Free Government iPhone XR – The U.S. Government launched a few initiatives in the name of Lifeline, EBB, and FCC to help low-income households who cannot afford to buy smartphones or pay monthly telephone bills.
These federal programs provide free phones and internet services to low-income eligible households through the participating service providers. The Lifeline assistance program was started in 1985 to ensure all American citizens the opportunities and security that the phone service offers in the form of job connectivity, emergency services, etc.
The program supports economically depressed sections of society and provides them the services they cannot pay for. Since its inception, the program has helped millions of low-income families boost their lives by providing free phones and internet services.
This article will discuss how to get a free Government iPhone XR. You will also learn about the eligibility requirement, application procedure, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
How to get Free Government iPhone XR
You can get an iPhone XR by qualifying the eligibility requirement for Lifeline and the EBB program.
Eligibility for getting a Free Government iPhone XR
The prerequisite to applying for a free government iPhone is that you must be at least eighteen years of age or above.
The government assistance program under which you will get free government phones, Lifeline and EBB, have similar eligibility criteria.
Let’s take a look at them –
Eligibility Criteria for Lifeline Free Government iPhone
There are two ways you can be eligible for the Lifeline program –
Your or your household’s annual income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
You or any member of your family must participate in any federal assistance programs run by the government for the well-being of the needy or any Tribal Programs as stated on their official website if you belong to tribal land.
These programs include –
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance Program
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
Eligibility Criteria for Emergency Broadband Benefit Free Government iPhone XR
As stated earlier, the eligibility for both Lifeline and EBB programs are similar.
- Your annual household income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- You must be a part of any of the programs listed above.
Once you are sure of your eligibility, check the necessary documents to apply for a free government iPhone.
Documents needed to apply for Free Government iPhone XR
To prove your eligibility, you need to have the following documents –
If you are applying on a low-income basis, you will need a document showing your annual income status.
You may provide any of the following –
- Current income statement or a paycheck stub
- Last year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits Federal
- Tribal letter of participation in General Assistance, divorce decree, or child support award
If you qualify on a program basis, you will need a document that proves your participation in the program. You may have any of the following.
- Government approval letter
- Benefits verification letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefits award letter
Please note that while applying for a free government iPhone XR, you must provide a copy of the above document, not the original one.
General document you may require
- Proof of identity or age – Valid government, state, military, or Tribal ID, birth certificate, passport.
- Proof of address – ID, mortgage, utility bill, W-2 or tax return, driver’s license
- Proof of emancipation
Application procedure to get a free government iPhone XR
Please follow the steps below to apply for a free government iPhone XR through Lifeline or the EBB assistance program –
- You must ensure your eligibility to apply for a free government iPhone. You can refer to the detailed eligibility criteria for both Lifeline and EBB listed above.
- The next step is to find a service provider that offers free government iPhones in your state’s Lifeline/EBB program.
- Once you find your provider, contact your selected service provider and enquire about their application for the free government iPhone XR.
- The provider will review your eligibility. If you qualify, the company will provide you with the application form either by mail or offline, depending on your suitability.
- You can submit the application directly to the provider or online mode.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive the confirmation notice via mail.
Companies that provide Free Government iPhones
- Cintex Wireless
- AirTalk Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- SFone Wireless
The government provides free phones and internet services to eligible low-income, financially disabled sections of America under Lifeline and EBB programs through participating service providers.
Some providers provide free government iPhone XR. If you wish to get one, check your eligibility, visit the company’s website, and apply to get your hands on the latest iPhone models.
Subscribe to Email Updates :