Free iPhone 6s Government Phone – The American Government has endeavored to make technologies accessible to economically backward households with low annual incomes in the name of the Lifeline Assistance program.
The Government provides free phones, free internet, or discounted services through participating major service providers under the Lifeline program. These service providers provide their services upon qualifying certain requirements.
A few providers also offer free iPhone 6s to eligible low-income families.
If you wish to get a free iPhone 6s Government phone, please keep reading to find out how to get it, the eligibility requirements, the application procedure, etc.
So without further delay, let’s begin –
- 1 How to get a Free iPhone 6s Government Phone
- 2 Eligibility Requirements for Lifeline
- 3 Documents needed to apply for free iPhone 6s Government Phone
- 4 General document you may need
- 5 Application procedure to get a free iPhone 6s Government Phone
- 6 Best Providers offering free iPhone 6s Government Phone
- 7 How is the Free Government iPhone program funded?
- 8 Can I get a free 5G Government phone?
- 9 Can I get iPhone 6G if I am unemployed?
- 10 Conclusion
How to get a Free iPhone 6s Government Phone
To get a free Government iPhone, you need to follow these simple steps –
- Ensure you are eligible for the Lifeline Assistance program.
- Find a free cell phone provider that offers a free iPhone 6s Government phone under the Lifeline program in your state.
- Apply to the provider.
To get a free iPhone, please check your eligibility by referring to the requirements of the Lifeline program below.
Eligibility Requirements for Lifeline
First of all, you need to ensure that you are 18 years or above in age.
If yes, there are two methods to qualify for the Lifeline program –
Your annual household income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
You or any house member participates in any government-aided programs listed below –
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
Once you are sure of your eligibility for a free iPhone Government phone, you should look for the documents to support your eligibility under the Lifeline program.
Documents needed to apply for free iPhone 6s Government Phone
To verify your eligibility, you must have the following documents –
If you qualify on a low-income basis, you must have a document showing your annual income status. You can submit any of the following –
- Current income statement or a paycheck stub
- Previous year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Unemployment compensation statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits Federal
- Tribal letter of participation in General Assistance, divorce decree, or child support award
If you apply on a program basis, you must have a document proving your program participation. You can have any of the following –
- Government approval letter
- Benefits verification letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefits award letter
General document you may need
- Proof of identity or age in the form of valid Government, state, military, or Tribal ID, birth certificate, or passport.
- Proof of address – (ID, mortgage, utility bill, W-2 or tax return, driver’s license)
- Proof of emancipation
Application procedure to get a free iPhone 6s Government Phone
Follow these simple steps to apply for a free Government iPhone 6s under the Lifeline program –
- First of all, find a service provider that provides free iPhone 6s under the Lifeline program in your state.
- Visit their official website and check for your eligibility.
- If the company deems you qualify, they will allow you to apply for the free iPhone 6s.
- Fill in all of the requested information and attach all of the documents.
- Once you have applied, wait for their response.
You will be informed via mail if you are selected to get a free iPhone 6s government phone.
Best Providers offering free iPhone 6s Government Phone
How is the Free Government iPhone program funded?
The Lifeline program is the initiative of the FCC (Federal Communications Commission). The FCC funds the lifeline program through which the Government provides free phones and internet services to low-income households.
Can I get a free 5G Government phone?
Yes. Some network service providers, such as Cintex Wireless, have started offering free 5G Government phones.
Can I get iPhone 6G if I am unemployed?
Yes, this free Government phone is available for unemployed workers under the same scheme.
Some providers under Lifeline programs do provide free iPhone 6s Government phones. If you wish to have one, check your eligibility, search for the providers of iPhone 6s in your state and go for the application.
With that said, here I am wrapping up this article. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them in the comment section below. Our team will try to respond ASAP.
Subscribe to Email Updates :