Want to get Gen Mobile free Government phone? If yes, you have stumbled upon the right Place.
We’re all aware that phones, especially smartphones, can be quite pricey. Low-income families may find it difficult to afford these devices. Getting a free phone can be a relief because it lets you talk to your family and friends.
The Lifeline Assistance and Affordable Connectivity Program are the means by which participating service providers such as Gen Mobileare able to offer free phone plans and mobile phones. The free plans provide free text messages, phone calls, and data.
This article covers detailed information about Gen Mobile free Government phone, eligibility criteria, application process, and more.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
Does Gen Mobile offer free phones?
Yes, Gen Mobile does provide free phones under a government program. If you want to use this program or are thinking about switching to Gen Mobile to get a free phone from the company, you can get one through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
Gen Mobile used to be a Lifeline participant but doesn’t participate in the Lifeline program anymore. Conversely, the provider participates in ACP, which provides you with a communication plan and a free smartphone.
Here’s what it includes –
- Unlimited USA Talk & Text
- 7GB Data per month
- Unlimited Global Text
|Unlimited USA talk & text
You can talk and text to anyone in the United States without having to worry about using up your minutes or texts.
|7GB of data per month
You get 7GB of data per month to use on the internet, stream music, or watch videos.
|Unlimited global text
You can text anyone worldwide without worrying about using your texts.
In order to ensure that low-income families have access to the internet speeds necessary for educational, occupational, and medical pursuits, the federal government has established the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Households that qualify for the benefit will receive a monthly discount on internet service of up to $30 and up to $75 if they live on eligible Tribal lands.
How to Get Gen Mobile Free Government Phone 2023
As discussed already, one can get Gen Mobile ACP free phone from the government. In addition, you will be eligible for a free plan.
However, the ACP program only allows one discounted monthly service plan and one discounted device per household. Plus, the services cannot be transferred to anyone.
You must be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program before you can apply for it. You can qualify in a number of different ways. Generally, if a family’s annual gross income is 200% or less of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, they are eligible for the ACP Program.
How to Qualify for Gen Mobile Free Government Phone
You must meet the ACP program’s eligibility requirements to qualify and apply for a free government phone from Gen Mobile. However, you must first meet the prerequisites.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be a permanent resident of the state you are applying for the Gen Mobile ACP program.
If you meet the prerequisites, you can check the ACP program-specific eligibility criteria in the next section
Eligibility for Gen Mobile Free Government Phone
The US government has deliberately restricted access to this ACP program, reserving it for those who are truly in need.
In order to be eligible for this program, you’ll need to meet certain requirements.
You can get a Gen Mobile free smartphone from the government if you are a participant or fit into one of these groups –
- Annual Household Income less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- If not by income, you will qualify for the Gen Mobile ACP program if you participate in any of the programs mentioned below.
If your application is accepted, you will be able to select Gen Mobile as your service provider and will then be given a free phone along with a service plan.
If you come under any eligibility criteria, you must provide the documents to prove you are eligible.
Here are the accepted documents.
- Income proof: Documents like pay stubs, current employer income statements, divorce decrees, and Tax returns can be used as proof.
- Program Participation Proof: To prove that you participating in the assistance program, provide the following documents: Government Approval letter, Statement of benefits, Benefit award letter, Benefit verification letter
- Identity Proof: The provider will also ask you to provide valid government documents that show your name, address, and D.O.B. Accepted documents are a driver’s license, Utility bill, Birth Certificate, Passport, etc.
How to Apply for Gen Mobile Free Government Phone
Here are the steps to apply.
- To apply for the Gen Mobile ACP program and recieve a free government phone, visit “https://acp.genmobile.com/en/#!/newHome”
- Enter your zip code and click on “Start.”
- Now, on the application form, provide your “Personal Info” and click on “Continue.”
- Enter your address.
- Now, choose eligibility, which can be based on low income or program participation.
- Upload necessary eligibility documents.
- Choose your device and plan.
- Finally, review your application and submit it.
Once your application is approved, you will recieve a Gen Mobile free phone within a week.
What kind of phone does Gen Mobile give?
Gen Mobile doesn’t reveal the exact model of the phone you will be receiving. However, you can expect to get a basic Android device to watch videos, click images, make calls, etc.
Here are some of the models that you can recieve.
- Maxwest Neo Flip
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Samsung S9
- Motorola Moto G7 Play
- Maxwest Astro 63R
- Motorola Moto G Power
if you need a 5G phone, Check out our guide on “How to Get a Free 5G Government Phone.”
Comparison Table of Gen Mobile Free Phones
Here is a table of Gen Mobile free government phone.
|240 x 320 pixels
|720 x 1520 pixels
|1080 x 2340 pixels
|1080 x 2300 pixels
|Android 10 Go
|Android 9 Pie
These are all basic Android phones, but if you need an advanced smartphone such as an iPhone, read our guide on “Apply for A Free Government iPhone 8,” “Apply for a Free Government iPhone 11,” and “Apply for Free Government iPhone 12”
Are there any limitations on the ACP program?
Yes, there are some rules and limits to the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and the free government phone offer from Gen Mobile.
Here are some important things to keep in mind –
- The ACP program is restricted to providing only one device per household.
- Households that participate in the ACP program are eligible to receive a discount on their monthly service fees. You can save as much as $30 per month and $75 per month if you live on tribal lands. The price cut only affects the regular monthly fee, not any upgrades or extras.
- The free Gen Mobile phone service and the ACP program are not transferable.
Can Gen Mobile provide me with a free Government-issued phone?
Yes. You can get a free Gen Mobile Government-issued phone if you are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
How do I participate in Gen Mobile’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and receive a free phone?
You can participate in Gen Mobile ACP and receive a free phone by visiting Gen Mobile’s official website. The article mentions all the details about the free Gen Mobile phone above.
How do I contact Gen Mobile?
You can contact Gen Mobile customer representative at 1-833-528-1380 or by dialing 611 from Gen Mobile phone.
Can I get a replacement phone from Gen Mobile?
Yes, you can get a replacement from Gen Mobile if you face a malfunction during the warranty period. However, you will only get a replacement if the device has software malfunctions.
Subscribe to Email Updates :