Are you a senior citizen looking for a guide on the “GrandPad Tablet for seniors”? If yes, then you have stumbled upon the right article.
GrandPad is an American tech company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, California. It manufactures a special touch-screen tablet computer for senior citizens.
Due to old age, it was getting hard for my father to use normal tablets as he had very little knowledge of technology, and he was also sick of continuous calls from scammers and telemarketers.
One of my family friends introduced me to GrandPad tablets and how they are very easy to operate and create a safe environment for seniors.
With this article, I will provide you with all the details about Grandpad tablets, such as their features, activation process, and how to buy one.
So, without further ado, let’s get started
GrandPad Tablet Role In Keeping Seniors Connected
GrandPad is a simple tablet specially designed for senior citizens and has played a key role in digitally connecting seniors to their family, friends, or loved ones.
This Tablet enables seniors to make phone calls, place a video call, view family photos, enjoy videos, listen to music, play games, check emails, etc.
With its user-friendly interface, the GrandPad Tablet has evolved into one of the smartest devices for people who cannot operate advanced smartphones and computers and need assistance to get connected to their families.
Seniors who can’t use tablets can read our guide on “Apply for free laptops for seniors,” as laptops are also easy to use and offer greater benefits than tablets.
Can Seniors Get GrandPad Tablet For Free
Yes. There are many Nonprofit organizations and government assistance programs that can help seniors get a free GrandPad tablet.
Here, we discuss some of them.
American Association of Retired Persons – AARP
AARP is a nonprofit organization that provides seniors membership benefits, including discounts, healthcare options, insurance products, travel-related services, education, and learning resources.
Seniors can’t get a free GrandPad Tablet from AARP, but if they are a member of AARP, they can get a 5% discount during the purchase. AARP also provides cell phones for seniors at a huge discount.
Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program ACP is a federal government program that provides low-income people with access to technology.
Many service providers under the ACP program can offer seniors a discount of $100 towards the price of a GrandPad Tablet. Remember that you have to make a co-pay of between $10 to $50.
You can read out our guide on a few providers that offer free tablets under the ACP program, such as “Apply for Q Link Wireless Free Tablet,” “How To Get StandUp Wireless Free Tablet,” and “Apply for Torch Wireless Free Tablet.”
Benefits Of GrandPad Tablet For Seniors
With GrandPad Tablets, Senior citizens can enjoy ample benefits without significant effort to learn to operate Tablet computers.
Here are some important benefits of the GrandPad Tablet.
One of the most beneficial features of the GrandPad Tablet is its easy-to-use interface, which allows senior citizens without technology experience to learn how to handle this Tablet quickly.
GrandPad Tablet for seniors offers one of the safest conversations as they can only connect with approved contacts, and their data is end-to-end encrypted.
It provides seniors with safety from telemarketers and scam callers.
GrandPad Tablets allow seniors to enjoy video calls, photo sharing, music, videos, games, etc., providing endless entertainment options to seniors.
Seniors can read news on current events or the weather on the Tablet.
GrandPad provides seniors with 24/7/365 customer support. Seniors can easily contact or chat with their customer representative through the “Help” option on the tablet menu.
Alternatively, seniors can contact GrandPad customer service at (800) 704-9412.
No Contract Required
Seniors don’t have to sign any contract with GrandPad. Meaning they can cancel their service anytime they want.
How To Get A GrandPad Tablet For Seniors Or Where To Buy?
The GrandPad Tablet for seniors is available at GrandPad’s site or on Amazon.
Buy from the GrandPad website
Here are the steps to buying a GrandPad Tablet from the official website
- Open your web browser and visit “https://www.grandpad.net/”
- You will be redirected to GrandPad’s official site.
- If you wish to buy the Tablet from the company’s site, click the “Buy Now” option above.
- Now, you will have to choose your plan.
- Answer their “Who will use the GrandPad Tablet” question by selecting the appropriate answer
- If you select the “A loved one” option, you must enter the details of the person for whom you are ordering the Tablet in the provided space.
- Now, you must provide your contact details (details of the person who ordered the Tablet).
- Select or add the address where you wish to receive the GrandPad Tablet.
- Then click on the “Continue to payment” option.
- Enter your payment information, such as your name, credit or debit card number, card expiry date, etc., and enter your billing address.
- After you have filled in the details, click on the “Review order” option below.
- Check your details and finally confirm the order.
- Once ordered, your GrandPad Tablet will take 2-3 days to reach your shipping address.
Please note that when you select “Myself” to answer “Who will use the Tablet,” you must enter your details in the provided spaces. Then click on “Continue to Shipping” to confirm your shipping address.
Note: Seniors who can’t afford to buy this tablet can get one for free from T-Mobile. Read our article on “Apply for T-Mobile free senior tablet.”
Buy a GrandPad Tablet on Amazon
You can buy GrandPad Tablets for seniors through Amazon. Here are the steps to do so.
- Visit “https://www.grandpad.net/” and click on “Buy on Amazon”
- You will be redirected Amazon website
- Click on Buy Now.
- Log in to your Amazon account or create one.
- Enter your shipping details.
- Make the payment. Currently, the GrandPad tablet is available for $397.97 on Amazon.
Additionally, you can place your order for GrandPad Tablets by calling the company at 1-800-704-9412.
Note: If you have a senior at home that requires a smartphone, make sure to read our guide on Free government iPhone models such as iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone 11 and iPhone 12
Features Of GrandPad Tablet For Seniors
GrandPad Tablet offers the best features for senior citizens to help them stay connected with their family or friends, and it also creates a safe environment for them so they don’t get scammed by telemarketers or scammers.
Here are some of the features of the GrandPad Tablet.
|Display||The Tablet has 8 inches display and weighs 12.5 ounces.|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor.|
|Storage||32GB Internal Storage|
|Camera||5 MP Rear Camera|
|Connectivity||4G LTE and WIFI connection|
|Charging||Qi wireless charging dock|
|Security||Only authorized users can send an email or video chat retreats through a companion GrandPad app on their phones. The companion apps have capabilities in 40 languages.|
|Extra features||The Tablet has a flashlight, a magnifying glass, games, an encyclopedia, news articles, weather reports, and Zoom integration.|
The additional features of the GrandPad Tablet include.
- Charging cradle: The GrandPad tablet has a charging cradle, allowing them to keep Tablet on the cradle while charging and have hassle-free charging.
- Optimum battery life: GrandPad tablets have an optimum battery life of 1-3 days, depending on how long seniors use the Tablet to watch videos or for other work. The Tablets can be charged with a micro-USB cable by inserting it into the side of the port. This feature makes it ideal for travelling.
- Stylus Pen: GrandPad tablets for seniors have a stylus pen to help seniors navigate GrandPad’s apps while enhancing accuracy when pressing the Tablet’s button.
GrandPad Tablet For Seniors Plan Options
With its amazing and safest GrandPad Tablet, the company offers two plan options for senior citizens. Below, we have mentioned the plans.
If you are a senior looking for a free landline phone and internet, read our guide on “Free Government Landline and Internet for seniors”
Steps To Activate GrandPad Tablet
Once your GrandPad tablet for seniors is delivered, you must activate your Tablet to use its services.
Here are the steps to activate a GrandPad tablet
- Charge your Tablet to its full capacity.
- Turn on the Tablet by pressing the power button until you see the GrandPad logo.
- Log into GrandPad Central at https://central.grandpad.net
- Enter your registered email id and click next.
- Your login link will be sent to your registered email ID
- Once you are logged in, Complete your profile details
- Now, under the contact section, You can click “Add new contact” to add your friends and families.
- Now, in the application section, you can manage the content viewed on the GrandPad Tablet.
- Download the GrandPad Companion App on your Android or IOS device so that you can share email, text, videos, and photos safely with seniors.
- Now your GrandPad Tablet is activated and ready to use
You can contact GradPad customer service at 1-800-704-9412 if you need help activating your Tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions
What games are on the GrandPad Tablet for seniors?
The GrandPad tablet has blackjack, bridge, crossword, Freecell, four in a row, hangman, hearts, solitaire, memory, slots, spider solitaire, sudoku, texas, tic-tac-toe, tiles, word search, and word scramble.
I am going to visit my son, who lives out of state. Will my GrandPad tablet work when I visit my son?
Yes. The grandPad Tablet works anywhere in the United States with unlimited 4G LTE included in the monthly cost.
How long does the GrandPad Tablet battery last?
The GrandPad Tablet battery lasts between 1 and 3 days, depending on how much it is used.
Signup For Our Newsletter