Did you recently purchase a new SIM card and want to check whether your SIM card is activated or not?
SIM card activation is important to enjoy your preferred carrier services, but the question is, how can you check if your SIM card is activated in the first place?
This article will help you with exactly that.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
- 1 How to check if my SIM Card is Activated?
- 1.1 Check the signal strength indicator of your phone
- 1.2 Check your phone’s settings
- 1.3 Try inserting your SIM card into another device
- 1.4 Contact your service provider
- 1.5 What happens if you fail to activate your SIM Card?
- 1.6 What if the SIM card isn’t working?
- 1.7 Reasons why your SIM Card is not working
- 1.8 How to solve SIM card activation issues
- 1.9 Can you check when your SIM card was activated?
- 1.10 Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.11 How do I know if my SIM card is still active?
- 1.12 How do I check my SIM card status on my phone?
- 1.13 How do I know if my Android SIM card is working?
How to check if my SIM Card is Activated?
It is important to know whether your SIM card is activated or not so that you can start using your carrier’s services.
Following the methods below, you can check if your SIM card is activated –
Check the signal strength indicator of your phone
The first thing you can do to check whether the SIM card is activated is to see the network signal strength indicator in the top right-hand corner of your phone when you first insert your SIM card on the phone.
The network signal strength depends on your location, which might show full, half, or no network. If you have four bars on the network signal strength indicator, it means your SIM card is activated.
Check your phone’s settings
The other thing you can do to check whether your SIM card is activated is through your phone’s settings.
Visit your phone’s settings and click on the “Mobile Network” option. Then select the “SIM card information” option.
If you see the SIM card is active message under the SIM status, your SIM card is activated. Hence, you can use your SIM card to access further services.
Try inserting your SIM card into another device
You can try inserting your SIM card into another device to check your SIM card activation status.
So, insert your SIM card into another device. You must ensure that your other device is unlocked and compatible with your SIM card carrier. If your other device is connected to the network, your SIM card is activated and ready to use.
Contact your service provider
The fourth method to check your SIM card activation status involves contacting your service provider.
You can ask the customer executive whether your SIM card is activated or not soon after your purchase.
The customer support team might ask you multiple questions, including your name, mobile number, date of birth, etc., to know whether you are the real owner of your account.
Once you verify your account, the customer support agent will tell you whether your SIM card is activated.
What happens if you fail to activate your SIM Card?
If you fail to activate your SIM Card, you won’t be able to access the following –
- You can not send messages to anyone without SIM activation.
- You cannot make a call.
- You cannot access your mobile data.
- You won’t be able to access your provider’s 4G LTE or 5G network.
- You cannot access the benefits of your service provider, such as 3-way calling, voicemail services, call waiting, etc.
What if the SIM card isn’t working?
Suppose you place your SIM card correctly on your phone, but it is not working.
In such a case, you can do the following –
- First, you should ensure your SIM card is safe and is not damaged or broken.
- If your SIM card is not working even when it is not damaged, you can contact your carrier’s customer service.
- You can take help from the nearby retail store to help you if your SIM card is not working.
Reasons why your SIM Card is not working
There can be several reasons why your SIM card may fail to activate.
We have discussed some of those reasons below –
- You might not have followed the correct SIM card activation process to activate your SIM. Different carriers have different SIM card activation processes. You must check your carrier’s SIM card activation process to activate your SIM card correctly.
- If your phone is locked, your SIM card activation will fail.
- You need to insert your SIM card correctly into your device.
- Your SIM card will fail to work if your device is faulty or has bugs.
- If your SIM card is damaged or broken, then SIM activation will fail.
How to solve SIM card activation issues
If your SIM card has activation issues, you can solve the issues in the following ways –
- Ensure to follow the SIM Card Activation process correctly.
- You must handle your SIM Card carefully to prevent it from getting damaged.
- You must check your device is unlocked and compatible with your SIM card’s carrier.
- You can check you have inserted your SIM card properly into your phone.
- You can restart your phone to eliminate bugs troubling the SIM card activation process.
- You can check that your device is in good condition and fully charged before trying to activate your SIM card.
- Contact your carrier’s customer support service and tell them about your SIM card activation issue. They will guide you to resolve the issue.
Can you check when your SIM card was activated?
There is no way to determine when your SIM card was activated.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my SIM card is still active?
You can know if your SIM card is still active by calling your cellular service provider and checking if the associated phone number is still active.
How do I check my SIM card status on my phone?
You can check your SIM card status by following the steps below.
- Visit “Settings” on your phone.
- Select “Systems.”
- Then click on the “About phone” icon.
- Finally, select “Status.”
How do I know if my Android SIM card is working?
You can check if your Android SIM card is working by inserting your SIM card into another device and checking if it works there. For this, you need an unlocked device or a phone that works with the same carrier as the SIM card you are testing.
Subscribe to Email Updates :