A few days back, I heard that you could get a free government iPhone XR, so I thought of giving it a try, and to my surprise, I got a brand new iPhone XR and free internet services.
The U.S. Government launched a few initiatives in the name of Lifeline and ACP to help low-income households who cannot afford to buy smartphones or pay monthly telephone bills.
These federal programs provide free phones and internet services to low-income eligible households through the participating service providers.
The Lifeline assistance program was started in 1985 to ensure all American citizens the opportunities and security the phone service offers in the form of job connectivity, emergency services, etc.
The program supports economically depressed sections of society and provides them the services they cannot pay for. Since its inception, the program has helped millions of low-income families boost their lives by providing free phones and internet services.
This article will discuss how to get a free Government iPhone XR. You will also learn about the eligibility requirements, application procedure, etc.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
Top 4 Programs That Offer Free Government iPhone XR
Below, we have discussed the Top 4 programs that can get Free iPhone Government Phone including XR.
Lifeline Assistance Program
Lifeline Assistance is an old federal government initiative that helps low-income people bridge the digital gap.
It offers low-income people a discount of up to $9.25 and $34.95 for qualified tribal lands on monthly broadband services. Many service providers participate in the Lifeline program and can offer you a free iPhone XR from the government.
Affordable Connectivity Program ACP
Under the ACP program, low-income people can get a monthly internet discount of $35, and it’s higher for tribal lands, $75.
In addition, it also offers a $100 ACP discount to purchase tablets, which can also be used to get tablets and computers.
Some ACP participating service providers will also let you apply this ACP discount on the iPhone XR.
Connect America Fund
Connect America Fund is a government-funded program that provides funds directly to telephone companies to make technology more affordable in rural areas.
In a few cases, you may also have a chance to get a free government iPhone XR.
National Lifeline Association
National Lifeline Association is a nonprofit organization that helps low-income people pay their cell phone bills and provides device assistance to low-income families.
How to get Free Government iPhone XR 2023
Not everyone can get a free government iPhone XR; this offer is only available who meet the eligibility criteria for the Lifeline or ACP program.
Here are the steps to acquire an iPhone XR
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Collect all the necessary documents.
- Find the Lifeline/ ACP Service Providers.
- Complete the application process
Eligibility for getting a Free Government iPhone XR
The prerequisite to applying for a free government iPhone XR is that you must be at least 18 years of age or above and be a permanent resident of the state you are applying from.
The government assistance programs under which you will get free government iPhones are Lifeline and ACP. They both have similar eligibility criteria.
Let’s take a look at them –
Eligibility Criteria for Lifeline
There are two ways you can be eligible for the Lifeline program –
Your or your household’s annual income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
You or any member of your family must participate in any federal assistance programs run by the government for the well-being of the needy or any Tribal Programs as stated on their official website if you belong to tribal land.
These programs include –
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance Program
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
Eligibility Criteria for the ACP Program
As stated earlier, the eligibility for both Lifeline and ACP programs are similar.
- Your annual household income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- You must be a part of any of the programs listed above.
Once you know your eligibility, check the necessary documents to apply for a free government iPhone.
Documents needed to apply for Free Government iPhone XR
To prove your eligibility, you need to have the following documents –
If you are applying on a low-income basis, you will need a document showing your annual income status.
You may provide any of the following –
- Current income statement or a paycheck stub
- Last year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits Federal
- Tribal letter of participation in General Assistance, divorce decree, or child support award
Program Participation Documents
If you qualify on a program basis, you will need a document that proves your participation in the program. You may have any of the following.
- Government approval letter
- Benefits verification letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefits award letter
Please note that while applying for a free government iPhone XR, you must provide a copy of the above document, not the original one.
- Proof of identity or age – Valid government, state, military, or Tribal ID, birth certificate, passport.
- Proof of address – ID, mortgage, utility bill, W-2 or tax return, driver’s license
- Proof of emancipation
Application procedure to get a free government iPhone XR
Please follow the steps below to apply for a free government iPhone XR through Lifeline or the ACP assistance program –
- You must ensure your eligibility to apply for a Lifeline/ACP. You can refer to the detailed eligibility criteria for the Lifeline and ACP programs above.
- The next step is to find a service provider that offers free government iPhones in your state’s Lifeline/ACP program.
- Once you find your provider, contact your selected service provider and enquire about their application for the free iPhone XR.
- The provider will review your eligibility. If you qualify, the company will provide you with the application form either by mail or offline, depending on your suitability.
- You can apply directly to the provider or online mode.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive the confirmation notice via mail.
Benefits of Getting Free Government iPhone XR
Once you qualify for an iPhone XR from the government, you will recieve several benefits such as.
- You can stay connected with your loved ones
- You can look for more job opportunities
- If you are a student, you can access more educational information
- You can record and take pictures of your loved ones and memories
Apart from all these, you can enjoy the following features of the iPhone XR
|Display||6.1-inch Liquid Retina HD display with IPS technology, 1792-by-828-pixel resolution at 326 ppi|
|Processor||A12 Bionic chip|
|Storage||64GB, 128GB, or 256GB|
|Rear cameras||12MP Wide camera|
|Front Camera||7MP TrueDepth camera|
|Operating system||iOS 15|
|Colors||Black, White, Blue, Coral, Yellow, Product Red|
Providers that offer Free Government iPhone XR
Below, we have mentioned some service providers that have offered the iPhone XR under the Lifeline/ ACP program
- How to get Cintex Wireless free iPhone
- How to get AirTalk Wireless free iPhone
- How to get NewPhone Wireless free iPhone
- How to get SFone Wireless free iPhone
The government provides free phones and internet services to eligible low-income, financially disabled sections of America under Lifeline and ACP programs through participating service providers.
Some providers provide free government iPhone XR. If you want one, check your eligibility, visit the company’s website, and apply for the latest iPhone models.
Subscribe to Email Updates :