The low-income residents of Florida can now get a free government phone with phone services such as unlimited talk, text, and data through several assistance programs run by the federal government.
So without any further ado, Let’s get started.
Can I get a Free Government Phone in Florida?
Yes, you can get a free Government phone in Florida if you belong to a low-income family group or If any of your family members are part of the government programs such as SNAP, Medicaid, Section 8, Veterans Pension, SSI, or Survivor Benefit as this programs make you eligible for the assistance programs run by the government to provide people with wireless services.
How to Get Free Government Phone Florida?
Many service providers in Florida participate in Lifeline or ACP programs and offer these services. Under ACP or Lifeline, you will recieve the following benefits from the providers.
- A free Smartphone
- Unlimited Talk
- Unlimited Data
- Unlimited Text
To get these benefits, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly make sure you are eligible for the Lifeline and ACP programs. Generally, eligibility is based on Low income or government program participation.
- Once you determine your eligibility, Find an ACP or Lifeline service provider in Florida offering a free government phone with its services.
- Fill out the Application form provided by the services provider and correctly enter every information.
- Attach the necessary documents and click on submit
- Wait for the approval
- Once approved, you will recieve your free government phone by via mail.
How to Qualify for Lifeline and ACP to get Free Government Phone in Florida
Lifeline and ACP offer free phone and phone services to eligible low-income people. However, you must follow the eligibility criteria below to qualify for these programs.
Eligibility criteria for Lifeline
Based on the FCC rules, a household is eligible for the Lifeline program only if it meets the following criteria:
Income of the family
A household with an annual income of less than 135% of the federal poverty guidelines is eligible for Lifeline.
Participation based eligibility
If any of your family members participate in any of the programs mentioned below, you are eligible for the Lifeline program:
- Supplement Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Food Stamps
- Supplement Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans’ Pension and Survivors’ benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Food distribution programs based on reservations
- Federal Pell Grant
- School Breakfast Program.
ACP eligibility criteria
The household is eligible to get a free phone in Florida via ACP when they meet the following criteria:
Income of the family
You are eligible for the ACP program if your annual household income is below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
Participation based eligibility
If you or any of your family members participate in the Lifeline or the programs mentioned above.
Note: Applicant must be 18 years old and a permanent resident of the state they are applying from. You are automatically eligible for the ACP Program if you already receive Lifeline benefits.
Documents to get Free Government Phone in Florida
You will be asked to submit various documents during the application process as proof of eligibility. You can provide the following documents mentioned below.
As proof of your program participation, you must provide the official document, which would include a full legal name, program name, establishment organization that issued this document, the issued date in the last year, and future expiration date.
The list of documents could include the following:
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits
- Approval letter
- School documentation
Household Income proof
You can prove your low income by submitting the official document, which would have your full legal name and monthly income:
- Last year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Paychecks stubs
- Social security statement of Benefits
- Veterans’ administration statement of Benefits
- Worker’s or unemployment compensation you are receiving
- Divorce decree or child support
- Retirement pension benefits
To verify your identity, you have to submit any of these documents to get a free government phone in Florida:
- A valid government, military, state, and tribal ID
- Birth certificate
- Driver license
- US citizenship certificate
- Permanent resident card or green card
- Taxpayer identification number
What are the Lifeline/ACP Restriction Rules?
Both the Lifeline and ACP programs offered by the government have the following list of rules and restrictions:
- Lifeline and ACP benefits are offered to people with annual income below the federal government guideline.
- Lifeline and ACP benefits apply only to 1 person in the household
- Lifeline and ACP benefits will not be transferred to other family members, even if they are eligible for this program.
- A household member in the family will receive this benefit only from one provider at a time. However, after the expiry, they have the flexibility to switch to the provider they want.
- After receiving the benefits, you must use them once a month
- You can continue receiving the benefits only after you renew this program every year
- If you are no longer eligible for these programs, you must inform the provider before 30 days.
Can Florida Residents Upgrade Phones?
At one point, everyone would love to upgrade their phones to access new features. However, only a few providers would allow you to upgrade the free phone you received from the government with a new device by paying a small price. Examples of such include AirTalk Wireless.
A few of the reasons that compel people to upgrade their phones include:
- High-resolution cameras
- High-capacity batteries
- Quick connectivity to the internet, like 4G and 5G
- Large screens
- Storage memories
Free Cell Phone Providers in Florida
There are many service providers available throughout Florida that offer free government phone and phone services. Below we have mentioned some of them.
With its participation in the Lifeline program, Assurance Wireless offers free phones to eligible Florida people with other phone services such as Unlimited talk, text, and 25GB of monthly High-speed data.
You can apply for Assurance Wireless benefits by visiting “https://www.assurancewireless.com/lifeline-services/states/florida-lifeline-free-government-phone-service”
- Unlimited Talk and Text
- 8 GB of High-Speed Data
- Caller ID, Call Waiting, 3-Way Calling, & Voicemail
You can apply for the Airtalk Wireless program by visiting “https://airtalkwireless.com/apply”
Note: Florida residents can get 18 Gb of monthly data and a smartphone of their choice by paying a small fee of $12.00.
Access Wireless is another Lifeline and ACP service provider offering free phones in Florida. Their plan includes the following benefits.
- A free smartphone
- Unlimited Talk and Text
- 10GB of High-Speed Data
- 5GB Hotspot Data
You can apply for Access Wireless free phone by visiting “https://www.accesswireless.com/”
What kind of smartphone do I get if I qualify for a free government phone in Florida?
The provider does not disclose the device’s specific model, as the phone’s availability depends on the stock and the state. However, some providers may let you choose the model of the device or may let you have the latest phone by paying a small fee.
How much data do I get with a free phone in Florida?
The amount of data you recieve depends on the service provider you choose. So, it’s better to contact your service provider or visit their website to learn more about the benefits you will recieve.
Who is eligible for a free government phone in Florida?
Those who meet the eligibility criteria set by the government can qualify for a free smartphone. Generally, eligibility is based on low income and other program participation.
Subscribe to Email Updates :