This article covers everything about Derek Schmidt, including his bio, family, net worth, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
Derek Schmidt Bio and Career
Derek Larkin Schmidt, by profession, is a lawyer and politician. He has been serving as Attorney General in Kansas since 2011, and his term will end by January 9, 2023.
During his period as an Attorney General, he fought against expanding LGBT rights in Kansas and same-sex marriages. Not only this, Derek challenged the public health orders issued by Governor Laura Kelly concerning the COVID-19 pandemic.
Before joining as Attorney General of Kansas, Schmidt served in the Kansas Senate and represented the 15th district between 2001 and 2011. He also served as the Agriculture Committee chairman.
In march 2021, Derek became the first major Republican candidate to compete against incumbent Democrat Laura Kelly for Governor of Kansas.
Derek completed his school education at Independence High School. He earned a bachelor’s degree in Journalism from the University of Kansas. Derek had a keen interest in politics, so he did his master’s in International Politics from the University of Leicester and a law degree from the Georgetown University Law Center.
Derek Schmidt has a Doctorate in law from the University of Kansas School of Law.
Here is the list of workplaces Derek served for –
- Derek served as an assistant to former United States Senator Nancy Kassebaum and Former Senator Chuck Hagel.
- Derek worked as a lawyer with Scovel, Emert, Heasty, and Chubb law firm.
- Derek served as the director for Independence Industries Incorporated and the Kansas State Historical Society.
- Derek Schmidt is serving as the Assistant to the Kansas Attorney General, and his tenure will be completed by January 9, 2023.
Who is Derek Schmidt’s Wife?
Derek Schmidt is married to Jennifer Schmidt. Jennifer is a lawyer by profession and serves at the intersection of law and public policy. Jennifer began her career working at K.U. Law in 2008.
In 2017, Jennifer was titled an associate clinical professor and is currently working as a law lecturer.
Derek Schmidt Family
Derek has not disclosed much information about his family. However, we will update this article whenever we receive reliable information about the Derek Schmidt family.
Derek Schmidt Voting Records
Derek Schmidt and Laura Kelly have won their primaries for governor in the state. Now they will face off in Kansas Primary Election November 2022, which is considered a “tossup” by the non-partisan Cook Political Report.
Derek Schmidt’s Net Worth
Derek Schmidt net worth is estimated at around $1.03 million as of July 11, 2022.
Derek has more interest in investing in stock and has more than 477 units of Flexsteel Industries stock.
Also Read – Endorsement of Derek Schmidt by Trump
Some of the Facts and Trivia
- Derek ranked on the list of the most famous lawyer.
- In 2014, he won Kansas re-election by defeating Democrat AJ Koch.
- Derek created a Fraud and Abuse Litigation division to prosecute financial crimes and elder abuse in 2016.
- In 2017, Schmidt was elected president of the National Association of Attorneys General.
There you have it – a detailed article covering bio, wiki, family, and more about Kansas’ Primary Election 2022 Governor candidate Derek.
With that said, here I am wrapping up this article. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them in the comment section below. Our team will try to respond ASAP.
Subscribe to Email Updates :