In this TruConnect free phone guide, we have covered how to get TruConnect free phones, eligibility criteria, required documents, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
- 1 How to get TruConnect Free Phones
- 2 Why should you choose TruConnect Free Phones?
- 3 What are the benefits of TruConnect Free Phones?
- 4 What are the eligibility criteria to get the TruConnect Free Phone
- 5 Eligibility Criteria for LifeLine Program
- 6 The states come under the Plans
- 7 What are the essential documents you need to submit?
- 8 What is the process of applying for TruConnect Free Phones
- 9 Which phones does TruConnect offer for free?
- 10 Which other phones are compatible with TruConnect?
- 11 FAQs
How to get TruConnect Free Phones
Even though smartphones have become much cheaper than any time before, it is still a dream for many to own a good smartphone, but not anymore. US Government has done a great job by launching the programs like Affordable Connectivity and Lifeline.
Under these programs, the US Government plans to offer free smartphones and internet services to low-earning households. It is an amazing initiative that allows these low-income households to connect to the world.
TruConnect is a company that participates in these programs and offers free phones. However, there are specific criteria to grab the TruConnect free phones that we covered in this article. But first, let’s start with what are TruConnect free phones –
What are TruConnect Free Phones?
You must be aware of the Affordable Communication Program or the LifeLine programs. These programs allow low-income households to get broadband and mobiles from the government free of cost. For these programs, the US government has collaborated with different service providers, and TruConnect is one of them.
TruConnect is a California-based service-providing company, and this is one of the famous Mobile Virtual Network Operators. Being a partner of ACP and Lifeline programs, TruConnect offers families who come under the ACP, Lifeline program, or the ACP + Lifeline program a free TruConnect phone.
Why should you choose TruConnect Free Phones?
We have already discussed the TruConnect free phones and why the government offers free TruConnect phones. Now let us tell you why you should opt for the TruConnect free phones, especially when you have plenty of providers to choose from.
If you opt for the ACP or Lifeline programs, you can choose any service provider that has collaborated with the government, but only TruConnect offers a wide range of mobile phones.
Also, TruConnect is one of the prime mobile Virtual operators, so if you choose TruConnect free phones, you can enjoy excellent service from them.
The best part of choosing the provider is paying a lower bill for the internet and mobiles to stay connected with friends and family.
What are the benefits of TruConnect Free Phones?
Opting TruConnect’s free phone, you can take advantage of the programs that the government has set for you. With TruConnect, you get access to a wide range of offers that are –
Through LifeLine Plans
- New Android smart Phones
- Unlimited Texts and calls
- Up to 14 GB monthly data
- Free International Calling
- Additional features, including caller ID, 3-way calling, call waiting, etc.
Through the Affordable Connectivity Program ( ACP)
- $30 allowance for internet
- $75 for tribal households
- 8 GB data after approval for ACP
- A discount on an Android tablet with LTE connectivity (for ACP subscribers only)
What are the eligibility criteria to get the TruConnect Free Phone
To get the TruConnect free phone, households must qualify for any of these programs. The eligibility criteria to qualify for these programs are –
Eligibility Criteria for LifeLine Program
As the Lifeline programs come under the FCC program, the household’s earnings should be 135% per the FCC guidelines.
However, if you don’t qualify based on household income, you can be a part of any of these below-mentioned programs to get qualified for Lifeline –
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution Programs on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for the Needy Families
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Medicaid or Medical Assistance
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- Veterans Survivor Pension fund
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Eligibility Criteria to qualify ACP
Affordable Connectivity Program is another broadband facility program from the US government, and if a family comes under the lifeline program, they are eligible to get the TruConnect free phone.
However, those not eligible for the Lifeline program must qualify by other criteria that we have shared below –
- According to FCC Poverty guidelines, the households’ annual income should not be more than 200%.
- You need to show the Federal Pell Grant documents. Alternatively, you can show the free award for the undergraduate student.
- If you or any family members take advantage of the Special Supplement Nutrition Program for women, infants, and children (WIC), you are eligible for ACP.
- The family participating in the Free or Reduced Price School Lunch or breakfast can get the TruConnect free phones.
- People who are 18 years old or emancipated minors are eligible for ACP.
The states come under the Plans
- New Jersey
- New York
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- US Virgin Islands
- West Virginia
Though the ACP and Lifeline plans belong to several states of America, the TruConncet offers services to these 37 states only.
What are the essential documents you need to submit?
You need to submit certain documents for verification when applying for any program. You can check all the documents you must submit while applying for the TruConnect free phone.
The copies you need to submit as your documents are –
- Birth certificate
- Government-issued ID
- Driving license
- Utility bills
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Worker’s or unemployment compensation statement of benefits
- The Federal, state, or tribal return of the previous year
- Current income statement
- Pensions statement of benefits
- Social Security statement of benefits
However, it would help if you also remembered that the government had limited the income for a person and the family, so you need to check them.
- $18,347 for one person
- $24,719 for two people
- $31,091 for three people
- $37,463 for four people
- Medicaid approval letter
- Federal Pell grant school documentation
- SSI award letter
- Tribal head start benefit verification letter
- Federal Public Housing Assistance statement of benefits
What is the process of applying for TruConnect Free Phones
To apply for a TruConnect free phone, you first need to qualify for ACP or Lifeline program.
To apply for ACP or Lifeline programs, you can visit their official website –
All you need to do is click on those links accordingly, and you will be on the website.
From there, you can apply for any of the programs, and if you get their approval, you can apply for the TruConnect free phone by following the steps that we have shared below –
- Visit the TruConnect website.
- Put your mail id and Zip code.
- Read the instructions and submit the documents.
- Get notified after confirmation.
Which phones does TruConnect offer for free?
You must know that whenever you apply for any of these plans, the service providers do not reveal the phone name they are offering you. Providers can show you what OS they are providing, but what you will get will be known when you get it.
TruConnect follows the same procedure, but you can check what mobile phones you can get –
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Samsung Galaxy S10 GSM
- Google Pixel 4XL
- Samsung Galaxy A51
- Google Pixel 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A71 5G
- Google Pixel 4a 5G
- Motorola RAZR 5G
- One plus 8 5G GSM
- Apple iPhone 12 mini
- Samsung galaxy note 10 GSM
- One plus 8 pro 5G GSM
- Apple iPhone SE
- Apple iPhone XR
Which other phones are compatible with TruConnect?
However, if you do not want to get the TruConnect free phones, you can use your old phones. TruConnect compatible phones are –
Phones you can get from the Motorola series –
- Motorola G Play
- Motorola E
- Motorola G power
- Motorola G7 Plus
- Motorola G fast
- Nokia 1.3
- Nokia 2.4
- Nokia 8.5
- Nokia 3.4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S10+
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- iPhone 12 Pro
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Apple iPhone 11
- Apple iPhone 12
Make sure you follow these rules –
- The phone must be unlocked.
- The phone must be compatible with TruConnect, so you must check the IMEI number.
- Lost or stolen phones will not be accepted.
- You need to cut the services from the previous service provider.
Also Read – TruConnect Compatible Phones at Walmart
Is TruConnect Free Phone actual?
Yes, TruConnect free phones are genuine, and the US government is providing Android and iOS phones for free for US households who can not afford the internet or broadband. To get the TruConnect Free telephones, you must participate in the Lifeline program or ACP.
What are the offers I can get with TruConnect Free Phones?
If you choose TruConnect free phones, you can get a brand new phone, along with free international and national calling, unlimited texts, and up to 14 GB of mobile data.
Can I get free Flip Phones?
Yes, you can get free flip phones, as some people who are not flexible with android phones can apply for free flip phones. Though you can not know which phone you are receiving till you receive it.
Can I replace my Truconnect Free phones?
No, you can not replace the TruConnect free phones as these are the free phones from the service providers. So these free mobile phones can not be replaced if stolen or lost.
Subscribe to Email Updates :