Free Phone for Seniors in Florida – Connectivity services and cell phones are necessary in today’s world, especially for those at risk, such as the elderly. Seniors need to use these tools and resources to maintain relationships with loved ones, access healthcare, and more.
However, low-income people may not always have the financial resources to afford these necessities. The good news is that anyone who qualifies can get free monthly cell phone service and a free 4G/5G smartphone with free shipment, thanks to programs like Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program.
In this piece, we’ll talk about the free phone service for seniors in Florida, how to apply, and more.
- 1 How to get Free Phone for Seniors in Florida
- 1.1 EASY Wireless Free Phone for Seniors in Florida
- 1.2 How to qualify for the ACP and get a Free Phone for Seniors in Florida from EASY Wireless?
- 1.3 EASY Wireless Offers
- 1.4 Documents Needed to Qualify
- 1.5 Assurance Wireless Free Senior Cell Phone Program
- 1.6 Eligibility for Assurance Wireless Free Senior Cell Phone Program
- 1.7 Assurance Wireless Benefits
- 1.8 Where else does Assurance Wireless provide free phones to seniors other than Florida?
- 1.9 Best Smartphones For Seniors
- 1.10 Why is a free Cell Phone Necessary for Seniors?
- 1.11 How to apply for free phones online without credit cards?
How to get Free Phone for Seniors in Florida
Senior citizens in Florida can get free cell phones through several government initiatives. The Affordable Connectivity Program is great for folks who need to always have internet access for things like jobs, school, and playing games, and the Lifeline Program is another alternative option.
GCI, Assurance Wireless, Infiniti Mobile, Feelsafe Wireless, Easy Wireless, Copper Valley Telecom, Context Wireless, enTouch Wireless, and many more Florida phone companies offer these two services to senior customers.
Here are two of the best service providers that offer the ACP and the lifeline program.
EASY Wireless Free Phone for Seniors in Florida
The Affordable Connectivity Program allows nearly half of Florida families to take advantage of EASY Wireless’s unbeatable deals. The best aspect is that all Florida residents who match the criteria can apply for this program.
How to qualify for the ACP and get a Free Phone for Seniors in Florida from EASY Wireless?
Families participating in the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program, the National School Lunch Program, and students receiving the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) are all included in ACP.
Additional programs that you can join to be eligible are as follows –
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program under Medicaid (Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Disability Insurance Benefits
- Housing Aid from the Federal Government
- Pension Payment for Veterans and Their Dependents
EASY Wireless Offers
Free Smartphone Plan
In this plan, you get a FREE SMARTPHONE with FREE Monthly Talk & Text and up to 5 GB of data monthly without paying for it.
Free Unlimited Data Promo
In this scheme, you have the option to Keep Your Phone and still get the benefits of unlimited data, text, and calls.in addition, you also get a free sim card.
EASY Wireless Coverage
EASY Wireless guarantees the fastest connection speeds, and their network is the most dependable, covering the entire country.
Discount on upgraded devices
Florida residents who sign up for a free phone with EASY Wireless and refer their friends and family to the service will have $25 added to their account for each successful referral as per the EASY Rewards Program.
You have to make your friends place an order on EASY Wireless and mention your account or phone number; you will receive a credit. You can spend the funds at any moment to upgrade your gadgets, and there are no restrictions on the number of recommendations you can make.
Documents Needed to Qualify
By verifying your identity with EASY Wireless, you can rapidly qualify through the national verifier. If your information is not already in the system, you must submit a copy of your most recent tax return as proof of income.
A letter from the provider verifying your receipt of an eligible benefit can also be uploaded.
Assurance Wireless Free Senior Cell Phone Program
Assurance Wireless, like its competitor EASY Wireless, gives low-income seniors and those receiving government assistance and medicare a free cell phone and service to stay safe and communicate with loved ones.
Eligibility for Assurance Wireless Free Senior Cell Phone Program
If you’re a senior and your income is at or below 135% or 150% of the federal poverty guidelines, or if you receive Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8), Home Energy Assistance Programs, Food Stamps/SNAP, or General Assistance, you can be eligible for a free cell phone through Assurance Wireless.
Assurance Wireless Benefits
Each Assurance Wireless customer can receive a free cell phone once every two years, and they can also choose to add minutes for an additional $5, $20, or $30.
Where else does Assurance Wireless provide free phones to seniors other than Florida?
Assurance Wireless’s “Free Cell Phone” program is accessible in many states across the US.
These states include Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Best Smartphones For Seniors
A carrier’s free phone may vary, and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of manufacturers and products from which to pick.
So we’ve done the legwork to find the top free phones with features tailored to the needs of the elderly –
Apple iPhone 7
The iPhone 7 is the greatest and ideal smartphone for seniors due to its user-friendly interface and easily accessible operating system.
Listed below are some of the features –
- Its LCD, measuring in at 4.7 inches, is vivid and full of color.
- Depending on the model you purchase, it can have 32 GB or 128 GB of storage space and stereo speakers.
- The front and back cameras can produce high-quality images even in dim light conditions.
Samsung Galaxy J3
It’s a 4G smartphone at a fraction of the price of Samsung’s other models. The list of the features of this phone is as follows –
- Durable power source
- 16 GB of onboard memory
- A slot for a MicroSD card
- The front and the back cameras provide reasonably sharp images even in dim conditions and record video in high definition.
The Motorola Moto E4
It’s an affordable option of exceptional value and quality for seniors. A water-repellent coating protects the screen, and the device is lightweight.
- Its HD screen is five inches in size.
- It features a decent camera and comes with a removable, extremely long-lasting battery that can be swapped out whenever it dies.
- A finger touch can unlock your phone thanks to its fingerprint sensor.
The Moto G Stylus by Motorola
The Motorola Moto G Stylus features a 6.4-inch screen that can accommodate your needs, whether you’re using it for work, pleasure, or leisure.
Its features are as follows –
- It has two stereo speakers for superior sound quality.
- It boasts a crystal-clear triple-camera setup that can capture stunning images of your pets, family, and friends.
- There’s a built-in stylus to write things out by hand instead of typing them.
Why is a free Cell Phone Necessary for Seniors?
Below are some policy considerations that led to the government’s decision to give free phones to qualified seniors –
For personal safety – The vast majority of the elderly population is neglected, and consequently, they spend their later years living alone. One of the most defenseless demographics, seniors, require special protection for their safety.
For health – Not only do seniors require cell phones for personal safety, but also for medical emergencies. It’s common knowledge that the elderly have a higher mortality rate due to sickness, so they must always have access to a cell phone to make emergency calls in the event of an accident or sudden illness.
Mental health – Physical and emotional hardships are not conducive to the mental health of the elderly. They can use their cell phones for amusement and pleasure by engaging in activities like social media sites. This aids in relieving tension and stress and improves their emotional well-being.
How to apply for free phones online without credit cards?
There are several ways you can get free phones online without credit cards.
You may also like –
- Best Cellular Phones for Seniors
- Best Flip Phones for Seniors
- Best Verizon Phone Deals for Existing Customers
Subscribe to Email Updates :