If you are a resident of Ohio, you can get a free government phone in Ohio. Yes, you read it right. The government of Ohio is offering free phones to those who meet all the eligibility criteria.
This article has covered a detailed guide on how Ohio residents can get a free phone, its eligibility, required documents, and more.
So, let’s delve right into it to learn more!
Why Ohio Residents Should Get Free Cell Phone Service?
The Lifeline offers cell phones and services for free all over the United States, and Ohio is also included in that. There are many low-income families and individuals in Ohio who can’t afford smartphones and other devices.
Having a smartphone helps an individual stay connected with their loved ones in difficult situations too.
How to Get Free Government Phone Ohio?
To get a free phone and service in Ohio, you can apply for it on its official website after selecting a provider. Currently, many providers in Ohio offer Free service to eligible customers.
So, it would be best to research the provider and the plans they offer that you are selecting. Once you’re done with the process, apply for it on your provider’s website, and you will get your free phone within a few days.
Eligibility to Get Free Government Phone Ohio
The standard eligibility to get a Free Government Phone is by becoming a part of any government assistance program such as Supplemental Security Income, Section 8 Federal Public Housing, Medicaid, SNAP, and the like.
- You must be above 18 years old to avail of the benefits.
- You should be a legal resident of Ohio.
Free Government Phone Lifeline Providers in Ohio
Some Lifeline providers offer government phones for free in Ohio. Some of them also provide many affordable and discounted plans. These are:
Access Wireless is a Lifeline Assistance program that was created with the primary motive of offering the best telecommunications and wideband internet service to eligible and low-income families.
It offers its customers unlimited talk time, data, and unlimited data for free monthly.
You can also get a free smartphone and a golden chance to update your phone after approval. It offers a Lifeline and ACP Combo plan, and you can get free service, unlimited texts, talk time, hotspot data, and more.
To apply for the program, you can visit its official website at https://www.accesswireless.com.
The American Assistance Lifeline program offers free unlimited talk, text, and 14.5 GB of data. In addition, it offers a smartphone for free with an activation fee of $25.
It also provides an Affordable Connectivity Program plan encompassing unlimited talk time, text, and free 10 GB of 4G/LTE data.
enTouch Wireless offers a discount of $10 on all their active plans for eligible Lifeline customers. It provides free service to customers if they are unable to pay, but they must meet the eligibility requirements.
It offers unlimited talk time, texts, and data to its eligible customers.
Its plan includes 1000 free voice minutes, 500 texts, and 3GB of data a month. Through the FeelSafe Wireless’s Lifeline program, you can effortlessly get an Ohio government phone.
How to Apply for Free Government Phone Ohio?
Follow the steps given below to apply for Free Government Phone Ohio.
Apply Via Lifeline Program
- To apply through The Lifeline Assistance program, visit https://www.lifelinesupport.org/
- Click on the “Apply Now” icon.
- You will be redirected to the National verifier.
- Now, choose your State, Ohio, as “OH” and click “Get Started.”
- There, you have to fill out an application form.
- Submit the necessary documents.
- Submit and wait for approval.
- Once approved, visit “https://www.lifelinesupport.org/companies-near-me/” and select the provider in your state offering the free phone.
- Once you have selected a provider, contact them to enroll in their services.
Apply Via Provider
- Before applying for the free phone, ensure that you are eligible for the Lifeline Assistance program, which offers free government phones.
- Now, select a Lifeline provider in Ohio that provides Lifeline benefits and free smartphones to qualified customers.
- After selecting a provider, head over to your selected provider’s website and look for its Lifeline online application form.
- Fill in all the essential details, and don’t forget to submit a copy of documents that depict your eligibility for the program and submit your application.
- You’re done! Your application has been successfully submitted.
- Once your application gets accepted, your provider will notify you probably by email in no time. And you will also receive your free government phone and other benefits.
How to Qualify for Free Government Phone Ohio?
You can qualify for a free government phone in Ohio in two ways. These are:
You can qualify for it by participating in any of the following government assistance programs mentioned below:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), earlier known as food stamps.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Survivors’ Pension or Veterans’ Pension Benefits
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
Those who participate in Tribal-specific programs are also eligible. These programs are:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Head Start
You can also become eligible for the free government phone in Ohio by proving your low-income status. According to the government guidelines, your annual income must be at or below 135% of the federal poverty instructions.
What Basic Documents Are Required to Get a Free Phone in Ohio?
The basic documents that you need to get a free phone in Ohio are as follows:
Government Assistance Program Participation Proof
Free Government Phone Ohio Other Things You Need to Know
Are free phones really free?
Yes, free phones are really free. Lifeline services always offer free phones to qualified customers. If you become eligible for the program, you will get a free mobile device and plan.
What type of phone can I get for free (Flip phone, iPhone, or Smartphone?)?
The phone you will get will depend on the Lifeline provider, as every provider offers different Lifeline phones. There are some providers that provide Lifeline discounts on advanced feature models, but it primarily offers free smartphones and iPhones.
Can I switch Lifeline providers in Ohio?
Yes, you can shift Lifeline providers in Ohio if you have used their service for nearly 60 days. To switch Lifeline providers, you can directly contact another Lifeline provider and ask them to switch your Lifeline service.
Can I have two Lifeline phones?
No, according to government guidelines, you can have only 1 Lifeline phone, and only one member from each household can avail of this facility.
Can I change my government phone?
Yes, you can change your government phone, but changing it will cost you a little.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to get a Free Government Phone in Ohio?
If you meet the eligibility criteria set by the government, you can effortlessly get a free government phone in Ohio. To get a free phone, your yearly income should be at or less than 135% of the federal poverty guidelines, and you must take part in any government assistance programs.
Is Lifeline available in Ohio?
Yes, Lifeline is available in Ohio, and it offers monthly benefits services to eligible customers.
Why does the government give out free phones?
The government’s primary motive behind offering free phones is to assist low-budget households and individuals who can’t afford phone services.
Subscribe to Email Updates :