This article covers detailed information about the free Government phones Illinois program, the eligibility criteria, required documents, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
Free Government Phones Illinois
In today’s increasingly digital world, smartphones have become indispensable as they have everything you need, from the bare essentials to the most luxurious services. Illinois, however, due to its high unemployment rate and poverty, needs to catch up in this race of technological advancement, and as a result, many low-income families need help to afford up-to-date technology.
Illinois Lifeline program offers low-cost or free government phones to qualified users.
You are eligible for the free Government phone in Illinois if you fulfill any of the below-mentioned categories of requirements.
Remember that the free phone offer is only available once per household, and if another household member already has a free Government phone, your application will be denied.
Proof of enrollment in one of the following Government assistance programs is required for you to be eligible for the Lifeline program –
- Food assistance through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP
- Federal government funding for low-income housing (Section 8)
- The Supplemental Security Income program
- The Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit program
- Participants in the Indian Reservation Food Distribution Program
- The General Assistance Program of the Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Tribal head start
- Tribally administered temporary assistance to needy families
- Temporary assistance for needy families
- Children’s health insurance program (CHIP)
Income requirements to get free Government phones in Illinois
If you live in Illinois but make a significantly lower annual income, regardless of whether you participate in any of the programs mentioned above, you will be eligible for the Lifeline program.
The Federal Poverty Line gets adjusted annually based on the size of your family. To be eligible for the program, your household income should be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Annual Income Limit
The official poverty line in Illinois for 2022 is described below –
- The annual income limit for a household of one is $17,388.
- For a family of two is $23,517 per year.
- For a family of three is $29,646 per year.
- For a family of four is $35,775 per year.
- For a family of five is $41,904 per year.
- For a family of six people is $48,033 per year.
How to apply for free Government phones in Illinois
Follow these simple steps to apply for the free Government phones program –
- Select the best service provider possible. We have shared a list of the best service provider below.
- Once you have picked up the service of your choice, go to the service provider’s website and create an account.
- Sign in to your account and click the “Apply” button to apply for a free Government phone in Illinois.
- You will be redirected to the application form. Fill in your full name, birth date, home address, and social security number on the form.
- Upload supporting documentation proving your eligibility for the program before submitting the form.
- Submit the application and all required documentation to the National Lifeline Verifier and await approval.
Once your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation, and your free Government phone will be delivered soon.
Cell Phone Service Providers in Illinois that participates in the Lifeline program
The most dependable free Government phone service providers in Illinois are listed below. Before deciding on a preferred option, thoroughly research the various companies’ policies and plans –
As part of its Lifeline plan, eligible customers can receive a free smartphone from LG, Blu advance, Nokia, or Alcatel phone, as well as unlimited texting and calling. This plan includes three-way calling, caller ID, call waiting, access to free 911 services nationwide, and regular long-distance calling.
Assurance Wireless provides qualifying families in need with a free smartphone from ZTE, Unimax, and Wiko, among others, monthly data, text, call minutes, and 10 GB of hotspot data.
Smartphones such as the Samsung S425G, LG221C, and Samsung T330G are free to people who qualify for the Lifeline program. Furthermore, Safelink Wireless Lifeline plans include benefits such as unlimited talk and text, 25 GB of high-speed data, and 5G hotspot data.
American Assistance is another reputable provider of free Lifeline phones to qualified Illinois residents, and if you are eligible, you may get a free LG, Nokia, iPhone, Motorola, or Samsung Galaxy J3 phone. Customers can additionally take advantage of the company’s free unlimited texting and data plan, the free smartphone, free unlimited voice minutes within the United States, and free 4.5 GB of data throughout the month.
For those who meet the requirements, the company offers a free Lifeline plan that includes a phone, texts, minutes, and advanced features such as call forwarding, voicemail, and three-way calling.
FAQs About free government phone
Which is the best option to get a free government phone in Illinois?
The Lifeline program is the best option to get a free Government phone in Illinois.
What are the benefits of the Lifeline program in Illinois?
Benefits of the Lifeline program include free phone, unlimited calling, text message, international calls, access to free data, and 10 GB of the hotspot.
Are these benefits only restricted to Illinois?
Authorities’ efforts to bridge social divides through subsidized programs, such as providing free Government cell phones in Illinois and elsewhere, indicate a positive trend for the country as a whole.
The state of Illinois’ free smartphones is a boon to the state’s low-income families, and it is undeniable that the program benefits society as a whole. We discussed everything you need to know about the program in the article. However, if you still have any doubts, you can hit our comment section, and we will provide you with the solution.
Subscribe to Email Updates :