I have been hearing about the Simple Mobile free phone for a few months. So, I decided to apply and try my luck. To my surprise, I received a free phone within 2 weeks.
So, with this article, let me share my personal experience with you guys on how I applied for Simple Mobile free phones, their eligibility criteria, required documents, and the top 5 phones you can get.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
What is a Simple Mobile?
Simple Mobile is an American MNVO service provider that offers affordable telecommunication services, including phones from top companies. It is owned by TraceFone Wireless.
Simple Mobile uses the country’s fastest T-Mobile network to offer its 4G and 5G network services, and its coverage map is also identical to T-Mobile.
Does Simple Mobile Offers Free Phone?
Yes. Simple Mobile offers free phones through its participation in the ACP program.
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is the government assistance program inaugurated during the COVID-19 pandemic to help low-income people afford phone services.
The program offers a monthly internet discount of $30 to eligible low-income non-tribal people and up to $75 discount to eligible tribal people.
ACP also offers a one-time discount of $100 to help financially distressed people purchase the internet using devices like tablets, desktop computers, or laptops with a co-pay of $10-$50.
ACP-participating wireless providers provide these services, and the program’s benefits vary for different providers. Some providers, such as Simple Mobile, offer free smartphones through the program.
How To Get The Simple Mobile Free Phone
Simple Mobile is available via the ACP program. You must participate and qualify for this program in your state to get one.
Getting a Simple Mobile free phone requires you to complete these simple steps.
- Find out whether Simple Mobile offers ACP program benefits in your state.
- If it does, check whether you meet its eligibility to apply.
- Collect the necessary documents in support of your qualifications.
- Finally, apply for the ACP program.
How To Qualify For Simple Mobile Free Phone
You must qualify by certain requirements to get a Simple Mobile free phone. To participate in the ACP, you must meet the following prerequisites.
- You must be 18 or older.
- You must hold citizenship of the state where you apply for the ACP program.
Once you fulfill these basic requirements, you must also meet one of the ACP-specific eligibility criteria described below.
The FCC (Federal Communication Commission) has set two eligibility criteria for the ACP, income and program eligibility.
The income threshold for the ACP is 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. Your household income must fall at or below this limit to qualify for the ACP.
You can also qualify for the ACP if you or any household member participates in any eligible government program mentioned below.
- Lifeline assistance program
- Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children.
- Federal Pell Grant for the existing award year
- Received Federal Pell Grant for the existing award year
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefits
If you stay on tribal land, you can check your participation in the following programs.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start (income-based)
Once you ensure your eligibility, you must prove it with the help of valid documents during the application for Simple Mobile free phone.
Here is the list of documents you can submit based on your eligibility.
If you apply on an income basis, you can check for the availability of one of these documents.
- Current income statement from your employer
- Divorce decree
- Paycheck stub
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Pension/ retirement statement of benefits
- Unemployment / Workers Compensation statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
The following documents help you prove your eligibility if you apply for the ACP as a beneficiary of other eligible government support programs.
- Government approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits
Identity and Age Documents
Apart from the eligibility documents, you may need some documents to verify your age, address, or identity. In that case, please have the following documents.
- Birth Certificate
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number document
- Government-issued, state, military, or Tribal ID
- Utility bill
- Lease/mortgage statement
- U.S. driver’s license
- Permanent resident card
How To Apply For The Simple Mobile Free Phone – Application Process
You can apply for the ACP program to get a Simple Mobile free phone if eligible.
Please note that you must first apply to the National Verifier. The application is available both online and offline.
Please follow the below steps to apply online Simple Mobile Free Phone.
- Visit “http://Getinternet.gov”.
- Click on the “apply now” menu.
- You will be directed to the National Verifier’s application form.
- Fill up the form with your accurate details.
- Upload your necessary eligibility documents.
- Finally, submit your application form.
- Wait for the approval.
Once the National Verifier approves your application, you must contact Simple Mobile at 1-877-878-7908 to sign up for their ACP benefits and get a free phone.
You may also apply for the ACP offline via the mail.
Here are the steps to do so.
- Please take the print of the ACP application form at
- You must also include the household worksheet available at
- Fill out these two forms.
- Attach your eligibility documents.
- Send your application package to ACP Support Center, P.O Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA, 18773.
How To Activate Your Simple Mobile Free Phone?
Once you receive your Simple Mobile free phone, it is essential to activate it to be able to use the network’s services.
Please follow these instructions to activate your Simple Mobile free phone.
- First, unbox your Simple Mobile phone and the SIM card package you receive with it.
- Then, insert the SIM card into the phone.
- Power on your Simple Mobile phone by pressing and holding the power button.
- Once powered on, you will receive a prompt to select your language.
- Choose your language and connect your phone to the available Wi-Fi network.
- Next, please follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial setups.
- Once completed, you need to open the phone’s dialler app.
- Please dial the Simple Mobile activation number located on the SIM card packaging.
- Follow the automated voice instructions to enter your SIM card number, which you can find on the SIM card itself or in the documentation.
- Listen to the prompts and provide any extra information asked, such as your details or desired plan.
- You must wait until the Simple Mobile SIM card activation process is completed automatically.
- Please don’t press any button during the process.
- You will receive a notification on your phone’s screen once the activation is complete.
- After you receive the confirmation, your Simple Mobile phone will be ready to use.
Free Phone Models Offered By Simple Mobile
The providers do not reveal the phone models they offer to low-income people via the ACP program. The phone you receive depends on many factors, such as your state of residence, providers, and availability.
However, you can expect these Simple Mobile compatible phones for free.
- Apple iPhone 8
- Alcatel TCL A3
- Google Pixel 4 XL
- Motorola Moto G Stylus
- Motorola Moto Z4
- NUU A11L
- Nokia 3.4
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung A32 5G
Note: If you decide to switch from Simple Mobile in the future with your current phone, please make sure to learn “How to Unlock a Simple Mobile Phone Online”
Comparison Table of Top 5 Simple Mobile Free Phone
Here is a comparison table of our personally picked Top 5 Simple Mobile free phones.
Pixel 4 XL
|Android 13||iOS 16||Android 13||Android 13||Android 12|
|6.8 inches||4.7 inches||6.5 inches||6.3 inches||5 inches|
|IPS LCD||IPS LCD||IPS LCD||AMOLED||IPS LCD|
|1080 x 2400
|1334 x 750
|720 x 1600
|3040 x 1440
|960 x 480
|Storage||128GB||64GB, 128GB, 256GB||64GB, 128GB||64GB, 128GB||64GB|
|50MP main, 8MP ultrawide, 2MP macro||12MP||48MP main, 8MP ultrawide, 5MP
|12.2MP main, 16MP ultrawide||13MP|
Benefits Of Simple Mobile Free Phone
You get the following benefits with a Simple Mobile free phone.
- Simple Mobile free phones help you stay connected with your family and friends without paying any upfront payments.
- With Simple Mobile, you can enjoy an affordable no-contract plan that allows you to change or cancel your plans anytime you wish without worrying about extra charges.
- As Simple Mobile uses Verizon’s network, you get reliable nationwide coverage that enables you to enjoy its network anywhere in the country.
- Simple Mobile’s free phone offers unlimited high-speed data, talk, and text plans.
- You can unlock endless opportunities with smartphones, such as online shopping, education, emergency health services, or numerous entertainment options like games, movies, videos, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a Simple Mobile free phone from the government?
Yes. You can get a Simple Mobile free phone from the government via the ACP program. You must be eligible to participate in this program and get its benefits.
Does Simple Mobile offer a free tablet?
No. Although Simple Mobile participates in the ACP program that discounts tablet purchases, it does not currently offer free or discounted tablets. However, you can get a free phone from the Simple Mobile ACP program.
Can I apply for a simple Mobile ACP if I receive a lifeline from another provider?
Yes. Since you already receive benefits from one of the ACP-eligible government support programs, you can apply for Simple Mobile ACP.
How can I reach Simple Mobile?
You can reach Simple Mobile customer care service by dialing 611 from your Simple Mobile phone or by calling 1-877-878-7908 from any other phone.
What should I do if I lose or damage my Simple Mobile free phone?
You should contact Simple Mobile’s customer care support to inquire whether you can get a free replacement if your phone is lost or damaged.
Signup For Our Newsletter