can try using the free government internet services Torch Wireless offers. If you can successfully surf the internet, it means your activation has been successful.
Torch Wireless Activation – Common Issue and Fix
There are a few common problems that consumers may run into with Torch Wireless activation. The following are some of the problems and possible fixes:
- The SIM card cannot be activated if there is little or no network signal or coverage. So ensure that you are in a location with good network coverage for Torch Wireless.
- If you are facing any activation issues, a simple restart can sometimes solve them. Try restarting your device and checking if the issue has been fixed.
- The activation issue may sometimes be caused if you have not placed the SIM card properly in the slot. So make sure you have inserted it properly.
- Check on your device if the airplane mode is turned on. If the airplane mode is on, then that might be why the activation process is not happening. So, please turn it off by toggling.
- To avoid an activation issue, your device software must be up to date. Ensure that no pending software updates are available.
- The last possible reason is that your device may not be compatible with the Torch Wireless.
Benefits of Torch Wireless Activation
Now that you know why Torch Wireless send you a SIM Card, There are various benefits you will be receiving after activating it on your Torch Wireless tablet or phone. Some of the main advantages of activating Torch Wireless are as follows:
- You can access all the features like apps, cameras, music, videos and much more once the device activation has been done.
- You can connect to cellular data, WiFi network and Bluetooth to stay connected. You can access online services and resources through an internet connection.
- You can engage yourself and stay in touch with your family, friends, relatives and colleagues by calls, messages, mail and various other options if you activate Torch Wireless.
- You can increase your productivity and do your work efficiently by using apps like spreadsheets, notes, word documents and other apps which can assist you in making your work easier.
- You can gain access to all the entertainment options like music, television, streaming, games and social media.
- You can customize your activated device according to your liking by applying themes setting your favorite wallpaper and app layouts.
- You can back up all your data using cloud services, ensuring that none of your data gets lost.
- You can navigate and travel to unfamiliar places using GPS and map applications.
- To meet your various needs, you can acquire various accessibility features, including voice commands, screen readers, magnification, and assistive touch choices.
- When a Torch Wireless phone or tablet is activated, its entire potential is unlocked, enabling you to take full advantage of its capabilities and keeping you entertained, productive, and connected in all facets of your everyday life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I Pay Anything After Torch Wireless Send Me A SIM Card?
The reason the carrier sent you a SIM card will determine this. You won’t have to pay anything when you obtain your SIM card to use ACP’s free broadband services. To use the carrier’s affordable plans, you need to pay the plan’s monthly fee.
What Will Happen If I Not Activate The SIM Card?
Your torch wireless SIM card won’t be able to connect to the carrier’s network if you obtain one and don’t activate it. In reality, the carrier won’t be able to give you a phone number you need to make calls and send and receive messages if your SIM card isn’t activated.
Please be aware that your SIM card may expire or become invalid if you don’t activate it for an extended period.
Is Torch wireless activation free?
Yes, there is no cost to activate Torch Wireless on a phone or tablet.
What if I don’t receive my Torch wireless tablet or SIM card?
You should contact customer service and let them know what’s going on if you haven’t received your SIM card or torch wireless tablet. For customer service, use 877-99-TORCH (live chat) or 877-998-6724.
Does Torch Wireless Offer a Free SIM Card?
Yes, qualifying customers who sign up for the Affordable Connectivity Programme (ACP) from Torch Wireless are eligible for a free SIM card.
How long does it take in the torch wireless activation process?
The SIM card with your phone or tablet from Torch Wireless must be inserted. Once the SIM card is inserted, switch on the phone or tablet, and it’ll be activated.
Signup For Our Newsletter