Heard about the Wireless Now free tablet but have no idea how to apply for one? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.
Having a tablet is becoming a necessity for everyone. You can be a student or a senior. However, affording one is not easy. Wireless Now understands this issue, so they have joined hands with the government to bridge this digital gap.
I’m one of the students who have received an 8″ free tablet from them, so I can assure you that they are fulfilling their promise.
Although you will recieve a basic 4G LTE-supported tablet but hey, getting one for free isn’t that bad, and you can complete most of your college or school assignments on it.
With this article, I will share my experience of applying for the Wireless Now free tablet, the eligibility requirements, the required documents and the tablet activation process.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
Does Wireless Now Offers Free Tablet?
Yes, Wireless Now provides a free tablet through the Affordable Connectivity Program. This federally funded initiative seeks to assist low-income households in maintaining internet connectivity. Customers who qualify for ACP can receive a complimentary tablet from Wireless Now.
In addition to offering a $30 discount on internet service, the ACP provides qualifying households a one-time $100 ACP discount to purchase a tablet.
Eligible Wireless Now, consumers can obtain free high-speed internet service and a tablet with this discount. However, the tablet is not entirely free; customers have to make a co-pay of $11, but since the discount is huge, it’s considered a free tablet.
Customers receiving the Wireless Now free tablet via the ACP are granted 15GB of data with no monthly bills, contracts, or credit checks. They can maintain connectivity and utilize critical online services as a result.
Besides Wireless Now, AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile also provide free government smartphones and tablets under the Affordable Connectivity Program. For millions of digitally disadvantaged homes, the ACP may deliver modern connections.
How To Get Wireless Now Free Tablet
Here is how you can get a Wireless Now free government internet and a tablet:
Check your Eligibility
To be eligible for a Wireless Now free tablet via the ACP, you must meet income eligibility requirements, such as earning less than 200% of the federal poverty level or participating in specific government assistance programs.
Documentation substantiating your eligibility for the ACP program will be required. It may consist of tax returns, pay stubs, letters of Social Security or SNAP approval, Medicaid or SNAP award letters, or documentation proving tribal land residency.
Apply for the ACP
You may submit your application via the Wireless Now website. Ensure that all necessary documentation is submitted.
Recieve a Tablet
After you’ve been approved, Wireless Now will despatch your tablet within 1 to 2 days, which may take a week to deliver.
Activate your Tablet
Upon receipt, you must activate your tablet by contacting Wireless Now’s customer service via phone or by completing the activation process online. After activation, you can access 15GB of monthly data as you see fit on your new Wireless Now Free Tablet.
How To Qualify for Wireless Now Free Tablet
A few prerequisites must be fulfilled to qualify for a Wireless Now free tablet:
- You must be 18 years or older.
- Be a resident of a region where Wireless Now is operational. Coverage information for your ZIP code is available on their website.
- Ensure you have all the documents verifying that you meet all the eligibility criteria.
Once you meet the prerequisites, you must check the ACP program-specific eligibility criteria mentioned below.
Households must satisfy the specified eligibility criteria to qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program benefit to get a Wireless Now free tablet.
Eligibility is determined during the application process. The ACP program requires the following qualifying requirements:
The annual total income of a household must be equal to or less than 200% of the federal poverty guidelines, which are adjusted for household size.
|48 Contiguous States, D.C., and Territories
Add $10,280 for each additional member.
Participation in qualifying assistance programs
Here are some qualifying assistance programs.
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program
- WIC – Supplemental Nutritional Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance / Section 8
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Program
Additionally, households residing on eligible tribal lands qualify for the program.
- Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF)
- Head Start (Income qualifying Only)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
To validate one’s eligibility for the ACP and obtain the Wireless Now free government tablet, it is necessary to provide several essential forms of documentation.
The FCC requires this documentation to verify applicants’ identities, locations, incomes, and assistance program participation to prevent program waste, fraud, and abuse.
- Identification documents: Your full name and photo must be on a driver’s license, passport, or birth certificate. It validates your identity.
- Documents to Verify Age: In addition to the above-mentioned valid photo identification, individuals under 18 must present official documentation confirming their status as emancipated minors, such as a court-issued emancipation certificate.
- Legitimate Documents Address: At least two forms of authorized documentation containing your current residential address are required. A driver’s license, utility invoices, mortgage or lease statements, recent W-2 or tax return forms, and other acceptable documentation are accepted. It confirms you live where you say you do.
- Income documentation: Your family income must be below 200% of the federal poverty line by submitting tax records, employment stubs, Social Security, or benefits statements from the past year. Poverty guidelines can vary for your state and family size.
- Government Assistance Program Proof: You must provide statements, approval letters, award letters, or verification letters with your name and program participation dates to prove your eligibility for Medicaid, SNAP, public housing, or other programs.
Ensure that digital and physical copies of all required documentation are presented with your ACP application for the quickest processing and eligibility for the Wireless Now tablet offer.
Qualify for Wireless Now Free Tablet via ACP- Application Process
If you meet one of two eligibility requirements, you can apply for a Wireless Now free tablet by following the steps below.
Apply via Wireless Now website
- To apply for a free table through the Wireless Now website, visit “https://www.wirelessnow.com/”
- Enter your Zip Code and click on the “Get Mine” button.
- Fill out the application form with details such as Name, Email, Phone Number, Last 4 Digit SSN and D.O.B
- Now click on “Continue.”
- Choose any assistance program you qualify for and click on Continue.
- Now, enter your address information.
- Upload scanned copies of your eligibility documents.
- Submit and wait for approval.
- Once approved, you will need to make a co-pay of $11 so that Wireless Now can dispatch your tablet.
Apply via Mail
If you prefer a paper application for, here are the steps you can follow.
- Download and take a printout of the ACP application form available at “https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf”
- Also, add the household worksheet available at “https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf”
- Fill out both the application forms.
- Attach copies of your eligibility documents.
- Mail application to USAC, ACP Support Center, P.O. Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
Activation Process of Wireless Now Free tablet
Start using your Wireless Now free tablet by activating it on the network. For that, take these steps:
- Insert the SIM card: First, insert the tablet’s SIM card into the port. The SIM card enables cellular connectivity.
- Turn on the tablet: Switch on your tablet after inserting the SIM card.
- Connect to WiFi: Connect the tablet to WiFi. It is needed for activation.
- Open the Wireless Now app: The Wireless Now app should be installed on your tablet. First-time Wireless Now activation may involve entering your credentials or creating a new account.
- Sign in or create an account: When activating Wireless Now for the first time, you might be required to enter your existing credentials or create a new account.
- Follow activation prompts: Accepting the terms and conditions and completing any remaining activation steps will be handled by the application.
- Activation is Complete: Your tablet will be activated on the Wireless Now network and available once complete.
Wireless Now customer support can be reached via phone or online chat for any problems. Please ask them for assistance. They can assist in ensuring the complete activation of your new Wireless Now free tablet.
Things To Note For Successful Submit You Wireless Now ACP Application
When applying Wireless Now for the Affordable Connectivity Program, several essential considerations should be considered:
- Ensure all necessary documentation is readily available for uploading or submitting in hard copy. It includes identification, proof of address, eligibility based on income, and household size.
- Verifying that all provided information is precise and correlates to the accompanying documentation is critical.
- Inaccuracies or inconsistencies may cause an extension or denial of application approval. If requested, be ready to provide additional verification.
- Check your internet connection and avoid timeouts while applying online. When applying by mail, allow enough time for delivery and processing.
- Watch for confirmation and follow-up communications from Wireless Now following the submission.
Can ACP be applied to mobile and Internet?
Yes, the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit applies to mobile plans that include data and internet service. Eligible households are free to determine how the $30 monthly credit is utilized.
How do I get $100 off a tablet with ACP?
If you meet the eligibility requirements for the ACP program, which is based on low income below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines or participation in assistance programs such as SNAP, Medicaid, TANF, etc, you can get $100 off a tablet.
However, you must make a co-pay between $10 to $50 towards the price of the tablet.
Are Wireless Now Free tablets Completely Free?
No. All Wireless Now eligible customers must make a co-pay of $11 towards the price of a tablet.
Can I upgrade my free tablet in future from Wireless Now?
No, the free tablet supplied via ACP is intended solely for the recipient’s personal use and is not eligible for an upgrade.
How long will it take to receive my free tablet from Wireless Now?
Generally, tablet shipping and delivery commence within 3 to 7 business days following an application’s approval and the tablet’s selection. Wireless Now will provide tracking information once your tablet is dispatched.
By collaborating with the ACP, Wireless Now provides qualified low-income households an exceptional opportunity to connect. Customers who satisfy the income eligibility criteria and fulfill the enrollment requirements may be eligible to obtain high-speed internet access every month and a discounted tablet.
Subscribe to Email Updates :