Are you looking for a way to get a Tag Mobile free phone? If yes, then you have stumbled upon the right article.
TAG Mobile is a leading service provider that is a part of the Lifeline Assistance program. Lifeline is a federal government program that offers a monthly discount of up to $9.25 on non-tribal lands and $34.25 on wireless services for tribal lands.
Few providers, such as Tag Mobile, participate in this program and offer free phone calls to customers. After hearing this, I decided to give Tag Mobile a try.
Luckily, the application process went smoothly, and my free phone was delivered within a week.
However, before starting the application process, let me tell you one thing: the free phone is only available for California customers. Still, if you are eligible, you will recieve Unlimited talk, text and high-speed data, which is not that bad.
This article will provide my experience applying for a Tag Mobile free phone, its eligibility criteria, required documents and other relevant information.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
Does Tag Mobile Offers Free Phone?
Tag Mobile is one of the leading Lifeline program providers in the country. This wireless service provider offers free monthly calls, text messaging, 8.5GB data and nationwide coverage.
Although Tag Mobile offers amazing benefits for most states, its free government phone offer is only available for California customers. This leading company’s Lifeline program is open to those who meet the program’s eligibility or low-income requirements.
How to Get Tag Mobile Free Phone?
Individuals or families can check online for all eligibility criteria on the federal or official TAG Mobile websites. Eligible customers who meet TAG Mobile eligibility requirements will receive discounted or free Lifeline service and a smartphone. For qualification, the individual must be
- A participant in the government assistance program
- You must make at least 135% of the federal poverty line with your household income.
Exact eligibility requirements for Lifeline may vary by state. However, in most cases, you may qualify if you participate in one or more of the following public assistance programs:
To see how eligibility requirements vary by state, visit the TAG Mobile website at “https://www.tagmobile.com/LifeLine/state-eligible-government-program” and select your state in the red eligibility box or see specific requirements of different states, such as:
- South California
- West Virginia
Suppose you live in one of the above eligible states and are sure your state meets the eligibility requirements. In that case, you can join TAG Mobile’s Lifeline program by visiting Tag Mobile’s official website and selecting the “Lifeline” option.
Select an option, click Enroll from the drop-down menu, or visit the website. To enroll in the program, complete a Lifeline application online or in person through an authorized Tag Mobile free phone distributor or dealer.
How to Qualify for Tag Mobile Free Phone
If you receive assistance from one or more state programs or your household income is below the federal poverty guidelines, you may be eligible for Lifeline assistance.
You can register online or visit a store that offers the TAG Mobile free phone service. If approved, you’ll get free cell phone service with unlimited everything, and if you are from California, you will also recieve a free phone.
In the next sections, let’s discuss the eligibility criteria we are discussing, along with some important documents.
Eligibility to get Free Phone From Tag Mobile
Here are the common requirements to get a TAG Mobile free phone:
- To be eligible for the program, the individual should be a US citizen with an annual household income below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- You should not leverage the services from other suppliers providing Lifeline assistance services.
- The applicant should be a participant in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Low-Income Housing Energy Assistance Plan (LIHEAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Medicaid, National Free School Lunch (NSL) program, Section 8 Federal Housing Assistance (FPHA), and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- The individual age must be 18 years or more.
Documents Required to Apply
The following documents are needed to register a free mobile phone:
- Proof of residency, like a rent agreement or power bill.
- Proof of enrollment in government assistance programs, such as a grant letter or benefits card, like Medicaid or SNAP.
- Tribal Identification Number or Social Security Number (SSN).
- Identity proof, either passport or driver’s license.
- Income proof, which is a recent tax return or pay stub.
To prove your eligibility through the benefits program, you can obtain the following documents:
- Award letter for benefits
- Description of the benefit
- Confirmation of Benefits
- Letter of approval
To prove your date of birth, you can bring:
- Government, military, state, or tribal ID
- Permanent resident card or green card
- Driver’s license
- National support program documentation
- Birth certificate
- Proof of US citizenship or naturalization
In addition, you must bring proof of your Social Security Number (SSN) or Social Security number. These include:
- Military release documents
- Social insurance card
- Government, military, state, or tribal ID
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
- National support program documentation
- Unemployment/Workers’ Compensation
Tag Mobile Free Phone | Application Process
Now that you know the eligibility criteria and documents you should prepare in advance, Let’s learn the application process.
- To apply for a free phone from Tag Mobile, visit “https://www.tagmobile.com/Lifeline/Enrolment.”
- Enter your email address and zip code, and click on continue.
- If you enter a California pin code, you will see a free smartphone option, and if you are from another state, you will see options such as BYOD, Lifeline + ACP program plan or an ACP-only plan.
- Select if you participate in any government assistance program and complete the application form.
- Upload the eligibility documents and submit your application.
- If approved, your Tag Mobile free phone will be delivered by mail.
Types of Free Mobiles Offered by Tag Mobile
The free phones that TAG Mobile offers eligible Lifeline customers may vary by state (In California, you can get a smartphone; in other states, you can only get free wireless services) and availability.
Some cell phones will be available at low upfront costs, and some might be free. Before applying, check if the available cell phone fulfills your requirements, such as a free government iPhone 13 or better. Also, you can upgrade to a better model if the free phone doesn’t meet your expectations or needs.
Tag Mobile offers the following types of free phones:
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 8
- Samsung S8
- Motorola E6
- Motorola E6
- iPhone SE
- Samsung S7
- Motorola G7
- LG Stylo 4
- Coolpad Snap
- LG Classic Flip
- Kyocera DuraXV LTE
- LG Stylo 5
- Alcatel Go Flip 3
Benefits of Using Tag Mobile’s Free Phone
Here are the benefits of using TAG Mobile Free Phones:
- Consumers may use monthly subscriptions to increase their mobile data, text messaging, and phone time.
- TAG Mobile offers customer service to assist consumers with any problems or inquiries.
- The financial burden of purchasing a new phone is reduced when eligible persons receive a free smartphone.
- By providing access to free Wi-Fi hotspots in specific locations, some TAG Mobile free phone plans can assist customers in reducing their mobile data use.
- Receive free text messaging, phone calls, and mobile data.
- You can stay connected with your families
- Students can gain more knowledge by using online educational tools.
- There is no contract to sign or subscription charge to pay for users.
How to Manage Your Tag Mobile Free Phone Account
To manage your TAG Mobile free phone account, follow these steps:
- You must examine and access your account data, change your profile, and manage your account settings on the TAG Mobile website.
- You can contact TAG Mobile Customer Service at 1-866-959-4918 to manage your account and receive assistance with any questions or issues you might be having.
- Pay your monthly payment by phone, mail, or the Internet.
- Always check your talk time, text messages, and mobile data usage to avoid overspending.
- To continue service, renew your subscription online or call customer service.
- Report your lost or stolen phone to customer service immediately to protect your account and receive a replacement phone.
Is Tag Mobile the same as T Mobile?
Tag Mobile uses the T-Mobile and Verizon networks for Lifeline and prepaid customers. TAG Mobile is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) that uses T-Mobile and Verizon towers and other network infrastructure to provide wireless coverage to Tag Mobile.
What is the coverage area for Tag Mobile’s free phone service?
TAG Mobile’s website informs you about the network coverage in your area, from LTE to no coverage.
Visit the website at “https://www.tagmobile.com/Support/Coverage” and enter your zip code to learn whether your area is covered.
What should I do if I lose my Tag Mobile free phone?
If you lose your TAG Mobile-free phone, contact customer service immediately to report the loss at 1 (866) 959-4918 or to customer support at the TAG Mobile website.
What is the Tag mobile plan?
TAG Mobile plans include similar features such as no contract, no bill, nationwide coverage, no fees, reduced monthly warranty, caller ID, call waiting, and voicemail. All new online applicants will get a free smartphone(California), unlimited talk time and text.
What phones are compatible with TAG Mobile?
TAG Mobile operates on GSM networks, so GSM phones are compatible with TAG Mobile, such as Moto G Fast, Samsung Galaxy A11, or Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S.
TAG Mobile is one of the carriers that offer the Lifeline program. With extensive coverage spanning different states, TAG Mobile is now available nationwide.
TAG Mobile free phone is a game changer for people who can’t afford a smartphone. Free smartphone access allows people to stay in touch with loved ones, access important information, and increase employment opportunities.
With the help of a free smartphone, a qualified user can enjoy free voice calls, text messages and mobile data access from TAG Mobile.
Signup For Our Newsletter