How to Get Free Government iPhone 5: It would not be wrong to say that you wouldn’t have ever imagined or wished to get an iPhone 5 as it has different and amazing features. But due to its high price, many can’t afford it. How cool it would be if you got a chance to get a Free Government iPhone 5.
In this article, we have shared some important tips to get an iPhone 5 which will eventually blow your mind. Additionally, required documents, eligibility criteria, and more.
So, let’s delve further to learn more about it.
About iPhone 5
The iPhone 5 was designed and merchandised by Apple Inc. It comes with a 4.00-inch touchscreen display that offers a resolution of 640×1136 pixels at a pixel density of 326 pixels an inch. iPhone 5 is powered by a 1.3 GHz dual-core Apple A6 processor and has 1GB of RAM (Random Access Memory) and runs on iOS 6.1.4.
Free Government iPhone- Just a Myth or Truth?
Getting a free government iPhone is not a myth anymore. Yes, you read it right that it is not fake at all. Seeing the necessity of smartphones and devices, the Government has initiated various programs that aim to provide smartphones for free to eligible customers.
Many providers such as ACP and Lifeline program offer the latest and advanced features of phone models, whereas some offer refurbished and Used phones which come with amazing features too. So, it’s totally easy to get an iPhone by completing its requirements criteria.
How to Get Free Government iPhone 5?
In earlier times, people used to communicate via mail, in person, or by public phones, but as time passed and technology advanced, smartphones became an integral part of daily life. But, sadly, many individuals and households can’t afford it. Seeing its importance, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) initiated a program called Lifeline, which is planned to ensure easy access to smartphones and telecommunication services for financially weak families and individuals.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the FCC launched another temporary assistance program called Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). It was also designed to assist individuals and low-budget families who were facing problems in affording internet facilities. Later, in 2021, the government changed and extended the program, which is currently known as the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
Lifeline and ACP have many providers that offer their services to eligible low-income individuals worldwide. Additionally, it offers free government Android phones, discounts on wireless services, and iPhones too. So, you can get a free government iPhone 5 from these providers by meeting some of its eligibility criteria.
In the next section, we have discussed how you can qualify for the same.
Free iPhone From the Government Qualifying Process
The two well-known providers named ACP and Lifeline offer free government iPhones, and to qualify for the same, the participant must:
- Be a resident of the state where the provider offers their service
- Be qualified for Lifeline and ACP.
- The annual income must be at or less than 200%
The participants must take part in any of the government assistance programs mentioned below:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- WIC, or Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
Documents Required for Free iPhone From the Government
The documents you need for a free iPhone from the Government must have your full name, date of birth, and your current residential address. The required documents are:
- Your passport
- Birth Certificate
- Government-issued ID
- S. driver’s license
- U.S. citizenship or naturalization certificate
The participants must prove their annual household income, and the documents must have your full name and income status. The documents you need are:
- Divorce decree
- Child support award
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
- Current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
The documents you need to prove your participation in government assistance programs are:
- Approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
How to Apply for the Free Government iPhone?
Follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the free Government iPhone.
- Ensure you are eligible for Lifeline or ACP before applying for the iPhone.
- Look for an ACP or Lifeline provider that offers service where you currently reside.
- After finding the provider that meets your needs, visit its website, fill out the application form, and provide all compulsory documents.
- Now, click on Apply. That’s it! You have successfully applied for the iPhone.
- You will be notified whether you have qualified for the program or not by your service provider in no time. Once you get approved, you will get your free iPhone.
Which Companies Offer Free iPhones from the Government?
As of now, there are only two companies that offer free iPhones from the Government. The companies are:
Cintex Wireless is a well-known leading provider of the Affordable Connectivity Program and Lifeline Assistance Program. It is funded by the Federal Universal Service, and qualified customers can apply and get 4G/5G LTE smartphones for free from an esteemed brand like Apple (iPhone 6s) or Samsung (Galaxy S7). Besides, it offers free talk time, text, and data a month to every qualified customer.
It currently offers its service and free iPhones in the U.S. states such as Alabama, Alaska, California, Texas, South Carolina, West Virginia, New Jersey, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, and the like.
Follow the steps given below to sign up:
- Head over to the website https://cintexwireless.com/ and fill in your ZIP code and email address.
- Click on ‘Apply’
- Now, complete the application form online by providing all the required information and documents. Do ensure your documents prove your eligibility.
- You will get your free government iPhone within a week after your application gets approved. There is no charge for shipping.
NewPhone Wireless is an Eligible Telecommunications Carrier that offers both Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Programs (ACP) benefits. Qualified customers can get 4G or 5G smartphones, such as an iPhone 6s or Samsung Galaxy S7. Additionally, eligible customers can get exciting free monthly service plans such as free talk time, text, and data too.
Currently, it offers free government iPhones, Lifeline, and ACP benefits to the residents of Alabama, Alaska, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, Vermont, New Hampshire, Colorado, Maryland, and the like.
Follow the steps given below to sign up:
- Visit the official website at https://apply.newphone.com/ and fill out your ZIP code and email address.
- Click on Apply Now
- Now fill out all the necessary information in your application form and attach documents showing your eligibility.
- Once your application gets verified, you will get your iPhone without any delivery charge within 5 to 7 days.
Free iPhone Government Phone Alternatives
There are other iPhone government phone alternatives through which you can get an iPhone for free if you don’t qualify for any of the free government iPhones and programs. The alternatives are:
- Non-Government Free iPhones
If you don’t live in the state where the provider provides government iPhones for free work or don’t qualify for the Lifeline or ACP program, you do not need to worry. Yes, you can still get free iPhones. Some wireless providers offer deals to new clients or those who take extra lines to get a free iPhone.
AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon are some eminent providers that offer special deals. You can check their official website to get more information about it.
- Refurbished and Used iPhones
You can opt for refurbished or used phones. This is the best option that you would get if you don’t mind using used ones. You will get a used iPhone at an affordable price, and the best way to check out refurbished iPhones is at Apple’s official store.
- Discounted iPhone
Discounted iPhones are the other option that you can choose if you are not getting a free iPhone deal or not qualifying for the Lifeline Assistance Program. Head over to the official website of available providers that offer discounted iPhones in your area to learn more.
Besides, you can directly call them to know if they are currently offering discounts on iPhones.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get an iPhone for free?
You must qualify for the program and prove your income eligibility requirements to get a free iPhone.
Which is the cheapest Apple device?
iPhone SE has been listed as the cheapest Apple device to date.
Subscribe to Email Updates :