Vortex Government Phones – The United States government provides low-income poor Americans access to the internet and internet-based devices like smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc., through its incredible initiative in the form of several assistance programs like the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
These programs help eligible, economically weak people to afford the internet and stay connected to the world. These internet services are provided through Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program participating wireless companies. Some generous wireless providers also offer free smartphones and tablets under these programs.
This article covers detailed information about how to get Vortex government phones and tablets, eligibility criteria, required documents, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
- 1 What type of Vortex Phones do I get from the Government?
- 2 Eligibility criteria to qualify for Vortex Government Phones and Tablets
- 3 Documentation required to apply for Vortex Government Phone
- 4 How To Get Vortex Government Phones And Tablets
- 5 Can I Get a Free Vortex Tablet From the Government?
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
What type of Vortex Phones do I get from the Government?
Please note that no carrier offers Vortex phones under the government assistance programs. However, you can get a Snapfon phone model. This model is generally known as Vortex MUV.
The Vortex MUV has so many amazing features, including –
- The model operates on Android 8.1 Go Edition.
- It has a storage capacity of 8 GB ROM and 1 GB RAM.
- It comes with MediaTek MT6739/WW chipset.
- The model has a Li-Ion battery of 1950 mah.
- The internal memory is expandable up to 64 G.B. with an SD Card.
- It has a 5.0 inch LCD IPS display, large enough to watch movies, stream online content, play mobile games, etc.
If you wish to have a Snapfon model, you must pay $43.99. You may visit Snapfon’s official website for more information.
Eligibility criteria to qualify for Vortex Government Phones and Tablets
To get Vortex phones, you must participate in Lifeline or ACP government assistance programs by qualifying the following eligibility conditions.
The prerequisites to participate in the Lifeline or ACP program are –
- You should be 18 years of age.
- You should be a citizen of the state where these programs are available.
If you fulfill the above requirements, you can check the additional eligibility conditions to qualify for Lifeline and ACP programs.
Your annual household income should be below or at 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for Lifeline, while your income should be below 200% for ACP.
You or any household member must participate in any of the below listed government-funded programs.
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Tribal Assistance programs
You can also qualify if you or any household member participate in Tribal assistance programs.
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (Tribal-TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Head Start (only for the family who meet income eligibility)
Documentation required to apply for Vortex Government Phone
After you ensure your eligibility to apply for a government phone, you must prove your qualification by submitting specific government documents that substantiate your fulfillment of the eligibility conditions.
Let’s see the accepted documentation depending on your eligibility.
If you qualify on a low-income basis, you must have a document containing your name, income statement, etc.
Official documents are –
- Payback stub
- Current income statement from your employer
- Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Child support award
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- A social security statement of benefits
- Divorce decree
If you qualify on a program participation basis, you must provide a document that shows your participation, containing your full name, program name, date of issue of the certificate, name of the organization issuing the certificate, etc.
Accepted legal documents are –
- Benefit award letter
- Government approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
In addition, you may need some other documents that verify your identity, age, or address. You may submit any of the following documents –
- Birth Certificate
- U.S. Driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- A valid state, military, Government, or Tribal ID
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Certificate of emancipation
- Utility bill
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
How To Get Vortex Government Phones And Tablets
You can apply for Vortex Government phones and tablets in three ways –
Please follow the instructions below to apply online through the National Verifier to get a free Vortex Government phone or tablet.
- Open the site at nv.fcc.gov/lifeline.
- Select your state.
- Click on the “Get Started” option.
- You will be redirected to the application form. Fill in the details correctly.
- Attach copies of your eligibility documents.
- Once you are done, click on the “Submit” option.
Wait for your application’s approval or rejection.
Application via mail
Please follow the below steps to apply for Vortex Government Phone via mail.
- Print out the application form at lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf.
- After taking the print, please complete the application form with relevant details.
- Collect hard copies of your eligibility documentation to support your qualification.
- Attach the eligibility documents with the application form.
- Finally, send your application form to the mailing address at P.O. Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
Through the providers
You can also apply directly to your preferred provider.
The steps to apply are as follows –
- Find a provider offering Lifeline or ACP benefits in your residence.
- Check your eligibility to apply.
- If your preferred provider offers an online application facility, visit their official website to proceed with the application.
- On their official website, enter your state.
- You will be redirected to your state’s application form. Fill out the application form with relevant details.
- Attach the scan copies of your eligibility documents.
- Check if everything is correct.
- Finally, submit your application form.
Can I Get a Free Vortex Tablet From the Government?
No. You cannot get a Vortex Government tablet completely free under the assistance programs. Some ACP providers offer a one-time discount of $100 to eligible low-income people to purchase internet-using devices like tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
Moreover, the qualified household must contribute at least $10 and, at most, $50 towards purchasing these tablets. It is this discounted Tablet that is known as the Vortex Government tablet. You must be eligible for your preferred provider’s ACP programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I purchase Vortex phones?
You can purchase Vortex phones from reputable online stores like eBay. You can also buy one from carriers such as Snapfon.
What Vortex phone models are available currently?
As far as Vortex phones are concerned, they are available as smartphones and basic phones. Vortex smartphones are 4G and have impressive features like a 4.0-inch screen, 5MP back camera and 2.0 MP camera at the front, 8GB ROM, and 0.5GB RAM.
Do I get other benefits if I qualify for the Vortex Government Tablet?
Once you qualify for a discounted Vortex government tablet, you are entitled to multiple benefits, including unlimited texts, 10 G.B. of mobile data, and a certain amount of free minutes.
Subscribe to Email Updates :