This article thoroughly covers information about free government iPhone schemes, how to apply for them, eligibility criteria, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
- 1 Free Government iPhone
- 2 Eligibility Criteria for Free Government iPhone
- 3 Government assistance programs –
- 4 Essential Documents for Free Government iPhone
- 5 How to apply for a Free Government iPhone?
- 6 You can apply online for a Free Government iPhone
- 7 You can apply by mail
- 8 You can apply through a service provider
- 9 What type of iPhones is the government providing?
- 10 Free Government Phone Provider list
- 11 FAQs
Free Government iPhone
Nowadays, the majority of people want an iPhone and save money to get the latest iPhone model. The good news is, now, everybody can have an iPhone in America as the government has introduced a new scheme for the citizens. Now students who can’t afford to buy an iPhone can easily get one by applying for the scheme. The citizens now can get an iPhone for free along with many packaged services. People from different states can apply for a free government iPhone.
The federal government of the United States has introduced the scheme for Americans. These schemes are Lifeline and ACP, and people who participate in these schemes will get an opportunity to get an iPhone for free. This scheme is only for people who have low incomes and cannot afford common technology access. Only such people will get the phone and a monthly package of free data, texting, and other services.
Eligibility Criteria for Free Government iPhone
People with low income can get the iPhone along with the free services. You have to come under the category of low income, and for that, verification will be done.
Qualifying for the program is very important. Those who have applied for the other government program can easily apply and get an iPhone model.
Here is a list of some programs that can easily make you qualify for a free government iPhone scheme –
Government assistance programs –
- Veterans Pension and Survivor Benefit
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
Tribal-based programs –
- Tribal Head Start (Only households or individuals who meet the income qualifying standard are eligible)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for the Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
Essential Documents for Free Government iPhone
You can easily apply for the scheme if you submit the mandatory documents. You should provide personal as well as eligibility documents.
These are the following documents you can submit for applying for the Free Government iPhone –
Personal documents –
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A copy of your permanent resident card or Green card
- A copy of your certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization
- A copy of your U.S. driver’s license
- A copy of your valid government-issued, state, military, or Tribal ID
- A copy of your mortgage or lease statement
- A copy of your most recent W-2 or tax return
- A copy of your utility bill
Eligibility documents which include –
- A copy of your divorce decree
- A copy of your paycheck stub
- A copy of your current income statement from your employer
- A copy of your veteran’s administration statement of benefits
- A copy of your child support award.
Other documents which you can submit if you have participated in the other programs –
- A copy of your statement of benefits
- A copy of your approval letter
- A copy of your benefit verification letter
- A copy of your benefit award letter
Note that you don’t need to submit all of these documents. One document for your personal information verification and one document for your income proof will be more than sufficient. However, you may be asked to submit more documents, and in that situation, you will have to submit any other asked documents.
How to apply for a Free Government iPhone?
The Lifeline program facility was started in 1984. You will get an iPhone if you fulfill all the criteria.
As the program is designed for low-income households, you should have an income of below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, depending on where you live. You can go and check the criteria and see if you come under the categories to get a free government iPhone.
If you fulfill all the criteria, you can definitely apply for the free government iPhone through ACP or Lifeline scheme.
There are many different ways of applying for the program. Below, we have shared all of them –
You can apply online for a Free Government iPhone
This method is the easiest one as you can do this at home easily. You will need a desktop and a good network connection.
These are the following steps to apply online –
Step1- Open your desktop and search the program (Lifeline or ACP)
Step2- Click on the website and enter your State; click on the ‘apply’ option on the official website of the program you choose.
Step3- Login in with the required information like full name, Address, phone number, or email id, and create an account.
Step4- Login into your account and enter all the softcopy of your personal and eligibility documents as mentioned above. (Make sure you enter all the details correctly, or your application will be canceled)
Step5- After uploading all the documents along with your application form, you will get an email or message on your device after the completion of your application for a free government iPhone.
You can apply by mail
If you are not able to complete the procedure online, you can follow this method –
- Go to the official website of Lifeline or ACP.
- Download the application form from Lifeline or ACP.
- Fill in the required details, and also do not forget to include a Household worksheet.
- After filling in the required details, attach your personal and eligibility documents.
- After rechecking your form, send it to ACP or Lifeline Support center for review.
The Address is P.O. Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
(Remember to make extra copies of your Form and your attached documents)
You can apply through a service provider
Another option for you is to apply through a service provider. This is the easiest way to apply for a free government iPhone.
All you need to do is follow these simple steps –
- Choose a preferred Provider depending on the program.
- Go to the carrier’s official website and enter your zip code.
- After entering your zip code, click on the Get started button.
- You will be directly redirected to a different page to enter your personal and eligibility documents. After that, click on ‘Submit.’
- Once you submit your form, your form will be reviewed by the carrier team. If you get selected by the team, then you will be emailed.
What type of iPhones is the government providing?
Don’t think that you will get the latest model of the iPhone if you fulfill all the criteria. You will get your hands on 3-4-year-old iPhone models, which are –
- Free Government iPhone XR
- Apple iPhone 13
- Apple iPhone 12
- Apple iPhone 11
- Apple iPhone 9
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus
- Apple iPhone S.E.
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus
Free Government Phone Provider list
There are many providers who have been offering free government iPhones. Here’s a list of the providers that provide free government iPhones –
Citizens usually go for AirTalk Wireless. This is among the reputed companies, and you will get both programs as your option. The services are available in Oklahoma, South Carolina, Michigan, Wisconsin, New York, Mississippi, and Pennsylvania, among other states.
You will get an iPhone and also all the packaged services if you fulfill all the criteria. Remember, this is only eligible if you are an American citizen. You can read this detailed guide on how to get AirTalk Wireless free government iPhone.
This is one of the most reputed and safest providers that has been providing the free iPhone. This also offers both programs, i.e., Lifeline or ACP, through which you can get the free government iPhone.
It also provides all the special plans. This includes the offers like unlimited talk time, voicemail services, call waiting, 15 GB of high-speed mobile data, and more. You can visit cintexwireless.com/plan and read all the details before applying.
You may also like – Cintex Wireless Upgrade Phones
This is another reputed service provider. It also provides all the services along with the free government iPhone. This will also provide discounted deals for you. If you are looking for a safe provider, then you should visit sfonewireless.com and read the details for the process to fill out the application form and submit the required documents.
If you face any difficulty while completing the process, you can call or email their team, and they will respond as soon as they can.
This provides all services along with the free government iPhone. The good thing about the provider is they provide both the programs, Lifeline and ACP. NewPhone Wireless provides services in many states like Oklahoma, Louisiana, Delaware, Arkansas, South Dakota, Washington, Vermont, Maine, Oregon, Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, North Dakota, Minnesota, Mississippi, Maryland, Connecticut, Texas, and many other states.
Visit newphone.com and read all the details before filling in the Form for the Free Government iPhone.
It provides the same services as Cintex Wireless, NewPhone Wireless, and SFone Wireless. It also provides services along with the iPhone, like unlimited talk, unlimited text, 15 GB of mobile data, and more.
Visit sfonewireless.com and fill out the application. If you get selected, you will get a chance to get your hands on a free government iPhone.
There are many other service providers like them. If your form gets selected, you will be paying some amount of money to get the iPhone and the other packages.
Some other service providers are Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Boost Mobile. These are the reputed and trustable service providers.
You may also like –
- Free Cell Phone No Deposit No Activation Fee
- Get TruConnect Replacement Phone Free
- Get TruConnect Free Tablet
Does the government give out free phones?
Yes, the government of America gives out iPhones of any old version to the citizens. You can apply for the free iPhone through two different programs, i.e., Lifeline and ACP. Anybody in the USA can apply who has a low income and cannot afford phones, data services, and many others.
Which company has the best free government phones?
ASTAC, Safelink Wireless, Assurance Wireless, Qlink Wireless, TruConnect, Blue Jay Wireless, enTouch Wireless, and Feelsafe Wireless. These provide the best services with the best deals but only in America.
What is the best government phone program?
The Federal Lifeline Assistance gives the best iPhones to those who come under the criteria of low income. Students, service workers, and others can apply for the free government phone.
What carrier is offering free phones?
Several carriers, through the government’s Lifeline program, offer free phones to American citizens. These carriers include Assist Wireless, Assurance Wireless, enTouch Wireless, and True Wireless, among others. Many other carriers—like Verizon, Metro by T-Mobile, and Cricket—offer free phones to new American customers.
Subscribe to Email Updates :