Easy Wireless Free Government Phones – Easy Wireless is a telecommunication company headquartered in Oklahoma. The company is the premier provider of Lifeline and ACP program benefits nationwide.
Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) are two assistance programs for low-income households that offer them free access to the internet. These services are provided by Lifeline and ACP participating providers.
Easy Wireless is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) that provides free calls, minutes, and data to eligible low-income people through these government-aided programs. It also offers free smartphones to Lifeline and ACP-qualified households.
This article provides a detailed guide regarding how to get an Easy Wireless free government phone, the eligibility requirements, the application procedure, and more.
So without further ado, let’s begin –
How to Get Easy Wireless Free Government Phones
As stated, you can get Easy Wireless free government phones by qualifying Lifeline and ACP programs. Lifeline is a government-support program initiated in 1985 to provide free or discounted phone plans.
ACP is a recent government subsidy program that provides discounted or free broadband or free government phone to qualified individuals.
Easy Wireless Lifeline Program How Do I Qualify?
Easy Wireless provides its free services through the Lifeline and ACP program. Therefore you must participate in one or both programs to avail the company’s free benefits. Only some people are eligible for Easy Wireless free government phone services.
The primary conditions to be eligible for these programs are –
- You must be 18 years of age.
- You must be a citizen of one of the states where Easy Wireless Lifeline and ACP programs are available.
You can check additional eligibility to qualify for Easy Wireless free government phone if you meet these two prerequisites.
To be eligible via the Lifeline program, you must satisfy one of the following criteria.
Your annual family income should be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. For ACP, this eligibility will be 200% below the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
You can also qualify if you or any family member participates in one of the following government-aided programs.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Veterans Pension and Survivor’s Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Poor Families (Tribal TANF)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Tribal Head Start (for income-qualified only)
- School Breakfast Program, including in the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools
Alternatively, your household is Easy Wireless ACP-qualified if any family member has received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
Documents needed for the Easy Wireless Lifeline and ACP program?
Merely knowing you are eligible does not make you qualified to apply for Easy Wireless free government phones.
You must prove your eligibility during the application process with the help of certain valid government documentation based on your eligibility.
Let’s check out the accepted official documentation you can furnish when applying, depending on your eligibility.
Proof of Income
If you apply on a low-income basis, you must have a document showing your full name, income statement, etc.
Official documents include –
- Recent income statement from your employer
- Last year’s state, federal or tribal tax return
- Federal or tribal notice of participation in General Assistance
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- An Unemployment or Workmen’s compensation statement of benefit
- A retirement or pension statement of benefits
- 4 consecutive months of pay stubs
- W2 form
- A Veteran Administration statement of benefits
Proof of program participation
If you apply on your government program participation basis, you must submit a document showing your participation, containing your full name, program name, name of the organization issuing the certificate, date of issuance of the certificate, etc.
Accepted official documents include –
- Benefit award letter
- Government Approval letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits
Besides the eligibility documents, you may also be required to verify your age, address, and identity during the application process. In that case, you may provide any of the following documentation.
- Birth certificate
- USdriver’s license
- A valid state, government, or military ID.
- Utility bill
- Permanent residence card
- Recent W-2 forms
- Certificate of US citizenship
- Certificate of emancipation
It is important to note that you only need to submit a copy of the eligibility documents at the time of application rather than the original one.
How to apply for Easy Wireless Free Government Phone?
The application procedure for Easy Wireless free government phone can only be achieved if you meet the eligibility for the Lifeline and ACP programs. You can check your eligibility and documentation required in the above section.
We will discuss here the application process in detail.
You can apply for the Easy Wireless free government phone in two ways.
Apply for Easy Wireless Free Government Phone Directly Through Your Provider Online
You can apply online for Easy Wireless free government phone through the provider’s official website if eligible.
Please follow the below step to do the same.
- Open this link – https://www.myeasywireless.com/qualify-now
- Enter your email and ZIP code in the provided box.
- Click on the “Enroll Now” option.
- You will be redirected to the Easy Wireless Lifeline or ACP application form.
- Fill up the application by providing the relevant details.
- Attach the necessary documentation to support your eligibility.
- Finally, submit your application form.
Wait for the provider’s response regarding your application.
You can also apply offline by finding a local Easy Wireless representative and submitting your application in person.
Apply for Easy Wireless Free Government Phone Directly Through Your Provider via Mail
You can apply for Easy Wireless free government phone via mail.
Please follow the steps below to apply via mail –
- First, download and print out the application form available at https://www.myeasywireless.com/media/wysiwyg/pdf-files/LI Application nonNVstates.pdf.
- Fill up the application form.
- Attach your eligibility supporting documents with the application form.
- Send your application package to the address – Easy Wireless, PO Box 831717, Ocala, Fl 34483.
You can contact Easy Wireless for more information at (855) 574-2036
Government Free Easy Wireless Phones
Most free government phones you get through the Lifeline and ACP programs are entry-level to mid-range phones.
Moreover, the phone you receive depends on many factors like the availability of the phone models at the provider at the time of your application, your state of residence, the provider you are applying to, etc.
Like several Lifeline and ACP providers, Easy Wireless does not reveal which phone it offers to qualified low-income households in advance. In addition, it does not provide the option for the qualified individual to select specific phones.
The phone that the provider has now is offered to you under these programs. Only the Kyocera DuraXT Flip Phone is now offered in the company’s online store.
The best feature of this phone is it is designed to resist impacts, splashes of water, and dirt. The phone is tough and durable.
The other features of the phone include –
- Resolution – 200 PPI, 240 × 320 pixels
- Battery – 1360 mAh battery User-replaceable Li-Ion
- Processor – Qualcomm QSC6085
- Size – 5.3 ounces
- 5mm headphone jack
You may check the phone specification on the Easy Wireless official website.
Easy Wireless Prepaid Plans
If you cannot receive an Easy Wireless free government phone for any reason, you can take one of the Easy Wireless reasonable prepaid plans.
The Easy Wireless prepaid plans vary from state to state. Here, we have shared some of the most affordable prepaid plans for Kentucky, Missouri, and Oklahoma, Kentucky, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
Prepaid Plans include –
- The $9.25/month plan offers 750 minutes, unlimited text, and 25 MB of Data.
- The $24.25/month includes unlimited minutes, unlimited text, and 1 GB of Data.
- The $35.25/month contains unlimited minutes, unlimited text, and 2 GB of Data.
- The $49.25/month has unlimited minutes, text, and the first 5 GB of High-Speed Data.
The above-prepaid plans include the following benefits.
- Call Waiting
- Call Forwarding
- Caller ID
- Voice Mail
- Three-Way Calling
- Free access to 411
- 611 Short-Code to Call Customer Service
Frequently Asked Questions
Are free phones offered by Easy Wireless free?
Yes. If you are eligible for the Lifeline and the ACP program, Easy Wireless will offer you a free smartphone with free monthly talk, text, and data.
How soon can I get my smartphone after meeting the requirements?
Once you have applied and approved, you can expect your Easy Wireless free government phone within 7-10 business days, depending on your state and location.
How can I contact Easy Wireless?
You can contact Easy Wireless Customer Service at +1 (877) 476-3451, or you can dial 611 from an Easy Wireless phone. Besides, you can email Easy Wireless customer support at [email protected]
Subscribe to Email Updates :