This article covers detailed information on how to apply for free Government iPhone 12, eligibility criteria, how to apply, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
- 1 How to Get a Free Government iPhone 12
- 2 How to apply for the free Government iPhone 12?
How to Get a Free Government iPhone 12
Nowadays, everyone wants to have an iPhone as it is among the most popular phones. They are among the most advanced phones, and their features like durability, quality, and technologies are pretty advanced too. However, it is not possible for everyone to buy an iPhone because of its expensive pricing.
So, the government of the United States started an initiative to provide free government iPhone 12 to low-income families through Lifeline, ACP, and other programs.
The free phone is provided by the US government to US citizens who are struggling to fulfill their needs.
Let’s read further to know more about how to get a free government iPhone 12.
Is iPhone 12 Available for Free From the Government?
Yes, you can get a free brand-new iPhone 12 from the government if you belong to a low-income group. The offer is not currently available for all the participants. Mostly, the government provides old versions of free Government iPhones or Android phones. Therefore, it will be challenging to get an iPhone 12 from these government aid programs.
However, you can still check on local government programs for the availability of the iPhone 12 before applying. You will get a free phone only through lifeline and ACP programs.
Lifeline is an assistance program that provides free phone and internet services, calling for months, while the Affordable Connectivity Program is an assistance program that provides free broadband services and discounts on internet services.
How to Qualify for a Free Government iPhone 12?
There are some requirements that need to be fulfilled for Lifeline and ACP programs to get selected for the free Government iPhone 12.
If you fulfill the requirements, you can apply for the programs, and within a month, you should receive your iPhone and other complimentary benefits.
These are the following eligibility criteria to qualify for the program –
- You should have a clear credit history.
- A valid Social Security number.
- You should be a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
- You should be 18 years of age or older.
- You must have an active mobile phone number.
- You should be employed or have a verifiable source of income.
- There should be a Lifeline/ACP provider in your state.
- You should be a participant in a Government aid program.
Remember, the verification process is very important.
Free Government iPhone 12 – Eligibility Criteria
- Your household income should be below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- You must be a participant in at least one of the federal or state assistance programs, such as the Veterans Pension or Veterans Health Care program, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the Tribal Health Care program, the Section 8 Housing Assistance program, and more.
Note that you only need to fall into any of the above-mentioned categories. If your household income is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, you don’t need to be a participant in any government aid program and vice versa.
How to apply for the free Government iPhone 12?
There are three different ways you can apply for the iPhone 12.
How to apply for the free Government iPhone 12 online
Follow these steps to apply online for the Lifeline or ACP program to get iPhone 12 –
- Open a browser and visit the websites (for Lifeline) nv.fcc.gov/lifeline or (for ACP) nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&amp;amp;ebbp=true
- Then, click on the registration option and enter your state to check the availability of the program.
- Create an account by adding the required details like name, email id, number, address, and zip code.
- Login to your account and continue with the application, and click on the “Next” option.
- Provide soft copies of all the required documents.
- Now, click on “Submit” at the end of the application.
That’s it. This is how you can successfully apply for the ACP or Lifeline program to get a free iPhone 12.
Apply at the Lifeline/ACP Support Center Via Mail
These are the following steps to apply for the Lifeline or ACP program via mail –
- Download the application form from lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get- lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf (for Lifeline) and affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uplo ads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf (for ACP).
- If you are applying for the ACP program, you will be required to fill out a household worksheet and attach it to the application form. You will get the form at affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/ uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf.
- After filling out the forms, attach the hard copy of the required documents.
- Double-check all of the information you entered in the application form.
- Once verified, mail it to PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
Apply directly from your Telecom Service Provider
If you have picked any telecom service provider, you can apply directly to get a free government phone.
For this, all you need to do is follow these simple steps –
- Visit their official website.
- Fill out the application form.
- Attach all of the required documents.
- Review your application.
- Submit it.
If you are eligible for the program, you will receive notification from your selected service provider within 3-7 working days, and within 14 days, your free government iPhone 12 will be delivered.
Some of the best telecom service providers across the United States are –
- Cintex Wireless
- Copper Valley Wireless
- Assist Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- AirTalk Wireless
- Easy Wireless
There you have it – a detailed article covering how to apply for a free government iPhone 12.
We tried to cover everything, such as eligibility criteria, the application process, the best service providers, and more.
With that said, here I am wrapping up this article. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them in the comment section below. Our team will try to respond ASAP.
Subscribe to Email Updates :