Do you know you can get a free tablet from Government? Yes, you heard it right.
When Covid-19 hit the world, we realized the role of technology. With technology, one can be independent in most of their work, but as technology is helpful for people, not everyone can afford it.
However, some people cannot afford it because of their low income. This is why most people do not use technology and are deprived of it because One requires tablets, laptops, or smartphones for their work to use the technology.
Here comes the role of government. In association with several digital companies and service providers, the government provides free tablets or computers to low-income families to support the nation’s betterment.
Many government and nonprofit organizations have also come forward to offer free tablets to low-income groups to help enhance their condition and get a better future.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
How to get a free Tablet from Government?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit was started in response to the Covid-19 pandemic to offer discounts on monthly internet services. At the end of 2021, the EBB program was modified into the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
ACP is a government assistance program launched by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that now provides free government tablets to eligible customers.
Low-income groups can get free tablets in two ways –
Free Tablet from the Government under ACP Program
To get a free tablet from the government, low-income families and students must submit an application form upon meeting the eligibility criteria. If the person is deemed eligible and passes the screening test, they can get a free government tablet in 2022-23. However, the process is difficult, and free tablets are limited.
Low-income individuals can use the Affordable Connectivity Program ACP to access $10 tablets through government assistance.
This program offers subsidized tablets to eligible participants. By applying for the ACP program and meeting the necessary criteria, you can gain access to affordable tablets priced at $10 or lower.
Free Tablets from Charities and Nonprofit Organizations
Low-income families can also get a free tablet from a charity or nonprofit organization if they cannot get it from the government. For this, you need to fulfill the eligibility, and if the organization finds you qualified, you will get a free tablet.
What is the process of getting a Free Tablet from Government?
You must follow this process to get a free tablet from Government under the ACP program –
- To begin with the application, you first need to check whether you can apply for a free tablet program. Check the eligibility criteria for this.
- Next, you have to provide specific supporting documents to prove your eligibility.
- Apply for the ACP program on its official website or offline.
- Finally, wait for the approval. If selected, you will find an ACP provider in your state that offers free government tablets.
- Please note that not all ACP providers offer discounts on connected devices. Many of them only provide discounts on monthly services.
Note: You can also get Verizon Free Tablet Through ACP.
Eligibility criteria to qualify for ACP to get a Free Tablet from Government
There are strict eligibility criteria to apply for the ACP. You must meet these conditions before you apply for free Tablets under ACP –
- Your annual household income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Your family received a Federal Pell Grant in the recent award year.
- You must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor.
- You must be a citizen of one of the states where your selected ACP provider provides its services.
- You or any of your family members participate in one of the listed Lifeline programs below.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), known as Food Stamps.
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only for households meeting the income qualifying standard).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Department of Agriculture Community Eligibility Provision schools
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program
Please note that your household must be a participant in at least one of the government-aided programs listed above and not all.
Documents required to apply for the ACP to receive a Free Government Tablet
The document that you will be required to provide depends on which eligibility criteria you are applying for. It also depends on the state and the organization you are planning to apply. Therefore, we recommend you check the organization’s official website for exact information on eligibility and documents.
Documents required if you qualify through any Federal Government Program
You must furnish proof of enrollment in a Federal Government assistance program containing your name, the program’s name, etc.
You may provide any one of the following –
- Approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- School documentation
Documents required if you qualify through income
A document containing your full name and annual income showing your current income is under 200% of the federal poverty level.
You can provide one of the following documents –
- Recent income statement from the employer or a paycheck stub
- Federal or tribal notice letter showing participation in General Assistance
- A retirement or pension statement of benefits
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- A Veteran Administration statement of benefits
- An Unemployment/Workmen’s Compensation statement of benefits
- The previous year’s state, federal, or tribal tax return
General required documents
Apart from the documents proving your eligibility, you must furnish general documents to verify your identity, age, and address.
In such a case, you can provide photo ID proof in the form of a valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID, passport, driver’s license, etc.
You may also be required to give –
- Contact information
- Eligibility proof document
- Income proof or salary slip
- Income proof or student information
- Residence proof
Documents required if you qualify through a disability
If you are qualifying through a disability, you need to provide a certificate from a government source proving your disability.
How to apply for Free Tablet from Government?
You can apply for the ACP program in two ways, through the government or by directly contacting a selected ACP provider that provides free government tablets in your state.
Online application form to get free tablet
- Open this link – https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D
- The official ACP online application form opens up.
- Fill out the form by providing all the essential details and documentation.
- Once you have completed the form, click the Submit button, and your form will be submitted.
Mail application form to get free tablet
- You first need to print out an ACP application form. You can get the print from this link – https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf.
- Fill out the application form.
- Attach copies of all your documentation.
- Finally, send the package to ACP Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742
If you wish to apply directly from a provider, you can follow these instructions –
First, find an ACP provider in your area that offers free government tablets. You can find a suitable provider by visiting this link – https://www.fcc.gov/affordable-connectivity-program-providers
- Select your state of residence.
- Look for the provider that shows a ‘tick’ under ‘Offering Connected Devices.’
- Once you find a suitable provider, open its website to see its ACP application form.
- Fill out the provider’s online ACP application form.
You can contact the provider’s customer support service if you don’t find the application form.
What are the best Free Tablets from Government?
The tablets that qualified customer receives depend on the institution, state, and availability. You cannot specify what tablets you want under the ACP program.
However, the government provides tablets that are in good working condition with basic features like a webcam, microphone, Wi-Fi capability, etc.
According to a few sources, the free tablet from Government includes a Lenovo, Acer, or Microsoft tablet.
Some of the best free government tablets are listed below –
- Apple 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2021- Space Gray
- Lenovo Tab M10 Plus Tablet
- 2020 Apple iPad – Space Gray (8th generation)
- Lenovo Tab 5
- Fire HD 10 Tablet + Amazon Standing Case (Sandstone White)
- LG G Pad 5 – 4GB LTE Unlocked Tablet
- New Microsoft Surface Go 2 – Platinum (Latest Model)
- Google Chromebook
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 8″ Ruggedized Tablet, Black
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- Vortex tablet
- Alcatel Joy Tab
|Apple 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2021||$1,099|
|Lenovo Tab M10 Plus Tablet||$229|
|2020 Apple iPad – Space Gray (8th generation)||$329|
|Lenovo Tab 5||$199|
|Fire HD 10 Tablet + Amazon Standing Case (Sandstone White)||$149|
|LG G Pad 5 – 4GB LTE Unlocked Tablet||$249|
|New Microsoft Surface Go 2 – Platinum (Latest Model)||$399|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 8″ Ruggedized Tablet, Black||$349|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S7||$649|
|Alcatel Joy Tab||$99|
Best companies that offer Free Tablet from Government
The best companies and service providers for free government tablets are listed below.
You can apply for free tablets by visiting these providers’ websites and checking whether they offer services in your state.
Nonprofit Organizations that offer free government tablets
Various nonprofit organizations provide free tablets for low-income households. If you are not eligible for a free tablet from the Government, you can check for any nonprofit organizations below to get a free tablet.
- On IT Foundation – Free Tablets from Government
- Computers 4 Kids
- Adaptive.Org – Government Free Tablets
- Everyone – Free Government Tablet
- Computers For Learning – Free Government Tablets
FAQs About Free Tablet from Government
Why is internet access important?
Online resources offer students and professionals worldwide access to information, jobs, shopping, and educational opportunities. The Internet is an essential source of information for students and professionals alike, allowing them to communicate with their families, access educational materials and videos, and to function more efficiently.
Do the free tablet programs have any requirements for eligibility?
There are strict eligibility requirements for free tablet programs. SNAP, TANF, and WIC applicants must meet strict guidelines (under 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines). Applicants must also provide official documentation to prove their identity. This ensures that only deserving candidates get the free tablets.
How can I get a free tablet?
The program is available to those with an annual income below 200% of the federal poverty level or belong to a low-income household, and you qualify for this program. Your application for a free tablet may be eligible if this applies to you. As part of the government’s effort to bridge the digital divide, people who qualify are provided with free or discounted tablets.
Can I upgrade my government-free tablet?
In most cases, you will be able to update your tablet through your wireless service provider. If it was given to you by a nonprofit organization, you can ask them about an upgrade.
Generally, Lifeline ACP does not allow customers to upgrade their free tablets; however, this may differ based on the provider and state.
Can I really get a free tablet from Government?
The government offers low-income families free tablets through the Lifeline and ACP, as you might have guessed from reading the article above. It’s possible for low-income families to get tablets for free if they meet the eligibility criteria.
Subscribe to Email Updates :