I couldn’t wait to tell you how excited I am about receiving an Access Wireless Free Phone from the Government because my old phone stopped working a few months back, and I had to pay for the repair.
When I started to search for free government phones, I found out about Access Wireless, an American wireless service provider and Mobile Virtual Network Operator that offers free phone services using T-Mobile’s network through its participation in the government assistance program.
With this detailed guide, I will provide you with all the information about the Access Wireless free phone program, such as its eligibility criteria, required documents, the application process, and more.
So, without further ado, let’s get started
Does Government Offer Access Wireless Free Phone?
The Federal Communication Commission (FCC) established the Lifeline program in 1985 to help low-income people get affordable communication services.
The program provides eligible households a $9.25 monthly discount on phone service, broadband Internet service, or bundled voice-broadband services. This discount is $34.25 for Tribal land households.
The ACP is a recent assistance program by the FCC to help low-income people pay for broadband services and get discounted Internet-using devices.
The program offers a monthly discount of $30 to non-Tribal eligible households and up to $75 for Tribal families.
The program also offers a one-time discount of up to $100 to help low-income people purchase Tablets, laptops, or desktop computers with a copay of at least $10 to less than $50.
However, the benefit of these programs depends on providers and state residence. Some lifeline providers offer only discounted phone services, and some may even offer free smartphones.
Similarly, some ACP providers offer only monthly Internet discounts, while others may only offer a free smartphone or discounted device purchase.
Access Wireless offers a free government phone to eligible low-income people through the combined Lifeline and ACP service plan. Eligible customers may also receive an Access Wireless free government phone through the ACP-only plans.
How To Get Access Wireless Free Phone 2023
You can get Access Wireless free phone by qualifying for the ACP program and getting their ACP only or combined Lifeline + ACP plan.
The whole process of getting an Access Wireless free government smartphone requires you to go through the following steps.
- Find out whether Access Wireless offers Lifeline or ACP benefits in your state of residence. You can contact the company’s customer support at 1-866-594-3644 to inquire about its services in your state.
- If the Access Wireless free phone program is available in your state, the next step is to check your Lifeline/ACP program eligibility.
- You should collect the necessary eligibility documents to prove your qualification if eligible.
- Finally, apply for the program through one of the application methods.
How To Apply For An Access Wireless Free Phone
Access Wireless offers an easy application process, both online and offline. You can apply for Access Wireless free phone if eligible by following one of these two methods.
- Visit https://www.accesswireless.com.
- Enter your ZIP code.
- Click on the “Apply Now” icon.
- Now, you must select a plan from the three shown on the screen. You must select ACP only or Lifeline+ ACP combined plan to get a free phone.
- After selecting your plan, scroll below and click the “No, I need a phone” icon.
- Then, you will be directed to the enrollment page.
- Enter your email in the provided space and click the “Go to enrollment ” icon.
- Fill up the application form for Access Wireless free government phone in your state.
- Finally, submit your form and wait for the company’s response.
Application via mail
Alternatively, you can apply for the Access Wireless free phone through the ACP via mail. You can do so by following the below steps.
- Download and take the print ACP application form at
- You must also include the household worksheet available at
- Fill out these two forms.
- Attach copies of your eligibility documents.
- Finally, send your application to USAC, ACP Support Center, P.O. Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
Qualify For An Access Wireless Phone Via Lifeline And ACP
Access Wireless free phone is available through the Lifeline and ACP combined plan. Your qualification in one of the programs makes you automatically eligible for the other. However, first, you must qualify for these programs to be able to apply for both or one of them.
The prerequisites to apply for Access Wireless Lifeline or ACP program include the following.
- You must be 18 or above or an emancipated minor.
- You must be a resident of the state where Access Wireless offers free phones through these programs.
In addition, you must also meet certain other program-specific eligibility for the Lifeline or ACP. These detailed requirements are discussed separately in the next sections.
Qualify For An Access Wireless Phone Via Lifeline
If you meet the above primary conditions, you must also fulfill one of the requirements of the Lifeline assistance to get Access to a Wireless phone via Lifelines.
The eligibility criteria for the Lifeline include the following.
The income threshold to qualify for the Lifeline program is 135% of the federal poverty guideline. Your household’s annual income should be below or at this limit to qualify for the Lifeline program.
Program participation eligibility
You are Lifeline qualified if you or any family member participates in any other eligible government support program listed below.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Food Stamps
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)/ Section 8 Assistance
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Head Start (only families meeting the income qualifying standard)
Qualify For An Access Wireless Phone Via ACP
A household is automatically ACP-eligible if you or any family member already receives a Lifeline benefit. In addition, there are ACP-specific eligibility criteria, and you can qualify for an Access Wireless free government phone via ACP by meeting one of the eligibility criteria mentioned below.
|Income eligibility||The income threshold for the ACP is 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. That means your annual family income must be below or at this limit to qualify for the ACP.|
|Program Participation-based||Your household is ACP qualified if you or any family member participates in the above-listed government assistance program, including the Lifeline.
Additionally, you can qualify for the ACP if your household receives benefits from one of the
When applying for Access Wireless free phone, you must have proper legal documents to prove your eligibility. The documents you need depend on your eligibility through which you apply for a free phone in your state.
Here is the list of documents based on your eligibility.
If you apply for Access Wireless free government smartphone on the basis of low-income eligibility, you should have valid documents showing your annual income statements clearly.
The list of acceptable documents includes the following.
- Current income statement from your employer
- A paycheck stub
- A prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Unemployment or Workers’ benefit
- Compensation statement of benefits
- Divorce decree
- Child support award
Program participation documents
If you apply for the Lifeline or ACP as a beneficiary of any other eligible government program, you must have a document showing your name, program name, date of issuance, authority name that signs the documents, etc.
You can look for the following documents.
- Government approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits.
Besides eligibility documents, you may require some documents to verify your age, identity, or address during the application. In that case, it would be better if you have the following documents.
- Birth certificate
- A valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- U.S. Driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization, Permanent Resident Card or Green Card, etc.
- Utility bill
- Recent W-2 or tax return, mortgage, or lease statement
- Certificate of emancipation (if emancipated minor)
How To Check Access Wireless Application Status?
Once you apply for Access Wireless free phone through the Lifeline or ACP, the company keeps you updated about your application status. As such, you don’t really need to check your application status frequently.
However, if you can’t wait for the update and still want to know about your application, you can learn about it at the provider’s website.
Here are the steps to do so.
- Open the main menu on the website.
- Choose “My Account” and log in.
- You will be able to see your application status.
- You can also directly log in to your Access Wireless account at https://www.accesswireless.com/account and see your Lifeline or ACP application status.
5 Best Access Wireless Free Government Phones In 2023
Access Wireless offers a variety of free government phones through the Lifeline and ACP.
Here are 5 best Access Wireless free phones available for low-income through these programs.
- LG K10
- Nokia 6300 4g
- Samsung galaxy A01
- Nokia Pixel 2 XL
- Nokia G10
Here is a comparison table.
|Feature||LG K10||Nokia 6300 4G||Samsung Galaxy A01||Nokia Pixel 2 XL||Nokia G10|
|Display||5.3 inches, HD||2.4 inches, QVGA||5.7 inches, HD+||5.5 inches, OLED||6.5 inches, HD+|
|Qualcomm 205||MediaTek MT6739||Qualcomm
|Unisoc Tiger T606|
|RAM||1 or 2GB||512MB||2GB||4GB||4GB|
|Storage||16GB or 32GB||4GB||16GB or 32GB||128GB||64GB|
|KaiOS||Android 10||Android 8.0 Oreo||Android 11|
How Do I Activate Access Wireless Free Phone?
You must activate your Access Wireless free government smartphone as soon as you receive one to be able to use your provider’s services.
Please note that the activation process of each Access Wireless phone is different. Hence, you must follow the activation guidelines provided in your phone’s user manual.
If you have received a SIM card, you can activate it by reading our guide on “Access Wireless SIM Card Activation Process.”
You may also contact Access Wireless customer service at 1-866-594-3644 to help activate your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Access Wireless offer free government phones?
Yes. Access Wireless offers free government phones by participating in government assistance programs such as Lifeline and ACP.
What network does Access Wireless use?
Access Wireless is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) that uses T-Mobile’s network to offer affordable phone services to its customers.
Where can I buy an Access Wireless phone and SIM?
You can buy an Access Wireless phone and SIM online at their official website. Additionally, you can get them in-store at any of their participating retail shops, such as Family Dollar, Kroger, and Speedway.
Can I upgrade my Access Wireless phone for free?
Unfortunately no. Access Wireless does not provide a free phone upgrade. You can get discounts on upgrade phones, but it does not come for free, and you will have to pay the upgrade charges.
Does Access Wireless offer a free Tablet?
No. Although it participates in the ACP program that offers discounts to low-income people on Tablet purchases, Access Wireless does not offer free or discounted Tablets as of now.
Subscribe to Email Updates :