SafeLink Free iPhone: The cost of mobile phones has skyrocketed, and people are willing to spend up to $1400 on a high-end smartphone. While some may be able to afford it, others may need to make sacrifices or even take out a loan to do so.
If you can’t afford a phone, obtaining a free government-issued Safelink phone may be your best option.
Safelink Wireless, one of the most dependable wireless service providers, will provide a free government-issued phone to anyone who qualifies.
But how should one get through it? What process should be followed? If you have such questions, don’t worry; you have come to the right place.
In detail, this article will discuss how to Get SafeLink Free iPhone – Easy Steps. We will also look at other ways to get a free iPhone and related ideas. Please keep reading ahead.
How to Get SafeLink Free iPhone
Before getting into how to Get SafeLink Free iPhone – Easy Steps, we should know if SafeLink even provides a free iPhone. So the answer is NO; SafeLink does not provide free iPhones through government programs.
If you qualify, the Safelink Lifeline program will provide you a free phone from various manufacturers.
But don’t give up; safelink has unbeatable iPhone pricing. These offers allow you to purchase a new iPhone on credit and make interest-free payments over time.
Does Safelink Offer Free iPhone?
As previously stated, SafeLink’s Lifeline and ACP programs do not qualify for a free iPhone, but you can still get one at a discounted price from the company.
Although none of these phone models are free, there is a price reduction. The most affordable is $149, and the most expensive is $879.
SafeLink’s official web store currently offers the following Apple iPhone models:
Qualify for The SafeLink Wireless free iPhone
Low-income consumers who meet Safelink Wireless’s income requirements or whose households include a participant in any of the following programs are eligible to receive a free iPhone from the company.
- Supplemental Security Income (Medicaid) (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (Food Stamps) Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Free and Reduced Price School Lunch or Breakfast Program
- Pell Grants from the federal government
However, some states have additional eligibility under the Tribal programs listed below:
- Tribal Head Start (only those households attaining its income qualifying standard)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
Customers not enrolled in any plans mentioned above may still be eligible if they can prove financial need by submitting proof of income.
According to the Federal Poverty Guidelines, you can qualify if your gross annual income is at or below 135% for Lifeline or 200% for ACP.
What Documents are Required for The SafeLink Wireless free iPhone
Some states may use a database to confirm an applicant’s eligibility. If a database is unavailable, you must provide proof of eligibility when applying for a Safelink Wireless free iPhone.
You can demonstrate that you meet the income requirements or are enrolled in an eligible program by submitting the following documents:
1. Program Participation Eligibility
If you participate in a government-sponsored program, provide proof in the form of a letter or an official document, such as:
- Letter of Award for Benefits
- Letter of recommendation
- Benefits statement
- Letter of Benefit Verification
- School documentation
2. Household Income Eligibility
Suppose you qualify for Safelink Wireless free iPhone based on your income. In that case, you must provide documentation demonstrating that your annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Among the documents are the following:
- Federal, state, or tribal tax return from the previous year
- A Social Security benefit statement
- Benefits Statement from the Veterans Administration
- The most recent income statement from your employer or a pay stub
- Statement of Benefits for Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation
- Child support award, divorce decree, or other official document demonstrating your income
- A retirement/pension benefit statement
3. Identity Verification
You may include any of the following documents with your application to prove your identity:
- A valid government, state, military, or tribal identification card
- Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization in the United States
- Birth Certificate for Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Driver’s license from the United States
- Passport Government-sponsored program documentation
- ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) documentation
Alternative Options To Get A Free iPhone
You can alternatively purchase an iPhone at a discount from a Safelink retailer and make payments over time, and the good news is that Safelink does not charge interest or APR on their iPhone deals.
One such retailer is Affirm. a safe link has partnered with affirm financial to make iPhones more accessible. If you want to buy an iPhone but prefer to make payments over time, this provider has excellent financing options.
With these packages, you can get an iPhone at a lower price and spread the cost over four convenient payments. Safe link’s specials provide access to the following iPhone models:
- The Apple iPhone 7 is available for purchase in Safelink stores for $149. Affirm allows you to buy this model with monthly payments. You can buy this phone with four interest-free payments totaling $37.25 thanks to Safelink’s partnership with Affirm.
- The Apple iPhone 6S Plus is available on Safelink’s iPhone payment plan for $372.50, divided into four interest-free payments. You won’t have to come up with the full $149 to purchase this phone outright.
- The Apple iPhone 7 is available for purchase outright for $199 or with a Safelink payment plan. This phone is available by making four payments of $49.75 to Safelink, with no interest charges.
- Safelink also has a payment plan for the Apple iPhone 8, with payments of $49.75 spread out over four monthly interest-free installments. That’s a one-time savings of $199, which is substantial.
- For the Apple iPhone 8 Plus, SafeLink offers a no-interest, no-APR payment plan. In exchange for $249, you will only have to pay $62.25 in four installments.
- The Apple iPhone XR is available for $74.75 monthly over four interest-free installments. You can avoid the phone’s standard $299 price by using the Safelink Payment Plan.
- The Apple iPhone 11 starts at $399, but you can spread out your payments and pay for it over time with the safelink payment plan for a lower total price. You’ll pay a total of $99.75 over four installments with this plan.
- You can use the safelink payment plan to postpone paying the $679 price of an Apple iPhone 12 mini until later, at no interest. This plan costs $169.75 in total, divided into four equal installments.
- The safelink installment plan is available for the Apple iPhone 13 mini. With this plan, you can make four interest-free payments of $194.75. As a result, you can avoid paying the initial $779 fee.
- Apple’s iPhone 13 is now available with a deferred payment option via the Safelink service. This plan’s four payments are $219.75 each and are interest-free. By doing so, you will save a whopping $1,238.
In addition to this deal, you can get an iPhone for free if you switch to a qualifying provider. We will discuss How to Get SafeLink Free iPhone – Easy Steps from an alternate provider in detail in further section.
Switch To Other Providers That Offer Free iPhones
Because Safelink does not participate in the government’s lifeline or ACP programs, you are not eligible for a free iPhone from them.
But, the lifeline/ACP program provides these phones for free through other service providers like Cintex Wireless, SFone Wireless, NewPhone Wireless, or Airtalk Wireless.
Many of these service providers provide free iPhones, including the iPhone 6, 6s, 6 plus, 7, 7 plus, 8, and SE.
However, some requirements must be met to receive a free iPhone from these service providers:
- Household income must be equal to or less than 200% of the federal poverty line.
- If you receive federal SSI, Medicaid, SNAP, or Section 8 vouchers.
- You may also be eligible if you receive r federal public housing assistance.
- You must provide proof of eligibility to receive a free iPhone from these service providers.
- All copies are proof of income, participation in a specific program, and proof of who you are and where you live.
Once you have established your eligibility, you can apply for a free iPhone from the aforementioned service provider.
Getting A Free Unlock iPhone From Other Source And Enroll Safelink BYOP
If you’re a new or current customer, you can sign up for Safelink BYOP and take advantage of carriers’ free iPhone promotions.
You can get a free, unlocked from another provider like Verizon, which offers a free iPhone with Verizon’s iPhone promotion, and sign up for Safelink and use the Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) service to activate your phone.
However, you must ensure that your phone is Safelink network compatible. Send BYOP to 61161 to determine if your phone is safe and link-compatible.
Okay, I Want To Get A Free Phone From Safelink
Those needing a free phone can get one from Safelink thanks to the lifeline+ ACP plan, which provides eligible customers with a free smartphone.
You can apply for a free phone through Safelink’s website if you meet the Safelink Lifeline requirements.
Thankfully, this carrier makes applying for a free phone very simple. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit there website
- Enter your ZIP code, and
- Click the START button to begin the application process
- You will be redirected to the Safelink lifeline application form if you can receive a free phone through Safelink.
- After tapping CONTINUE, you will be prompted to enter your full legal name, the last four digits of your SSN, date of birth, and address to begin the application
- Follow the on-screen prompts to apply for a free Safelink phone by entering your name, email address, mailing address, and IMEI number of the device you intend to use.
- Await approval, and if the phone is still available, get a free one after a short wait.
Can I insert a SIM card from Safelink when using a Straight Talk phone?
The answer to this question is contingent on the user’s phone model and SafeLink service plan. However, SafeLink should be compatible with the vast majority of GSM-compatible phones sold by TracFone’s many brands, including StraightTalk, TracFone, TotalWireless, and SimpleMobile.
When comparing Safelink and Tracfone, are they the same service?
SafeLink and TracFone are two of America Movil’s wholly-owned subsidiaries.SafeLink’s ability to keep users’ original phone numbers and secure their devices has made it a favorite. A big selling point for TracFone is that customers can upgrade their phones once every two years without incurring additional costs.
Where Can I Find Instructions on How to Unlock a Safelink SIM Card?
Phones that use Safelink SIM cards must be unlocked through the carrier’s website. After finding the phone number or device, you wish to unlock, click View Details to proceed. A tick box will be next to the product picture on the device details page. Select the check box and your phone will be unlocked.
Where Can I Get a New Safelink Cell Phone?
Contact Safelink at 800-378-1684 from any other phone to arrange a replacement for your broken cellphone.
Subscribe to Email Updates :