Want to get HughesNet low-income internet benefits? If yes, you have stumbled upon the right webpage.
Last year, Hughes Network System, LLC, became an active participant in FCC’s Emergency Broadband Benefit Program. Hughes Network Systems has innovated satellite and multi-transport technologies and networks for 50 years.
It provides broadband equipment and services, managed services featuring smart, software-defined networking, and end-to-end network operation for millions of consumers, businesses, governments, and communities worldwide.
Does HughesNet offer low-income Internet?
HughesNet became an active partner in the FCC Affordable Connectivity Program last year. The program ensures that eligible households have the high-speed internet they need at affordable rates.
Because of its participation in ACP, it does offer free government internet for low income.
What is the HughesNet Affordable Connectivity Program?
HughesNet Affordable Connectivity Program is a program launched by the FCC to help eligible households with internet connectivity. It came into practice to make sure that every household had a high-speed internet connection during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The aim is to provide every household with affordable internet to stay in touch with the world during hard times. This program offers a discount of up to $30 a month towards broadband internet service and up to $75 a month if you qualify on Tribal lands.
You can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 on a laptop, desktop, or tablet computer, but you must contribute between $10 and $50 toward the purchase.
How Can I Qualify For Hughesnet Low-Income Internet?
As mentioned earlier, there are certain eligibility criteria that you or your household must qualify to become eligible for this program.
The eligibility criteria for HughesNet low-income internet are –
To be eligible for the ACP, your household must have an annual income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
You or any of your family members must benefit from the assistance programs mentioned below for ACP.
HughesNet ACP awards eligible households a discount of up to $30 a month towards broadband internet service and up to $75 a month if they qualify on the basis of Tribal lands.
How to Apply for HughesNet Low Income Internet Program?
All you need to do is follow these simple steps to apply for the HugesNet free internet program –
- First, check your eligibility by visiting https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/do-i-qualify/
- After confirming your eligibility, fill out the FCC Universal Service Administration Form at “https://www.getinternet.gov/apply?id=nv_home“
- Choose your state or territory and click on “Get Started”.
- Fill out the application form and submit it.
- Once you have submitted your FCC application, you must wait for the approval. You will get that notification within three to seven days.
- Once approved, contact HughesNet at 866-347-3292 or visit their website at https://www.hughesnet.com/ to tell them you are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program and want to enroll with them.
HughesNet low Income Internet Plans & Prices
Below, we have mentioned all the plans you will get under the HughesNet ACP program.
|Monthly Cost with ACP Discount
What are the Pros and cons of HughesNet Low Income Internet?
HugestNet free internet for low income has both pros and cons, which include –
- No Annual Contract – If you are eligible for the ACP Program, you don’t have to sign any long-term contract. You will pay monthly bills, which won’t affect your credit score negatively.
- Discounted Internet – HughesNet provides eligible households a discount of up to $30 per month on internet service. $75 per month if you live on qualifying Tribal lands.
- Temporary – The one disadvantage con with HughesNet is that it is temporary. It will be discarded in a few months. So, please take advantage of it as soon as possible.
How does the HughesNet low-income Internet Work?
Once you have been approved for the plan and given the confirmation call, the engineers from HughesNet will visit your house. They will set up the HughesNet broadband in your house; you can then connect it to your devices and use the high-speed internet.
How long will the HughesNet Low-income internet last?
The HughesNet will last as long as the ACP is still functioning and HughesNet participates in ACP. There is no fixed date for the program to end.
Does the Government offer free internet?
Yes, the government provides free internet to low-income families through several assistance programs, including the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program.
Is HughesNet internet good?
Yes, It is a good choice for you. It is available in all 50 states.
Can you get HughesNet anywhere?
HughesNet Internet is available throughout the United States even if there is no fiber connection, as it is a satellite-based service provider.
How do I contact HughesNet Customer Care?
You can reach a HughesNet customer representative at “866-347-3292.”
Subscribe to Email Updates :