Are you looking for a way to get Qlink Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet for free in 2023? If yes, then you have stumbled upon the perfect page.
The Scepter 8 tablet is manufactured by Qlink Wireless, one of the leading telecommunication companies that offers free wireless services to low-income people in the United States.
If you need one, that will explain how you can get a Scepter 8 tablet, including its eligibility, documents, specifications, User manual, and the application process.
So, without further delay, let’s begin.
Qlink Scepter 8 Tablet Specs, Price, and Review
Scepter 8 Tablet is a basic device that is specially designed for low-income people to help them access the internet. It supports only Wi-Fi connectivity and lacks cellular connectivity features like calling, texting, etc. However, it has many amazing features that make it valuable for the people.
Here is the Scepter 8 Tablet Specification.
|Display||8-inch touchscreen display|
|Software||Android 8.1 Oreo OS|
|Battery||3500 mAh Li-ion battery|
|Operating system||Android 11|
|SoC||Quad Core processor|
|Storage||16 GB internal storage, Expandable up to 64 GB, micro SD card slot|
|SIM Card Slot||No|
|Main Camera||5-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash|
|Front Camera||0.3-megapixel front-facing camera|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi tether, Bluetooth|
|Other Features||aGPS, FM Radio, 3.5 mm audio jack, USB v2.0|
Regarding the price of the Scepter 8 tablet, Qlink offers it as a discounted tablet under the government support program. This Tablet is not sold in the retail market and is only offered by wireless providers participating in Lifeline or ACP. So, you will get this Tablet at $10 with a government discount of $100 via the ACP program.
As per the customers using the Tablet, the Qlink scepter 8 Tablet is a wonderful device. The Tablet has satisfied many customers with its easy user interface and amazing features.
How To Get A Qlink Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet for Free
You can get a Qlink Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet for free by qualifying for the ACP program. The Federal Communication Commission (FCC) launched the federal assistance program called the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to help low-income people afford Internet services.
ACP gives a $30 monthly discount to eligible low-income non-Tribal land people and a $75 monthly discount to qualified Tribal families. ACP also gives a $100 one-time discount to eligible families to assist them in purchasing a Tablet, desktop computer, or Laptop with a contribution of $10-$50 toward the purchase price.
As these benefits are provided with the association of participating wireless providers, the benefits of the ACP vary for different providers. Some may only offer the service discount, or some may provide a free phone or discounted Tablet.
QLink Wireless gives all qualified households a $100 ACP discount to buy Tablets. With this discount, you can buy the Scepter 8 Tablet by paying at least $10 and a maximum of $50. This discount is called a free Tablet, as the cost you pay for a Tablet is negligible.
Get Qlink Scepter 8 for Free via ACP
As mentioned, you can get a Qlink Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet for free via the ACP program. Please note that the Tablet is not entirely free. You only receive a $100 discount to buy the Tablet, and you have to pay $10-$50 towards the purchase.
That means the Scepter 8 Tablet will at least cost you $10. Also, the Tablet should be available at the time of your qualification for the ACP. If it is not, you will get another Tablet from Qlink.
Like a free tablet, the company also offers Qlink free government smartphones to those eligible for the Lifeline program.
Eligibility For ACP Qlink Wireless Scepter 8
Your eligibility for the ACP determines whether you can get a Scepter 8 Tablet.
To be eligible to apply for the ACP, you must:
- Be at least 18 or above.
- Be a resident of the state where Qlink Wireless offers ACP benefits.
You will also have to meet one of the ACP-specific eligibility criteria. These are income and program eligibility.
|The income threshold for the ACP is 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. That means you must have an annual household income below or at this limit to qualify for ACP through income eligibility.|
|If not by income, you can qualify for the ACP for the Qlink wireless scepter 8 tablet if you are a member of the family benefiting from one of the eligible government support programs listed below.
Tribal Land Eligibility
|If you stay on Tribal land, you can check your participation in the following program.
Documents To Apply For ACP Free Tablet
Once you confirm your eligibility, you are also required to prove your qualification by submitting valid documents during the application. The documents you need depend upon your eligibility through which you apply for the Qlink Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet.
Here is the list of documents you can submit on the basis of your eligibility.
If you apply on your income basis, you will have to show that your income is at the limit required by the ACP. You can look for the below documents to prove your income.
- Current income statement from your employer
- Divorce decree
- Child support award
- Pension statement of benefits
- Federal/tribal or state tax return copy
- Social security statement of benefits
- Veteran administration document
- Worker’s compensation statement of benefit
Program participation document
Suppose you applied for ACP Qlink Scepter 8 Tablet as a beneficiary of any other eligible government program. In that case, you can prove your program participation with the help of these documents.
- Benefits award letter
- Program verification letter
- Program statement of benefits
- Program approval letter
Besides eligibility documents, you may be required to submit documents verifying your identity, age, and address. Therefore, you must have these documents.
- A birth certificate
- A federal, state, Tribal, or military ID
- U.S. passport
- U.S. Driver license
- Utility bill
- Certificate of citizenship
- Certificate of naturalization
- Certificate of emancipation
How To Apply For Scepter 8 Tablet?
You can apply for the ACP program to get scepter 8 Tablets if eligible.
The application is available through the ACP’s official website at http://Acpbenefit.org.
Here, you can look at the steps to apply.
- Open the above site in your browser.
- Click on the “Apply now” menu.
- Fill up the application with your correct information.
- Upload your eligibility documents.
- Carefully review your application form once.
- Finally, submit it.
- Wait for the response.
- Once you receive approval, the next step is to reach Qlink Wireless to sign up for their ACP benefits and get the Scepter 8 tablet.
Qlink Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet User Guide
If you are a first-time user of a Q link Wireless Tablet, you will take time to learn how to operate it. But with some proper user guides, it would be easier for you to fasten your learning.
Although the Qlink Wireless Scepter 8 user manual is available in the box, You can follow the below user guide to understand the process easily.
- The Tablet has a “Power” button to sleep, wake up, start-up, and start down the device.
- You must short-press the “Power” button to sleep and wake your Tablet. Please long-press the button if you have to start or shut off your device.
- Qlink Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet has a volume up (+) and volume down (-) button to reduce and increase the audio volume.
- The Tablet has a home button (home) and a back button (back). The home button takes you to the main interface, while the back button will take you to the previous menu.
- The Tablet has a “settings” button to display the recently browsed history.
- It has nine shortcut icons, such as auto-rotate, Bluetooth, WIFI, battery settings, etc., that can be seen by swiping down the screen, helping you to access these features quickly without visiting settings in your Tablet.
Qlink Scepter 8 Tablet Activation
You must activate your Scepter 8 Tablet after you receive it to be able to use your provider’s network and use your device for various activities.
As the Scepter 8 tablet does not have a SIM card slot, QLink Wireless SIM card activation will not work for it. Therefore, you will need a valid Qlink account to activate it with the help of Wi-Fi connectivity. You can create your Qlink account online or call customer service at 1-855-754-6543.
Here are the steps to activate your Qlink Wireless scepter 8 tablet.
- Please turn on your Tablet and connect it to a Wi-Fi network.
- Visit the “settings” menu on your phone.
- Click on “Network & Internet”.
- Then select “Mobile network.”
- Click on “Add network.”
- Select the Qlink Wireless network.
- Enter your Qlink account information.
- Click on the “Connect” icon.
- Your Scepter 8 tablet is now activated.
Qlink Scepter 8 Tablet Sim Card Slot
Unlike many recent Tablet models, the Scepter 8 tablet does not have a SIM card slot. It supports Wi-Fi connectivity only. Hence, you cannot use this Tablet to place calls or send text messages over a cellular network.
Who manufactures the Scepter 8 tablet?
The Scepter 8 tablet is manufactured by Qlink Wireless, especially for ACP-qualified households.
How to speed up the Qlink Scepter 8 tablet
Your Tablet may slow down for many reasons, like if it is running out of space or if you use outdated software.
You can speed up your Scepter 8 tablet by following these ways.
- Close unused apps or apps running in the background.
- Optimize the storage space by deleting unnecessary files and folders.
- Clear the cache as these excessive cache occupy a lot of space in your Tablet and block your Tablet’s performance.
- Factory reset your Scepter 8 Tablet if no method helps you to boost its speed.
Qlink Scepter 8 tablet hard reset
If your Scpeter 8 tablet is not loading, is stuck on the company’s logo, or you forgot your password, you can hard reset it by following the simple steps.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Press the Power + Volume up button until the Qlink logo appears
- When the menu appears, use the power down button and navigate to Wipe data/factory reset.
- Press the power button to reset, and the hard reset process will begin
- Once it’s down, you can access your tablet without any password.
How can I make my Qlink tablet faster?
Qlink Tablet gets slowed down if it runs out of space as it has less storage. You can not really make it work faster. But you can optimize its performance by keeping the maximum space in the tablet. Deleting the unnecessary files and cache would help you to maintain space in your Tablet.
Does the Qlink Scepter 8 tablet have a SIM slot?
No. The Scepter 8 tablet does not have a SIM card slot.
Subscribe to Email Updates :