This article covers detailed information about the free Government phone scheme in Illinois, the eligibility criteria, required documents, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
- 1 Free Government Phone Illinois
- 2 Eligibility Criteria for Free Government Phone Illinois
- 3 Application Procedure for Free Government Phone Illinois
- 4 Companies that offer Free Government Phones in Illinois
Free Government Phone Illinois
Lifeline Assistance can easily be used to apply for any eligible network service provider that participates in the free Government phone program, such as American Assistance.
This program allows individuals to prove their eligibility and receive a free Government phone in Illinois, along with some additional perks such as free data, text, and talk time.
Eligibility Criteria for Free Government Phone Illinois
A person is eligible for the free Government phone Illinois program if they are a participant in any of these Government-aid programs –
- Supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Veterans Pension and Survivor’s Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Tribal Head Start
Alternatively, you can be eligible for the program if your household income is 135% below the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
If you want to claim income-based eligibility, you must certify the total household income and that of your household members under penalty of perjury (to ensure that there is no false evidence).
You are required to present valid documentation of income, which can be either of the listed below –
- An Unemployment/Workmen’s Compensation statement of benefits
- A paycheck stub or your current income statement from the current employer
- Previous year’s state, tribal, or federal tax return
- A Statement of benefits of Social Security
- Tribal or federal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- A divorce decree, child support, or other official documents
- Retirement/pension statement of benefits
If you are claiming state or federal program-based eligibility or housing assistance, in this case, you will need to provide documents of your participation in one of the programs listed above. This depends on the state and the phone company you are applying for.
Application Procedure for Free Government Phone Illinois
- If you are eligible, the first step includes finding out which companies provide free cell phones in Illinois. Below, we have provided the best network service provider in Illinois.
- Next, check whether you are eligible for free Government phones in Illinois as per the eligibility criteria we shared above.
- After checking your eligibility, visit the company’s website and click the “Apply” button. This will redirect you to the Application form’s page.
- The application form will require personal information such as your name, your date of birth, your address, why you qualify, and the last number of your social security number. Fill in the details sincerely and adequately.
- Submit your application and wait for the company to verify your documents. You will receive a notification when it’s done.
Once approved, you will receive your free Government phone in about ten business days.
Companies that offer Free Government Phones in Illinois
Life Wireless is one of the best companies that offer free cell phones in Illinois to eligible customers. Through its Lifeline plan, eligible customers are offered a free Government smartphone, free monthly minutes, free monthly data, and free unlimited texts.
The plan also allows you to enjoy nationwide free calling, call waiting, caller ID service, free 911 service, and three-way calling, among other features.
Assurance Wireless’s Lifeline plan provides low-income families with a free smartphone, free monthly data, text and call minutes, and 10 GB monthly hotspot data.
From the company, you can get phones like ZTE Quest, Unimax U6383CL, and Wiko Life 2, among others.
If you come from a low-income family or participate in any government assistance program, you can be lucky to get free phones like Samsung S425G, LG221c, and Samsung T330G from Safelink Wireless.
With Safelink Lifeline plans, you can enjoy unlimited calls, text, 25GB high-speed data, and up to 5G hotspot data.
American Assistance is another reliable company that offers free Lifeline phones to eligible Illinois consumers. The company offers free smartphones, unlimited nationwide voice minutes, 4.5 GB of data, and unlimited text messages every month.
Once approved for the American Assistance Lifeline, you can be lucky to get free phones from companies like LG, Nokia, iPhone, Motorola, and Samsung.
Subscribe to Email Updates :