In this US Bank Stadium parking guide, we have covered all official and unofficial parking options, nearby garages, ways to reach the stadium, tailgating rules, and much more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
US Bank Stadium Parking Guide – Tips, Maps, and Deals
US Bank Stadium is one of the most popular NFL stadiums. It is located in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, and serves as the home to the NFL’s Minnesota Vikings and the college baseball team of the University of Minnesota, Golden Gophers.
The stadium was opened in 2016 and is built on the former site of Hubert H Humphrey Metrodome, aka “the Thunderdome.” The stadium is managed by the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority and boasts a seating capacity of 66,860 which can be extended to over 73,000 for special events.
The stadium is known to host NFL games along with baseball games of the University of Minnesota. However, the stadium also hosts plenty of other special events such as concerts, soccer games, and more.
During games and event days, the stadium tends to get full, making it difficult to find a convenient parking spot. However, our guide will help you find affordable and easy parking at US Bank Stadium.
US Bank Stadium Official Parking Options and Parking Cost
US Bank Stadium doesn’t manage or offer any official parking area. However, the stadium is connected to Mills Fleet Farm Parking Garage through the skyway.
The total number of parking spots is 1610, but the total number of parking spaces is subject to change based on the event, size, and availability.
There are a total of six levels of parking lots, and their parking rates are as below –
Daily Rates –
- Early Birds – It is perfect for office goers, allowing them to park your vehicle at Mills Fleet Farm Parking Garage for just $9. This is for people who enter the parking lot before 9 AM and exit by 7 PM.
- Commuter Special – It is for people who park their vehicles after 9 AM and leave before midnight. This will cost you just $10 for the whole day of parking.
- Mon-Fri Evenings – It allows you to park your vehicle on Monday to Friday nights at just $5. You can enter the parking lot after 4 PM but need to leave before 5 AM.
- Saturday/Sunday – You can park your vehicle at the secure parking of Mills Fleet Farm Parking Garage on weekends at a rate of just $5 for 24 hours.
Mills Fleet Farm Parking Garage also offers hourly parking options that cost you –
- $6 for up to 1 hour
- $8 for 1-2 hours
- $10 for 2-3 hours
- $12 for 3-5 hours
- $14 for 5-12 hours
- $18 for 12-24 hours
Note that these are the rates for regular days parking at Mills Fleet Farm Parking Garage.
For special event parking, such as NFL games, concerts, or something, the parking rates vary and become costly. The parking rates for special events are as below –
Special Event Parking at US Bank Stadium –
- Vikings Game – For Vikings games, you have to pay $50 per game.
- Stadium Concerts – For concerts, the parking rate is $50.
- Other Events – The parking costs for all other events are subject to vary. For more details, you can contact the officials of Mills Fleet Farm Parking Garage at 612-746-2666.
These are the parking rates for official US Bank Stadium parking spaces. Besides that, you can also opt for the parking passes, which will cost you $225 a month for reserved parking and $175 for unreserved parking.
Note that these monthly parking passes will not allow you to park during Vikings home games. Besides that, these parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Therefore, we suggest you either pre-book your parking tickets or reach the parking spot a few hours earlier.
Also Read – Great American Ballpark Parking Guide
Parking Options Near US Bank Stadium and Parking Cost
As you can see, there is a very limited number of parking spaces available in the official US Bank Stadium parking area. On top of that, these parking slots get quite costly during game and event days.
In such situations, if you want to save some bucks, you can opt for the nearby parking garages and parking lots. There are plenty of parking options available within walking distance of the stadium.
Below, we have shared details of some of the best US Bank Stadium nearby parking options –
425 Park Avenue
- Total available spaces – 452
- Location – Denison Parking Inc, 425 Park Avenue
- Parking cost – As low as $6 per hour
- Walking distance – 3 mins
First Covenant Church
- Total available spaces – Not Disclosed
- Location – SP Plus Corporation, First Covenant Church, 643 Chicago Ave.
- Parking cost – $6 flat rate
- Walking distance – 11 mins
Stadium Lot 1
- Total available spaces – 110
- Location – Interstate Parking Company LLC, 811 South 3rd Street, Hennepin
- Parking cost – $10 for 12 hours
- Walking distance – 4 mins
Stadium Lot 2
- Total available spaces – 58
- Location – Interstate Parking Company LLC, 346 Norm McGrew Place
- Parking cost – $9 for 10 hours
- Walking distance – 6 mins
Stadium Lot 3
- Total available spaces – 130
- Location – Interstate Parking Company LLC, 309 Norm McGrew Pl, Hennepin
- Parking cost – $11 for 24 hours
- Walking distance – 7 mins
These are some of the best parking lots and garages that are available within walking distance from the stadium. However, all of these parking spaces serve on a first-come, first-served basis, and therefore, we recommend you to pre-book a parking slot for your vehicle.
Also Read – Bridgestone Arena Parking Guide – Tips, Maps, and Deals
US Bank Stadium Handicap Parking
Accessible parking spaces are available at the Mills Fleet Farm Parking Garage. However, there are just 26 slots available, and that too available on a first-come, first-served basis. Therefore, we recommend you to pre-book your parking slot along with the game day tickets.
The best thing is that disabled people can get assistance from traffic and parking staff and can even get pick-up and drop-off services if needed. However, you will be required to show a disabled parking permit along with a placard or disabled license plate.
Also Read – Golden 1 Center Parking Guide – Tips, Maps, and Deals
Tailgating at US Bank Stadium
Tailgating is allowed at US Bank Stadium but only for Minnesota Vikings games. For tailgating, the US Bank Stadium authority has designated specific parking lots and ramps. You can get further information about where you can tailgate from the parking lot staff.
Tailgating begins at 7 AM for all Vikings games, and you need to wrap up everything before midnight. However, there are a few rules that need to be followed –
- All tailgating activities should end 3 hours after the game ends or at midnight – whichever comes first.
- Open fire items such as charcoal, wood, or other things are strictly prohibited.
- Any type of flying objects, such as drones, kites, model aircraft, and others, is strictly prohibited.
- Selling any items and promotional activities is not allowed.
- Tailgating fans should ensure that all sorts of furniture and other things they will carry shouldn’t block travel aisles as these travel aisles could be used by security personnel and staff in an emergency.
Also Read – Ball Arena Parking Guide – Tips, Maps, and Deals
Public Transit to US Bank Stadium
Public transit services are available and serve Minneapolis and St. Paul area. These services are managed by Metro Transit and offer top-notch, hassle-free transportation to fans.
There are two options to reach US Bank Stadium using public transit. Those are –
For Light Rail, you can either opt for the Metro Blue or Metro Green line. Both of these lines offer frequent and fast services from Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Bloomington.
Metro Transit offers a total number of 123 interconnected bus routes available throughout the twin cities.
There isn’t much information about these bus routes and stops yet, but we will update this article as soon as we get some reliable information.
You can also opt for Uber and Lyft services.
Getting to US Bank Stadium
US Bank Stadium is located at 401 Chicago Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55415.
You can use any public transit option or opt for taxis or rideshare services to reach US Bank Stadium.
However, if you are driving your vehicle on your own, we recommend you use Google Maps to navigate.
Also Read – Progressive Field Parking Guide – Tips, Maps, and Deals
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I park for US Bank Stadium?
As US Bank Stadium doesn’t directly manage any parking areas, the best place to park your vehicle is the Mills Fleet Farm Parking Garage.
Where can I drop off at US Bank Stadium?
A dedicated drop-off area for disabled guests is located on 10th Avenue South, between 6th Street South and 7th Street South.
Is there free parking at US Bank Stadium?
Sadly, no free parking options are available at US Bank Stadium or any nearby parking lots.
How much does it cost to park at US Bank Stadium?
For regular days, you can get your parking space for as low as $10 a day, but on games and event days, the price rises and can go up to $60.
What time do the gates open at US Bank Stadium?
US Bank Stadium gates open two hours before the game.
Subscribe to Email Updates :