If you are here reading this article on “How to activate GO MD USA phone number and a tablet,” you are probably like me: recently enrolled in and accepted into GO MD USA ACP programs.
GO MD USA is a wireless provider in the United States that participates in the federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to provide free or discounted services. The provider offers free phones and tablets through the ACP.
If you have received a GOMD USA phone or tablet, you must activate it to use the services. This article has everything you need to know about activating GO MD USA phones or tablets.
So, without further delay, let’s begin.
Can I Activate GO MD USA Phone Number and Tablet?
Yes. You can activate the GO MD USA free tablet and phone number once you receive it.
To activate your phone number, contact GOMD USA customer support and provide them with your phone number and device model. Alternatively, you can activate your tablet by creating an account on the GO MD USA website.
GO MD USA Activate: Phone Number Or SIM Card
When you qualify for the GO MD USA ACP program, you receive a table or free cell phone with no deposit and no activation fee. You must activate the SIM card to place a call, send a message, or use the Internet over your provider’s network.
Here are the steps to activate a GO MD USA SIM card.
- Unbox your phone or tablet.
- Charge the device to its full capacity.
- Find the SIM card that came with the device and insert it into the device.
- Power on your device.
- You will be prompted to select a language and region.
- Then, connect your phone to an available Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the “Set up manually” option.
- Click on the ‘SIM card’ option and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Now, you might be asked to enter your SIM card number, carrier name, PIN, etc.
- You must create a passcode for your GO MD USA phone or tablet if you are prompted to do so.
- Click on the “Next” icon.
- Wait for the completion of the activation process.
- Within a few minutes, your SIM card should be activated.
- Once the activation is finished, you must check for any available updates and install it.
You can also activate the GO MD USA SIM card by calling the customer care service at (833) 706-3872 and requesting them to activate your SIM.
Alternatively, you can visit the nearest GO MD USA in-store and activate the SIM card in person. To activate your GO MD USA SIM successfully, you must have important details, such as the activation code, SIM card number, etc.
GO MD USA Activate: Phone or Tablet using Google Account
You can activate your GO MD USA phone or tablet using your Google account.
Here are the steps to do so.
- First, charge your phone or tablet to its full capacity.
- Power on your device.
- Choose your language and region once the prompts appear on the screen.
- Connect your phone or tablet to a Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the required details and then wait for an instruction to sign into your Google account.
- Enter your email, address, and password once the prompt appears.
- Now, you must create your Google account if you do not have one.
- Sign in to your account.
- Accept the terms and conditions set by Google and proceed to the next step.
- Please note that if you had another device and had earlier backed up your data to your Google account, you can restore that data on a GO MD USA tablet or phone.
- You can now set up various Google services such as automatic backups, location services, etc.
- You may create a password or PIN to lock your device’s screen to ensure your phone’s security.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Once the process is completed, you will be redirected to your device’s home screen, where you will see the applications.
- Your phone or tablet is activated now and is ready for use.
Facing Issues GO MD USA Activation: Best Do’s to Fix
Sometimes, you may face issues in the GO MD USA activation process for many reasons.
In that case, you can look for tips and fixes below to resolve the activation issue.
- You must ensure your device (tablet or phone) is fully charged before you begin the activation process. You may keep the device plugged in until the activation is completed.
- You can check whether you have inserted the SIM card into the device appropriately.
- You must submit your correct activation code for a successful activation when prompted.
- You must check you are in an area that has good GO MD USA network availability.
- Enter your email and password during GO MD USA tablet or phone activation.
Suppose you continue to face the GO MD USA activation issue. In that case, you can consider calling the provider’s customer service team at (833) 706-3872 to seek help activating your tablet or phone.
You can also reach GO MD USA customer support through email at [email protected] and get a solution for your issue.
Benefits After Activating GO MD USA Phone or Tablet
Here are the benefits you will recieve once you activate the GO MD USA phone or tablet.
- You can call or message your family or friends and stay connected with your loved ones.
- You can save money while taking advantage of the free monthly high-speed data offered by your carrier.
- The activated phone or tablet can help you in online education.
- You can access online content through the Internet.
- The Internet on your phone or tablet can allow unlimited entertainment, such as playing games, watching movies, etc.
- You will be able to use your mobile data services for various purposes.
- You can search for better job opportunities online.
- With an activated device and Internet in place, you can access emergency health facilities.
- You can work remotely or from the comfort of your home with an activated tablet.
GO MD USA APN Settings
Due to the wrong APN settings, your device may fail to access the free government Internet and send or receive MMS over the GO MD USA network.
An accurate APN Settings is necessary to have an internet connection. Although most devices come with default APN Settings, sometimes you need to enter it to establish the lost network connection manually.
Here you have GO MD USA APN Settings
- Name: US Mobile
- APN: pwg
- Proxy: (leave blank)
- Port: (leave blank)
- Username: (leave blank)
- Password: (leave blank)
- Server: (leave blank)
- MMSC: http://pwg.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
- MMS Proxy: (leave blank)
- MMS Port: (leave blank)
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 260
- Authentication Type: PAP
- APN Type: (leave blank)
- APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
- Bearer: Unspecified
- MVNO Type: MVNO
- MVNO Value: 310260
Please follow the instructions below to configure your GO MD USA device with these APN settings.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Open “Mobile networks.”
- Select “Access point names.”
- Click on the “+ (plus) icon to create a new APN.
- Enter the APN Settings listed above.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select the “Save” option.
- Select the new APN from the list of APNs.
You can contact the provider’s customer support team for help with your GO MD USA APN Settings.
What Is The GO MD USA ACP Program?
GO MD USA participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides financial assistance to eligible low-income households to help them pay for broadband internet service.
ACP is a federal assistance program that offers $30 monthly internet discounts to low-income people. This discount is $75 to qualified low-income people on Tribal lands.
It also offers eligible people a one-time $100 ACP discount to purchase internet-using devices such as tablets, laptops or desktop computers, with a contribution of $10-$50 towards the purchase of the device.
With the GO MD USA ACP program, you can get a free phone or discounted tablet and free services.
To be eligible for the GO MD USA ACP Program, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Your annual household income must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty level.
- You or any family member must participate in any eligible government assistance program listed below.
- Lifeline assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Food Stamps
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Head Start (only homes meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
If eligible, you can apply for the GO MD USA ACP program through the provider’s official site at “https://gomdusa.net/.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I activate my GO MD USA phone?
You can activate your GO MD USA phone by calling the provider’s customer care at 18337063872 or visiting a nearby store.
Does GO MD USA offer Lifeline benefits?
Yes.GOMDUSA provides Lifeline program benefits and offers a monthly discount of up to $9.25 to non-tribal people and a $34.25 monthly discount to tribal land dwellers.
How can I contact GO MD USA customer support?
To resolve your issue, contact GO MD USA’s customer service team at (833) 706-3872 or [email protected].
What network does GO MD USA use?
GO MD USA uses AT&T and T-Mobile’s network.
Signup For Our Newsletter