Are you looking for a way to unlock your Boost Mobile Phone? If yes, then you have stumbled upon the right article.
The good news is Boost Mobile offers its customers to unlock their devices if they want to switch carriers due to dissatisfaction with their provider’s coverage or service.
This article will provide a step-by-step guide on the Boost Mobile phone unlocking method and some considerations to make before submitting your request.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
What is Boost Mobile Phone?
In addition to providing mobile data and voice services, Boost Mobile is owned and operated by Dish Network. Wireless services are delivered by T-Mobile using Sprint and T-Mobile’s combined networks. According to Q4 2022, Boost Mobile, Ting Mobile, Republic Wireless, and Gen Mobile had a combined subscriber base of 7.98 million.
Unlock Boost Mobile Phone
If you plan to switch from Boost to another network, you must wonder, “Are Boost Mobile Phones Unlocked? “Boost Mobile has various unlocking policies depending on the type of customer. However, the eligibility for most of them remains the same.
Before unlocking, please also read our article on “How to get Boost Mobile ACP benefits,” as it can provide you with free or discounted internet plans which can lower your financial budget.
The eligibility criteria and the various unlocking policies of Boost Mobile are mentioned below –
Eligibility Requirements to Unlock a Boost Mobile Phone
To be eligible to unlock Boost Mobile phone, you must meet the following requirements –
- Your device supports SIM unlocking.
- Your device was not marked as ineligible for unlocking because it was reported lost or stolen.
- The device has been registered for at least a year.
- You have a current and valid account with no unpaid bills.
Unlocking Your Boost Phone – Current Boost Customers
If you are a Boost Mobile customer and fit the above criteria, you can unlock your phone by contacting Boost Mobile customer service.
Follow these steps to request an unlock code from Boost Mobile –
- Call 1-888-266-7848 or visit any Boost Mobile retail location.
- They will ask you to verify your account’s identity and status. So, be prepared to provide some personal and account information.
- Boost Mobile will send you an unlock code after verifying your eligibility, or the representative or store staff will provide you with the unlock code.
- Boost Mobile unlock code should be written down as you’ll need to enter a code if you want to use your phone again, so keep it somewhere safe.
- Once you have the code, you can do the next step: unlocking your phone.
Unlocking your Boost Mobile phone with an unlock code
Remember that the unlocking procedure may differ depending on your phone’s make, model, and operating system.
However, the base steps would be quite similar –
- Remove the SIM card tray and power off the phone.
- Insert a SIM card, turn on the phone, and give it a few moments.
- Enter the code when prompted.
- Enter the code again and press the Unlock and OK buttons to confirm.
- After entering the unlock code and pressing the confirmation button, your phone will be unlocked and ready to use.
If the code does not work or you encounter any other issues, don’t hesitate to contact Boost Mobile’s support team.
Unlocking Your Boost Phone – Non-Boost Customers
You can unlock a Boost phone even if you’ve never used Boost before, though it will take some time. All you need for this is the last known Boost Mobile or account number. If you don’t have that information, you can contact the person you bought the device and try to unlock the Boost Mobile device.
If the unlocking does not work, wait for some days and try again later.
Third-Party Boost Mobile Phones Unlocking
Other options are available if you cannot unlock your Boost Mobile phone using the methods described above.
Depending on the model, you can unlock your phone using software tools or by making a firmware change. However, these methods may cause damage to your phone and render your warranty null and void. Furthermore, they may only work with some specific mobile devices.
UnlockNinja, UnlockItFree, DirectUnlocks, and many other third-party unlocking tools are available for Boost Mobile, and anyone can be chosen to meet your specific needs.
Pros of using a third-party app to get your Boost Mobile Phones Unlocked
- You can contact them whenever you need to.
- They can assist you in unlocking your phone.
- Set up a fully functional network in less than 24 hours.
Cons of using third-party apps to get your Boost Mobile Phones Unlocked
- Some of these tools may require payment for their services.
- The procedure is quick but produces few results.
Unlocking for Military Personnel
Each service number associated with a military account can unlock a maximum of two devices annually.
Here are the conditions you must fulfill –
- The subscriber is currently serving in the United States armed forces.
- The device has been active with Boost Mobile for at least 12 months.
- There have been no reports of the device becoming lost or stolen.
- The linked account is now operational, and there are no outstanding invoices.
Unlock Boost Phone Using IMEI
If you have a Boost Mobile phone and know your IMEI number, you can unlock it using DirectUnlocks’ online request form.
Here are the steps –
- Go to the DirectUnlocks home page.
- Dial *#6# on your phone to find your IMEI.
- Enter your IMEI number and other device information.
- Place an order and pay; your order will be confirmed via email within 24 hours of being processed.
How to check whether a Boost Mobile phone is unlocked?
If you are unsure whether your Boost Mobile device is unlocked, you can always call the company’s support line, and a representative will look into your account and let you know.
Another way is to use a SIM card from another service provider. As soon as you insert the SIM card, your device’s screen should display the name of your new carrier, indicating that you have successfully switched networks.
Common problems and troubleshooting advice
Keep in mind that unlocking a Boost Mobile phone can be difficult at times and that factors beyond your control may cause the process to be delayed.
It’s critical to be patient and follow Boost Mobile’s instructions precisely. If you carefully follow the instructions and give it some time, you can get your Boost Mobile phone unlocked.
If you are having trouble unlocking your phone, you can do the following –
- Check that you entered the correct unlock code.
- Some mobile device connectivity and setting issues can be resolved by restarting the device and reinserting the SIM card.
- If the code is correct, but the phone won’t unlock after rebooting and reinserting the SIM card, you should contact Boost customer service.
We have walked you through the steps required to unlock your Boost Mobile phone and some things to consider before requesting for unlock. We’ve also covered some workarounds and solutions.
Before leaving Boost Mobile, check our Best Boost Mobile deals for existing customers in 2023, as they may provide you with the deal you are looking for.
With that said, here I am wrapping up this article. If you still have any questions, feel free to shoot them in the comment section below. Our team will try to respond ASAP.
FAQs About Unlock Boost Mobile Phone
Is it possible to unlock my Boost Mobile phone?
Boost Mobile only sells network-locked phones, which means you can’t use them with any other carrier unless you unlock them.
What is Boost’s Mobile Compatible Network?
Boost Mobile’s network is based on code division multiple access (CDMA). Customers of Boost Mobile can only use SIM cards from other CDMA carriers.
Subscribe to Email Updates :