Are you on a low income and looking for a way to get free internet from Assurance Wireless? If yes, then you have stumbled upon the right article.
I will share my personal experience with you as someone who needed high-speed internet and got it for free from Assurance.
Assurance Wireless is a major government assistance program service provider offering eligible consumers a free smartphone, monthly data, and unlimited texting.
So without further ado, let’s get started
Does Assurance Wireless Offer Free Internet?
Yes. Assurance Wireless offers free internet through its participation in several government assistance programs. These government Programs are managed by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC).
Through its participation in government programs, the company offers free internet and internet connecting devices to low-income eligible customers.
How To Get Assurance Wireless Free Internet In 2023?
Lifeline is an old federal government program that offers discounts of up to $9.25 and $34.25(those on tribal lands) on monthly internet services. Whereas ACP is the latest program that offers a discount of up to $30 and $75 (those on tribal lands) on monthly internet services. ACP also offers a one-time discount of up to $100 (With a copay of $10 to $50).
However, to receive and apply for Assurance Wireless’s free wireless services, you must qualify for the program by meeting certain eligibility criteria. Eligibility is usually based on Low income or program participation.
Once you qualify for the program, you will recieve free wireless services with other benefits such as “Free Government tablet Assurance Wireless ” and “Assurance Wireless free phone“. Comapny offers free phones from Moxee
Application Process for Assurance Wireless Free Internet
The Assurance Wireless free wireless services application process is simple and consists of the following steps.
- First, Check whether Assurance Wireless offers its services in your state.
- Secondly, Check if you are eligible for Lifeline and ACP program
- Now, Collect the necessary eligibility documents.
- Lastly, Apply for the Assurance free internet program by visiting “https://www.assurancewireless.com/.”
Let’s discuss the eligibility criteria and necessary documents in the next sections.
Eligibility for Assurance Wireless Free Internet
To apply for the Assurance Wireless free wireless service, you must meet the Lifeline or ACP eligibility criteria, whichever is available in your state.
First, you must meet these prerequisites to apply for the Program.
- Your age must be 18 or above during the application.
- You must be a citizen of one of the states where you are applying for the program.
Once you meet the prerequisites, you can check the other program-specific eligibility.
You can qualify for Assurance Wireless free internet on your income basis. If you are applying for the Assurance Wireless Lifeline program, your annual income must be 135% of the federal poverty guidelines, and for the Assurance Wireless ACP program, it must be 200% of the federal poverty guidelines
If you don’t qualify for Assurance Wireless ACP or Lifeline program on an income basis, you can still qualify if your family members participate in the government programs mentioned below.
- Medicaid or Federal Medical Assistance Program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children
- Free Programs of the School Lunch
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families or Tribal TANF
- Federal Public Housing Assistance Project or Section 8
- Federal Pell Grant
Documents Required For Assurance Wireless Free Internet
There needs to be more than just meeting the eligibility to receive free internet from Assurance; you must be able to prove your qualification with the help of certain valid government documents.
The documentation you need depends on your eligibility through which you apply for free internet.
If you are qualified for Assurance Wireless’s free internet program on income criteria, you should submit a valid document showing your income.
Accepted documents include :
- Current income statement
- Child support award
- Divorce decree
- Paycheck stub
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
Federal program participation document
If you are applying on a program participation basis, you must provide the following document to prove your participation
- Your previous year’s report of benefits from an eligible state, government, or tribal Program
- Report letter of participation in eligible federal or Tribal Program
- Program participation letter for any of the eligible government assistance programs
You may need additional documents to verify your age, identity, and address. In that case, you can submit these documents.
- U.S. Driver license
- U.S. passport
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of Naturalization or U.S. Citizenship
- An active Resident alien card or permanent residentship
- U.S driver license
- Active Tribal issued Identity card
- Income statement
- Paycheck receipt
- Utility bills or Mortgage
- Lease Statement
Ways to Apply for an Assurance Wireless Free Internet
You can apply for free wireless services from Assurance Wireless in two ways.
- Through Lifeline or ACP official website.
- Through Assurance Wireless.
Through Lifeline or ACP official website
You can follow the steps below to apply for Lifeline or ACP from their official website.
- First, make sure you are eligible for Lifeline or ACP program.
- If eligbile, visit “https://www.lifelinesupport.org/” for Lifeline and For ACP “https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/”
- Click on “Apply now.”
- Fill out the neccesary application form
- Attach eligibility documents
- Wait for approval
- Once approved, contact Assurance Wireless and enroll in your preferred plan.
Through Assurance Wireless
To apply directly from Assurance Wireless, ensure which program is available in your state, Lifeline or ACP, and then follow the steps below.
- Visit “https://www.assurancewireless.com/” for Lifeline and ACP “https://www.assurancewireless.com/acp/affordable-connectivity-program”
- Complete the application process
- Attach necessary documents
- Wait for the approval. If you want to check your application status, please read our guide on “Assurance Wireless Lifeline and ACP application status“
- Once approved, Assurance will send you an email, and in a few days, you will start receiving your free internet services.
How can I get Assurance Wireless free internet?
You can get free internet from the provider by qualifying for its Assurance Lifeline or ACP program.
How can I contact Assurance Wireless?
You can contact the provider at 1-888-321-5880.
Does Assurance Wireless offer a free phone?
Yes. The provider offers free phones under the Lifeline assistance program.
Does Assurance Wireless offer ACP?
Yes. Assurance Wireless also offers free wireless services with the ACP program.
Signup For Our Newsletter