Are you looking for an Excess Telecom Tablet activation guide? If yes, you have stumbled upon the perfect page.
Excess Telecom is a wireless service provider in the United States that offers ACP benefits, including a discounted tablet.
You must be looking for an Excess Telecom Tablet activation guide if you are someone who has recently received an Excess Telecom discounted Tablet through ACP.
In this article, we will provide a detailed guide regarding how you can achieve Excess Telecom Tablet activation.
So, without further ado, let’s begin.
Excess Telecom Provider Overview
Excess Telecom is a telecommunication company in California that offers affordable mobile phone services in all 50 states of the country. It is also one of the major ACP providers that helps low-income people get access to technology.
The ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) is a government assistance program providing monthly free government Internet to low-income people that is supervised by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). ACP program offers various benefits to their customers, such as
- Eligible people can get a $30 monthly discount on their phone bill and $75 if they live on Tribal land.
- A one-time discount of $100 to purchase a tablet or any internet-using devices such as laptops or desktop computers with a co-pay of $10-$50.
Excess Telecom provides ACP benefits to low-income people, including a monthly Internet discount of $30 to non-tribal residents and $75 to tribal land residents. The provider also offers a one-time discount of $100 to help low-income people purchase connecting devices.
You can get Excess Telecom ACP benefits by qualifying for the ACP program. Please read the next section to find out how you can apply for the Excess Telecom ACP program.
How To Apply For Excess Telecom Via ACP
You can apply for Excess Telecom tablet via ACP only if you are eligible for the program.
To be eligible for the ACP, you must fulfill one of the following ACP-specific eligibility criteria mentioned below.
You can qualify for Excess Telecom ACP if your annual family income stands at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
If not by income, you can be eligible for the ACP program if you or any member receives benefits from one of the following eligible government-aided programs.
- Lifeline Assitance Program
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program ), formerly Food Stamps
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veteran Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Free or reduced-price school lunch programs
- School Breakfast Programs, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision Schools
- Received federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Head Start (for only households meeting income qualifying standard)
You can apply for Excess Telecom Free Tablet through the National Verifier at “https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply” or directly through its website at “https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply/.”
Please fill out the application form and submit it. Wait for the approval.
If you receive the notification for your application approval, you must reach Excess Telecom to sign up for their ACP benefits and get a free government tablet.
Excess Telecom Tablet Activation – Process
Once your application for the Excess Telecom ACP is approved and you receive your Tablet, you must activate it to be able to use it for various activities such as calling, texting, etc.
Here is a simple guide to achieving Excess Telecom Tablet activation.
- Unbox your Excess Telecom Tablet and find out the SIM card that you have received with the device.
- Once you locate the SIM card, the next step is to insert it into the device by fixing it correctly in the SIM card tray.
- Turn your Tablet on by pressing the power button for a few seconds.
- Now, you will be prompted to choose your language.
- Select your preferred language.
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Then, you must follow the on-screen prompts to finish the activation process.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- You may be instructed to install the updates.
- Check for further updates and install them if available.
- Allow your Tablet to complete the activation.
- You must not disturb your device for a few minutes while it is in the activation process.
- Within a few minutes, your tablet activation will be completed.
You can check whether you are able to place a call or send a text to someone. If you can do these activities, your Excess Telecom Tablet is successfully activated.
Please note that you may also receive the activation guide in your Excess Telecom box based on your Tablet model. If you do, you can follow the guide instructions for your Excess Telecom Tablet activation.
You can call Excess Telecom customer service at 1-800-615-0898 if you find any issues while activating your Tablet.
Does Excess Telecom Charge Activation Fee?
Yes. When you activate the Excess Telecom tablet through the guide, it charges a service activation fee. However, the activation fee varies from state to state.
According to customer reviews, Excess Telecom charges an activation fee of between $11-$20. This means you may have to pay an activation fee in this range.
Excess Telecom Tablet Activation – Common Issue
Although Excess Telecom Tablet activation is a simple process, you may experience some issues while activating your device.
After activation through the guide the most common Excess Telecom tablet activation issues that you face.
SIM Card Issue
Sometimes, your Tablet does not detect a SIM card. Hence, you must ensure that your SIM card is properly inserted into your device’s SIM card slot.
Incompatible SIM Card
You may also face an incorrect SIM card issue if you use a SIM card other than the one provided with the Tablet, as the SIM card you are using may not be compatible with the Excess Telecom tablet.
Activation Error Message
You can sometimes get the “Unable to activate your tablet Please try again later” message while using the Excess Telecom tablet activation guide. You can restart your device and activate it after some time.
Unable to Connect to the Internet
You may face an Excess Telecom Tablet activation issue if your Tablet cannot connect to the Internet. Therefore, you must ensure your Tablet is connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network while activating it also, try to change Excess Telecom APN settings for better network coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the Excess Telecom activation process last?
If you follow the guide properly, the Excess Telecom tablet activation process takes only a few minutes to complete.
What to do if the Excess Telecom activation process is unsuccessful?
If your Excess Telecom activation process is unsuccessful, you can try the following tips.
- Please check if there is any additional activation guide in your Excess Telecom tablet box.
- You can log in to your Excess Telecom account online to search for help.
- You can contact Excess Telecom customer support service at 1-800-615-0898 or reach them at “https://www.excesstelecom.com/contact-us/.”
How do I make sure my service stays active?
You must ensure your service stays active once you receive Excess Telecom devices or discounts through the ACP.
Here are tips to follow to make sure you continue receiving your service.
- You must use your service at least once every 30 days or purchase data packs. Your service may be deactivated if you fail to use it once a month. If it happens, you can reactivate it by calling Excess Telecom’s customer support service.
- If you are not eligible for the Excess Telecom ACP program, you must inform the company within 30 days.
- You must not make international calls with Excess Telecom, as doing so will result in your service being deactivated.
- ACP discounts are non-transferable. Hence, you should not try to transfer your service to another family member or another household.
- You must keep the company’s equipment, such as a router or modem, safe. If you lose it, the company may deactivate your service until you find them.
What devices can be activated on Excess Telecom?
Any device purchased directly from Excess Telecom can be activated on the Excess network. Additionally, you can bring your device to Excess Telecom if it is compatible with a GSM/LTE network.
You can check your Excess Telecom Free Phone compatibility with Excess Telecom on its official website or by contacting the provider and enquiring about your device compatibility.
Subscribe to Email Updates :