In this article, we have answered all the safety-related questions regarding Phenix City, Alabama, including how safe is Phenix City, Alabama. We have also discussed warnings & dangers, safest places, places to avoid, and many more in detail.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
- 1 How safe is Phenix City, Alabama?
- 1.1 Warnings & Dangers in Phenix City, Alabama
- 1.2 Safest places to visit in Phenix City, Alabama
- 1.3 Places to avoid in Phenix City, Alabama
- 1.4 Safety tips for traveling in Phenix City, Alabama
- 1.5 How safe is Phenix City to travel alone?
- 1.6 Is Phenix City safe for solo females?
- 1.7 Safety guides for other cities in Alabama –
- 1.8 So, how safe is Phenix City, Alabama, for Travel?
How safe is Phenix City, Alabama?
Phenix is among the smallest metropolitan cities in Alabama. It is now considered the safest city in Alabama, with a population of around 40,000. Phenix is enriched with historical landmarks of the civil war, and you will get to see the art and culture of the city. It is situated west across the Chattahoochee River from Columbus, Georgia.
Phenix was known as the ”Sin City” in the 1940s-1950s due to its corruption and illegal work, but now it’s considered among the safest places. The friendly neighborhood and atmosphere are very welcoming for tourists. You can visit this place with friends or family or just take a solo trip.
Warnings & Dangers in Phenix City, Alabama
Phenix is a safe city, and overall there is low risk for you and your family if you are traveling here. But there are some risks you may face on your trip, and these are as follow –
Transportation Risk – Low
Transportation risk is low as public transport like buses and taxis are available throughout the city. You can also get cabs at night. If you are going for the first time to Phenix, it is better if you rent a car. You can also use apps to book cabs in advance.
Pickpockets and Mugging Risk – Low
Only four cases have been reported since 2020 related to pickpocketing and mugging. The authorities have taken good care of the safety of residents and visitors. The crime rate for pickpocketing and mugging is very low, so you don’t have to worry about a thing but always be aware of your surroundings.
Natural Disaster Risk – Medium
Tornadoes, heavy rainfall, and floods are common in Phenix, Alabama. Therefore, check the weather reports properly. Avoid the months when heavy rainfall is more likely to happen in Phenix and always keep an eye on the weather reports before and during your visit.
Scam Risk – Low
Scammers do not want to scam visitors but residents. There is a very low chance of you getting scammed by someone in Phenix but do not trust anyone blindly as anyone can take advantage of you.
Terrorism Risk – Medium
Terrorist attacks can happen in Phenix, so be aware of where you are going. More than 120,000 soldiers are deployed to Fort Benning, which is near Phenix. The army can be a target for a terrorist attack that can eventually have an effect on residents of Phenix. If anything happens like that, follow the rules given by the officials and act accordingly.
Women Traveler Risk – Low
The women’s safety risk is low in Phenix, Alabama, and female travelers can take solo trips here. However, solo female travelers should avoid walking on streets alone at night as you may get into trouble.
Tap Water Risk – Low
Tap water risk is low in Phenix, meaning you can avoid carrying bottled water with you.
Safest places to visit in Phenix City, Alabama
Below, we have listed some safest places for you to explore in Phenix City –
Phenix City Convention & Visitors Bureau
It is among the safest places in Phenix. Tourists who visit here can get accommodation easily here, making it a safe place to visit with your friends and family.
East Alabama Motor Speedway
You should definitely get a tour of this speedway. It is safe, and you can get tickets easily to watch the shows. This neighborhood is very friendly, and you also explore the nearby beautiful parks with your family and friends.
Chattahoochee Paddle Company
The company provides rental and shuttle services for canoes, kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, and tubes. If you want to enjoy the waterpark, you can visit this place in Phenix City.
Lakewood Golf Course
If you want to play golf with your friends, you should definitely visit Lakewood Golf Course. The place is very beautiful, and there is plenty of restaurants in the surrounding areas. It is one of the most popular tourist spots in Phenix City.
Other places to visit are Chatt Glide Tours, River Walk, Amphitheater, and Phenix City Museums.
Places to avoid in Phenix City, Alabama
Phenix City is among the safest places in Alabama. However, it can be unsafe to walk alone in the alleys of Phoenix City at night as there are chances of you getting pickpocketed or mugged in the dark.
Avoid going to Highway 280 and south of Railroad Street; most of the crimes happen here. You should avoid going over the bridges between the cities during the morning and evening because it’s unsafe for you to travel there. However, Phenix City is safe overall for tourists, but you should know all the safety tips.
Safety tips for traveling in Phenix City, Alabama
These are the safety tips for you to follow if you are planning to visit Phenix City, Alabama –
- Check the weather reports – If you are traveling to Phenix City, always keep an eye on the weather reports. Heavy rainfall, tornadoes, and floods are common in Alabama and if you see the weather getting worse, seek any shelter nearby you. You can search for more weather-related information on the official website of Phenix City.
- Fireworks are illegal – In Phenix City, you cannot use firecrackers, not even during the 4th of July. If you celebrate by using fireworks in public places, you will be charged immediately. So, avoid doing this because this can get you in big trouble.
- Avoid walking alone at night – Do not go for a walk alone at night. You can become a victim of crime. If you want, you can take a walk before sunset.
- Inform that you are traveling – If you’re traveling alone to Phenix City, inform someone that you’re traveling. If you are in trouble or in an emergency, they can help you.
How safe is Phenix City to travel alone?
Yes, you can travel alone to Phenix City, Alabama, but avoid walking alone in the streets as the population is low, and you can become a crime victim. Ask a friend or a family member to accompany you if you want to go for a walk. It’s better if you stick to your group.
Is Phenix City safe for solo females?
Yes, some parts of the city are safe for female travelers to visit alone. Avoid walking alone at night. You should avoid unsafe places in the city.
Safety guides for other cities in Alabama –
- How safe is Auburn, Alabama
- How safe is Birmingham, Alabama
- How safe is Decatur, Alabama
- How safe is Dothan, Alabama
- How safe is Gulf Shores, Alabama
- How safe is Hoover, Alabama
- How safe is Huntsville, Alabama
- How safe is Mobile, Alabama
- How safe is Montgomery, Alabama
- How safe is Muscle Shoals, Alabama
- How safe is Phenix City, Alabama
- How safe is Tuscaloosa, Alabama
So, how safe is Phenix City, Alabama, for Travel?
Phenix City is not an ideal place for tourists to explore, but you can explore the historical landmarks of the city. The crime rate of the city is comparatively low, and you can also take a solo trip here. However, avoid some unsafe places and do not go for a walk at night. The hotels, restaurants, and other public places are safe, and the crime rates are very low here. You can definitely visit Phenix, Alabama.
With that said, here I am wrapping up this article. We hope this article has helped you to understand how safe is Phenix City, Alabama. If you have queries about Phenix City, shoot them in the comment section below. Our team will try to respond ASAP.
Subscribe to Email Updates :