Free Galaxy s10 Government Phone: Are you considering purchasing a smartphone? Do you struggle to have enough funds to have one? The good news is you can receive one for free now.
The federal government has attempted to provide low-income people access to free or discounted internet services through several assistance programs. These free services are offered by the wireless phone companies that have agreed to participate in these government support programs and help low-income people to stay connected. Some providers also offer various free smartphone models under these programs.
This article will furnish information on various programs that provide Free Galaxy s10 Government Phones. You will read about the eligibility, application, and how to get a Free Galaxy s10 Government Phone under these assistance programs.
Top 4 Free Government Galaxy s10 Programs
1. Lifeline Assistance Program
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) started the Lifeline program in 1985 to provide low-income people with free or discounted telephone services. The program helps people who cannot afford their phone bills. The Lifeline-eligible households get $9.25 monthly discounts on wireless and internet services.
2. Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The ACP program was started in December 2021, replacing the older EBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) program launched during the Covid-19 pandemic to help poor people afford internet services.
ACP provides similar benefits as EBB and the Lifeline and helps low-income people pay their phone and internet bills.
3. Connect America Fund
The Connect America Fund is another government program that offers subsidies to phone companies to serve rural and backward areas of the country. The program aims to provide affordable phone services for financially vulnerable households in underdeveloped regions.
4. National Lifeline Association
It is a non-profit organization offering financial aid to poor American residents to assist them in paying their phone bills. The National Lifeline Association offers various free phones to eligible households through free phone programs, including the Free Galaxy s10 Phone.
How to get a Free Galaxy s10 Government Phone?
You can get a Free Galaxy s10 Government Phone by participating in one government assistance program that offers free phones to eligible low-income people.
These assistance programs have their eligibility requirements which you must meet to avail of the program’s benefits.
Lifeline and ACP are the two most extensive assistance programs that offer free phones to qualified poor households nationwide.
Getting a Free Galaxy s10 Government Phone has the following procedure.
- Finding out what program is operational in your state.
- Locating the providers that offer free phones through the government assistance program.
- Check your eligibility to apply for your state’s Free Galaxy s10 phone program.
- Collecting the relevant documents to prove your eligibility.
- Finally, applying for the program for Free Galaxy s10 Government Phone.
Let’s read about the details of each step ahead.
Requirements to Get a Free Galaxy s10 Government Phone
The requirements for a Free Galaxy s10 Phone differ for various government assistance programs. Therefore you must check the program’s eligibility criteria available in your state.
Since the Lifeline and ACP programs are operational across the United States, we will look at the eligibility requirements for these two programs.
Lifeline program eligibility requirements
You can qualify for the Lifeline program if you meet any eligibility conditions from the two below.
1. Income requirement
Your annual household earning is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
2. Program requirement
If you or any family member benefits from any of the government assistance programs listed below.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF),
- Tribal-specific programs- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Head Start
ACP program eligibility requirement
You can qualify via the ACP program to apply for Free Galaxy s10 Government Phone if you meet any of the conditions mentioned.
1. Income requirement
Your annual household income should be at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
2. Program participation requirement
If you or any household members participate in any government support program mentioned below, including the Lifeline program.
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, Children (WIC)
- School Lunch or Breakfast programs, including USDA Community Eligibility Provision schools
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Food stamps / Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Pell Grant program recipient in the current year
List of Documents for Free Galaxy s10 Government Phone
Merely meeting the eligibility conditions does not qualify you to apply for the assistance program for a Free Galaxy s10 Government Phone.
You must be able to prove your eligibility with the support of specific valid documentation. The documentation needed depends on your eligibility by which you apply for the free phone program.
We have listed below the various accepted documents depending upon your eligibility to submit during the application process.
1. Income documents
If you apply on a low-income basis, you must have a document revealing your full name and income.
Accepted official documents are:
- Recent income statement
- A paycheck stub
- Previous year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Child support award
- Unemployment Compensation statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits Federal
- Divorce decree
2. Program participation document
If you apply based on your participation in any government assistance program, you must have a document showing relevant program details like your full name, program’s name, date of issuance, name of the authority distributing the documents, etc.
Accepted official documents include:
- Government approval notice
- Benefits verification letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefits award letter
3. General documents
In addition to eligibility documentation, you may need general documents verifying your address, age, and identity. You can have the following.
- Birth certificate
- US driver license
- Valid state, government, military, or Tribal ID,
- Utility bill
- Tax return
- Certificate of emancipation
Please submit only a copy of your eligibility documents rather than the original one during the application process.
How to Apply for a Free Galaxy s10 Government Phone in 2023?
The application procedure for a Free Galaxy s10 phone varies for different programs. You must check which program is operational in your state and proceed with the application only if you meet the eligibility conditions of the respective program.
As expressed, Lifeline and ACP programs are operational in almost all states of the United States. We will discuss here the detailed application procedure for these two programs.
You can apply for a Lifeline/ACP Free Galaxy s10 Government Phone in three ways :
- By mail
- Through the provider
1. Online application
You must visit the National Verifier’s website to apply online for the Lifeline and ACP program for a Free Galaxy s10 Phone. The steps for the online application include the following:
- First, open the link, nv.fcc.gov/lifeline
- Enter your state by pressing on the drop-down icon.
- Click on the “Get Started” option.
- Once you select your state, you will be redirected to your state’s Lifeline or ACP application form, whichever is operational in your residence.
- Complete the application form with the correct information.
- Attach copies of your eligibility documents.
- Click “Next” when you complete one page.
- Lastly, click on the “Submit” icon.
- Your online application is completed.
2. Application by mail
The next method to apply involves via mail. You must download and take the print of the application form of the program through which you apply for a Free Galaxy s10 phone.
- For the Lifeline application form, visit
- For the ACP application form, please visit
- While applying via the ACP program, you must include the Household worksheet at
- Fill up your application form and send the package with your eligibility documentation at
- Lifeline/ACP Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
3. Application through the provider
Besides the above two methods, the third method to apply for Free Galaxy s10 Phone includes direct application to your preferred provider.
The steps to do so are:
- First, you must find a service provider that offers its services under your state’s Lifeline or ACP programs.
- After you learn about one, please contact your provider to get information on the application procedure for its Lifeline or ACP benefits.
- If your provider allows the online application, you can visit its official website to proceed with your application procedure.
- Fill out the application form on your provider’s website and upload the essential eligibility documents.
- Finally, submit your application form and wait for your provider’s response.
- You will receive a notification on the registered email if your application is approved.
Alternatively, you can apply offline in person by visiting your provider’s office. The company’s agent will examine your eligibility. If you fulfill the conditions, the agent will help fill out the Free Galaxy s10 Phone application.
How long will it take to get a Free Galaxy s10 Government Phone
Once you have applied and approved, you can get a Free Galaxy s10 phone in 5-10 working days, depending upon your carrier and location. If it takes more, you should contact your provider.
What providers provide Free Government Galaxy s10 phones?
Many phone companies participate in government assistance programs to help low-income eligible households access discounted or free phone services.
We have provided a list of providers that offer free Galaxy s10 phones through the Lifeline and ACP programs.
- Assurance Wireless
- enTouch Wireless
- Assisi Wireless
- FeelSafe Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Copper Valley Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- Life Wireless
- Infiniti Mobile
- NewPhone Wireless
- Q Link Wireless
- Safelink Wireless
- SafetyNet Wireless
- Sprocket Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- Tempo Communications
- Terracom Wireless
- True Wireless
Please note that each career provides its services in specific states. You must search what carrier offers its benefits under what government program in your state.
The easiest way to find out this is to visit the carrier’s website and check the states where they offer Lifeline or ACP benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the lifeline and ACP program the same?
No. Lifeline is an older assistance program initiated to aid poor people with internet services. ACP is a new program started in December 2021 to replace the earlier Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program. However, both Lifeline and ACP offer similar benefits.
Moreover, if you qualify for one amongst Lifeline or ACP, you automatically become eligible for the other. You can receive both programs’ benefits at the same time. But you must contact your provider to enroll you in the program.
Can Lifeline be used for the internet?
Yes. Lifeline program also provides broadband internet services and broadband-voice bundles.
However, according to the FCC’s rule, only one Lifeline service per household is allowed.
What is the best free government smartphone in 2023?
As of 2023, the best free government phone is the iPhone 8, provided by Cintex Wireless.
Is the Samsung Galaxy s10 a good phone?
Samsung Galaxy s10 is a decent phone with superfast performance and an attractive display. The phone has amazing features and a good camera.
Subscribe to Email Updates :