The iPhone 12 Pro Max is the most recently launched iPhone model with the best technology and the latest features. Like every iPhone, it is also one of the most expensive models. Unfortunately, due to financial constraints, iPhone 12 Pro Max is out of reach for many low-income people.
However, low-income households may wonder how to get it for free through the government. The U.S. government provides free phones and discounted internet using devices like tablets, laptops, and internet services under many assistance programs administered by Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
such as Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). These services and devices are offered through the participating service providers. Besides these, many programs offer free government iPhones to low-income eligible people. These include housing assistance, medical assistance, food assistance, etc.
This article will enquire whether you can get a free government iPhone 12 Pro Max, and what are the eligibility criteria, qualifications, and application process for the same.
So without further ado, let’s begin.
- 1 Can I get a Free iPhone 12 Pro Max from the Government?
- 2 How To Qualify for a Free Government iPhone?
- 3 Eligibility Requirements to apply for a free government iPhone
- 4 Documents Required for Applying for a Free Government iPhone
- 5 How to Apply for a Free Government iPhone?
- 6 Free government iPhones that are available under the Lifeline/ACP programs
- 7 The best companies that provide Free Government iPhone
- 8 Conclusion
Can I get a Free iPhone 12 Pro Max from the Government?
The government helps low-income people through many programs. Amongst them, Lifeline and ACP programs assist these people in getting free phones and discounted internet services. Lifeline provides discounts on monthly phone, cell phone, and internet services, while the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) discounts monthly broadband services and connected devices.
Most participating providers under Lifeline and ACP offer mid-range Android smartphones. However, there are a few providers that offer free government iPhones. The iPhone 12 Pro Max is the recent Apple iPhone. Can you get it for free from the government? The answer is no.
Currently, no government assistance programs offer free government iPhone 12 Pro Max. However, you may get a free government iPhone 12 Pro Max in the near future when the model gets older. Apple keeps launching new models, so iPhone 12 Pro Max is sure to get outdated within 4-5 years or less. In that case, Lifeline and ACP providers might start offering the iPhone 12 Pro Max as a free government iPhone in the future.
How To Qualify for a Free Government iPhone?
You can qualify for a Free Government iPhone by participating in Lifeline and ACP programs. To participate in these programs, you must fulfill certain strict eligibility conditions to get a free government iPhone.
Eligibility Requirements to apply for a free government iPhone
You must fulfill these two prerequisites to apply to any government assistance program ( here, Lifeline and ACP).
- You must have completed your 18 years of age or be an emancipated minor.
- You must be a citizen of one of the states where your selected service provider provides services.
If you fulfill these two conditions, you may seek other eligibility for a free iPhone.
If you are applying through the Lifeline program, you must fulfill any one eligibility out of the listed below.
1. Income eligibility
Your annual family income should be at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
2. Program eligibility
You or any family members participate in any government assistance program listed below.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)/ Food Stamps
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only for households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Poor Families (Tribal TANF)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
If you apply through the ACP program to get a free government iPhone, you must fulfill any eligibility listed below.
1. Income eligibility
Your annual family income should be at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
2. Program eligibility
- You or any family member should be a participant in any of the government assistance programs listed above.
- Your family member participates in the
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Your household receives the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including in the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Your household received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
Documents Required for Applying for a Free Government iPhone
Once you become eligible to get a free iPhone by any eligibility listed above, you must be able to prove your eligibility by providing certain valid documents that verify you meet the program’s requirements. Depending on your eligibility for a free iPhone, you need to produce a supporting document.
1. If you qualify for a free iPhone on a low-income basis, you must provide a valid document showing your name, income, etc. You may submit a copy of any of the following:
- Current income statement from your employer
- Paycheck stubs
- Previous year’s state, federal or Tribal tax return
- Unemployment Compensation statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Child support award
- Divorce decree
2. If you qualify to apply for a free government iPhone through any government program participation, you will have to submit a copy of the document that shows your participation and contains your name, program name, date of issue of a certificate, name of the organization issuing a certificate, etc.
Acceptable documents are :
- Government Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
3. You may need some general documents while applying for a free government iPhone to verify your name, address, or age.
In that case, you must have a copy of the following documents.
- Birth Certificate
- A valid official government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- U.S. Driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Certificate of emancipation
How to Apply for a Free Government iPhone?
Applying for a free government iPhone involves the following steps:
- Find a service provider in your state of residence that offers a free government iPhone under the government assistance program.
- Make sure you fulfill eligibility conditions for the government assistance program through which you apply for a free government iPhone.
- You must prove eligibility for a free government iPhone by providing certain documentation.
- Finally, apply for a free government iPhone.
- Wait for your provider’s approval or rejection of your application for a free government iPhone.
You can check your eligibility for a free government iPhone and the needed documents from the above sections.
We will discuss here the 4th step, which is how to apply for a free government iPhone.
Three methods exist to apply for the free government iPhone.
- You may apply Online
- You can apply via mail
- You can apply directly through your selected service provider.
1. Applying for a free government iPhone online:
Please follow the steps below to apply through the Lifeline or ACP programs for a free government iPhone:
- Visit nv.fcc.gov/lifeline for a lifeline program and nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&amp;amp;ebbp=true for ACP program.
- Select your state and click on “get started.”
- Please create your account if you are a first-time applicant.
- You will be reflected in the online application form for the lifeline and ACP program to get a free government iPhone.
- Complete the application form by providing the necessary details and documentation.
- At the end of each page, click “Next.”
- After completion, finally submit your application.
2. Apply for a free government iPhone at the Lifeline or ACP Support Center via mail:
Alternatively, you can apply for a free government iPhone via mail. Look for the steps below to do so:
- Take a print of the Lifeline application available at lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf.
- You can print the ACP application at affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf.
- If applying through the ACP program, you should include a Household Worksheet available on the link below. affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf.
- Fill up these forms and attach copies of your eligibility documentation to prove your eligibility to apply for a free government iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Send your application to Lifeline/ACP Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
3. Applying through the Service Provider:
In addition, you can apply for a free government iPhone directly through your selected service provider.
You can see the steps below for the same:
- First, find a service provider that offers a free government iPhone under Lifeline/ACP programs in your state of residence.
- Visit the provider’s website to apply for their Lifeline/ACP benefits to get a free government iPhone.
- Fill up their application form and submit the proper documents to support your eligibility.
- Finally, wait for your provider’s response. You will receive a free government iPhone at your registered address if selected. You may reapply for a free government iPhone if your application is rejected.
- You can also apply through your selected provider offline by visiting their office and filling out the application form directly with their aid.
Free government iPhones that are available under the Lifeline/ACP programs
Though currently, the government does not offer a free iPhone 12 Pro Max under any government-aided programs, it offers a variety of iPhones for low-income groups through some service providers under Lifeline and ACP programs. Although the providers do not reveal the iPhone models they offer in advance, you may expect to get any free government iPhone from the listed models:
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus
- Apple iPhone SE
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus
- Apple iPhone 8
The best companies that provide Free Government iPhone
Many companies offer a free government iPhone under the Lifeline and ACP programs. We have mentioned a few best providers that participate in government programs to help eligible low-income people access the internet and free government iPhones:
- StandUp Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- AirTalk Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- Assist Wireless
- Q Link Wireless
- True Wireless
- Safelink Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Copper Valley Wireless
- feel safe Wireless
- Infiniti Mobile
- Life Wireless
- SafetyNet Wireless
- Sprocket Wireless
- Tag Mobile
- Tempo Communications
- Terracom Wireless
Apple iPhones are the most popular smartphones due to their durability, reliability, powerful technology, and some of the most advanced features that are not seen in other smartphones.
However, only a few people can afford to have such expensive iPhones. But the government helps financially distressed people to get a few an iPhone for free under lifetime and ACP assistance programs.
Though at present, a free government iPhone 12 Pro max is not available under any government support programs, you may expect to get a free government iPhone 12 Pro Max in the future soon.
Hopefully, our ultimate guide on how to get a free government iPhone will help you to learn the entire process.
Subscribe to Email Updates :