What if I tell you that you can get a Free Government iPhone 6 Plus without investing any penny? Yes, you’ve read that correctly.
The US Federal government has endeavoured to provide financially depressed people access to technology. To achieve this goal, the government runs several assistance programs to provide free or discounted internet services to low-income people who can not afford to pay for internet devices and bills.
These discounted or free services are provided through the wireless service providers participating in these support programs and working with the government to help poor people nationwide. Some generous providers also offer free smartphones and iPhones under these programs.
If you wish to get a free iPhone 6 plus, you have stumbled upon the right webpage.
This article contains detailed information on eligibility, application procedure, and more for free government iPhone 6 Plus.
So, without further delay, let’s begin.
Top 4 Free Government iPhone 6 Plus Programs
As mentioned, the government offers many programs that serve low-income Americans. We have listed the top four government programs offering free government iPhone 6 Plus –
Lifeline Assistance Program
The Lifeline Assistance Program is one of the oldest government programs that help poor citizens afford their telephone services.
The Federal Communications Commission supervises the program and provides free cell phones and plans to qualified households. You can get a discount of $9.25 per month on your phone and internet bills under the Lifeline program.
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The Affordable Connectivity Program is the new program that was initiated to replace the earlier Emergency Broadband Benefit program. The ACP program is regulated by the FCC, and it provides discounts on phone plans and home internet plans. It provides free government internet and phone services to low-income eligible households.
Connect America Fund
The Connect America Fund is a government support program that offers subsidies to phone companies to provide services in rural and backward regions. The program provides phone services to low-income groups.
National Lifeline Association
Besides government programs, non-profit organizations financially support economically backward households to pay their phone bills. National Lifeline Association is one such non-profit organization offering a free iPhone government phone program.
How to Apply for Free Government iPhone 6 Plus
You can get a free government iPhone 6 Plus if you participate in one of the programs that offer this benefit.
Amongst the four listed above, Lifeline and ACP are the two most widespread programs that provide free services and discounted internet-connected devices like laptops, tablets, desktop computers, etc.
You must check what free phone government program is operational in your state.
Online Application Via Website
You can apply online through the National Verifier. Please follow the steps below to apply.
- Visit nv.fcc.gov/lifeline
- Select your state or territory by clicking on the drop-down icon.
- Click on the “Get Started” option.
- You will be redirected to the online application form for the Lifeline/ACP program.
- Fill out the application form by entering the relevant details.
- Attach a copy of your documentation.
- Once you complete, click “Next” at the end of each page.
- Finally, submit your application.
Application Via Mail
Moreover, you can apply for a free iPhone 6 Plus via mail. For this, you need to take the print of the application form.
Please follow the below steps to apply for a free iPhone through the mail.
- You can download and take print of the Lifeline application at lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf.
- For the ACP application form, visit affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf.
- If you apply through ACP, please download and take the print for the worksheet available at affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf.
- Complete your application form.
- Attach copies of your eligibility documentation.
- Send your application package to Lifeline/ACP Support Center, P.O. Box 9100 Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
Application Via a Service Provider
Lastly, you can apply for the free government iPhone 6 Plus directly through your selected service provider.
Please follow the below steps to do the same –
- The first step is to find a wireless service provider that offers a free iPhone under the government assistance programs in your state.
- Once you find one, please get in touch with the provider to learn about their application procedure.
- If they offer an online application, visit their official website to proceed with your application.
- Fill out the application with the correct information and upload copies of your eligibility documents.
- Finally, please submit your application after reviewing it once.
- Wait for your provider’s response.
You may also apply offline by visiting the provider’s office in person, getting your eligibility examined by the company, and filling up the application form with the help of the company’s agent.
Who are Eligible to Get a Free Government iPhone 6 Plus
You must meet certain requirements to qualify for the government assistance programs for free government iPhone 6 Plus.
The prerequisites to qualify for any government program are –
- You should be 18 years or above in age.
- You should be a citizen of the state where you apply for government assistance programs.
The eligibility criteria vary for different programs –
|Your household must have an annual income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.||
Lifeline Assistance Program
|Your annual family income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.|
You must meet only one eligibility rather than both to qualify for the programs.
List of Required Documents for Free Government iPhone 6 Plus
You must have a valid government document to submit during the application to verify your qualifications. The documentation you need depends on your eligibility by which you apply for free government iPhone 6 Plus.
Let’s check out the accepted official documents based on eligibility.
Proof of Income
If you apply on an income basis, you must have a document showing your full name and income.
Official documents are –
- Current income statement
- Unemployment Compensation statement of benefits
- A paycheck stub
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits Federal
- Previous year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Tribal letter of participation in General Assistance
- Child support award
- Divorce decree
Proof of Government Assitance Program Participation
If you apply on your program participation basis, you need a document containing relevant details like the program name, participant’s name, date of issuance, name of the authority issuing the certificate, etc.
Accepted official documents are –
- Government approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefits verification letter
- Benefits award letter
You may require additional documents to verify your age, identity, or address.
Official documents are –
- For age or identity: valid state, government, military, or Tribal ID, passport, or birth certificate,
- For address: utility bill, W-2, driver’s license, tax return,
- Certificate of emancipation if you are an emancipated minor.
It is important to learn that you only need to submit a copy of your eligibility document instead of the original one.
How long will it take to get a Free Government iPhone 6 Plus in 2023?
Once the company approves your application, you can get your free government iPhone 6 Plus in 5-10 working days, depending on your location. If it takes longer, you can contact your selected provider.
Are Free Government iPhone 6 Plus “Free?”
Not actually. Some providers offer smartphones completely free of charge under government assistance programs. But, since iPhones are expensive devices, the Lifeline and ACP participating providers offer a one-time discount of $100 to purchase the iPhone.
As the discount is huge, this discount is called the free iPhone.
Moreover, you must pay between $10-$50 towards the purchase price to buy the iPhone.
Nonetheless, there are other government programs that provide some iPhone models completely free. As such, it would be best to refer to your state’s government assistance programs for free iPhones.
What other iPhones are available as Free government iPhone
The providers under the government support programs do not reveal what iPhones they offer in advance. The iPhone you get depends on many factors, like the availability of the device at the time of your application, your state, the provider at which you apply for a free government phone, etc.
However, the government provides a decent iPhone in good working condition with all the basic features. If you qualify for a free government iPhone, you should get one of the following –
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone SE
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus
- Apple iPhone 13
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max
- Apple iPhone 14
- Apple iPhone 12
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get a free government iPhone 6 Plus?
You can get a free iPhone if you participate and qualify for one of the government assistance programs in your state that offers free phones to low-income people. However, you must meet the program’s eligibility conditions to qualify for it.
Do I get other benefits with the free iPhone 6 Plus?
Yes. You get several other benefits like free monthly data, free unlimited text and calling, free government hotspots, etc., if you are approved for a free iPhone 6 Plus. However, the benefits vary for different providers of free iPhones.
Can I apply for free iPhone programs if I am already an EBB beneficiary?
Yes. Being an EBB beneficiary, you are automatically eligible to apply for a free iPhone program.
Can I transfer my Lifeline benefit to other family members?
No. You cannot transfer your benefit to another family member or other household.
Subscribe to Email Updates :