Are you a legal citizen of Idaho and want to know How to Get a FREE Cell Phone in Idaho? If your answer is yes, you’re on the right page.
The given article provides all the information regarding how to secure a free cell phone in Idaho, including eligibility criteria, required documents, application methods, and much more.
Thanks to the Affordable Connectivity Program, Easy Wireless is helping many people in the United States, and now they have started serving their services to Idaho, offering free cell phones to residents of the state.
Please go through the complete article to know all about how to get a free cell phone in Idaho –
How to Get a FREE Cell Phone in Idaho?
To get a free Cell Phone in Idaho, you have to follow these simple steps –
- Visit the official website of Easy Wireless and complete the form by clicking the “Enroll Now” button.
- Provide your email address and postal code to sign up.
- The application process for the ACP then takes no more than a few quick minutes, and you’ll soon be able to communicate via phone, text, and the web.
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The Affordable Connectivity Program is a Government assistance program that provides various services to their eligible customers. If you belong to a low-income household, then you’re eligible for the ACP program.
The program offers a one-time discount on the purchase of a tablet and any other internet-connecting device, such as a laptop, phone, or desktop computer.
The Federal Communications Commission has been running the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) since December 31, 2021, replacing the Emergency Broadband Benefit.
Lifeline Assitance Program
Lifeline Assistance Program is a years-old government assistance program initiated by the Federal Communications Commission ( FCC) in 1985.
Lifeline provides a monthly discount on phone services to eligible families struggling to pay their phone bills. It also provides various services such as free or discounted phones, tablets, laptops, and much more.
Here is a benefits table about the discounts and services provided by both programs.
|Program||Non-tribal households||Tribal land people||Discount||Additional benefits|
|Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)||$30||$75||$30||
One-time discount of $100 to purchase Internet-using devices, contribution of $10-$50 towards the purchase price of Internet-using devices
ACP and Lifeline Rate Plans offered by Easy Wireless
There are two rate plans offered by Easy Wireless: –
- Free Smartphone Plan – If you sign up for this plan, you can receive a brand-new smartphone at no cost. Additionally, you will receive unlimited data, talk & text each month. This package is an excellent option for those who do not yet own a smartphone.
- Free Unlimited Data Plan – With this plan, you can keep using your current phone and number, and A SIM card with unlimited data, calls, and text will be provided to you at no cost. If you need the data available but also want to keep your current phone and number, this is the package for you.
Other features provided in the plan are –
- Caller ID, Call Waiting, and Call Forwarding
- Dial-In Calling
- Message service
- Cost-Free Emergency Response System (911)
- Free 411 Directory Information Service
- Free Helpful 611 Service
- Roaming Within the United States at No Cost
Eligibility to Avail of Benefits of the Program
There are some eligibility requirements to enroll in government assistance programs. Below, we mention the most important assistance program’s eligibility in detail.
Income Based Eligibility
If your family’s yearly income is less than the federal poverty threshold set by your state, you will be eligible for Lifeline assistance.
Income eligibility for Idaho Residents is as follows –
- 1 Member family -$27,180
- 2 Member family -$36,620
- 3 Member family- $46,060
- 4 Member family- $55,500
For each additional family member after this, add $9,440.
Your annual family income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
|Affordable Connectivity Program||
Your household must have an annual income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Program Based Eligibility
You can also be a benefactor of this program if you are already under some government assistance from the following list –
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Pell Grant Awards
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Head Start (only households meeting the qualifying income standard)
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
Required Documents for Free Cell Phone in Idaho
After the eligibility, you must need some documents to secure a free cell phone in Idaho. The documents include your identity proof, address proof, and IDs.
Here’s the table.
Government Assistance Program Participation Proof
How to Apply for Free Cell Phone in Idaho
There are several ways to apply for the free phone in Idaho, and below, we mention the entire application process.
Online Application for ACP
- To apply for the Free Cell Phone in Idaho via ACP, visit https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/.
- Click on the “Apply Now” icon.
- You will be directed to the application of the National Verifier.
- After that, fill out the application form.
- Attach a scanned copy of the necessary documents.
- Review your form and submit it.
- Wait for approval.
Online Application for Lifeline
- To apply via Lifeline, visit https://nv.fcc.gov/lifeline.
- Select your state and territory and click on “Get Started.”
- Now, fill out the application form, including your address, email, phone number, etc.
- Attach a scanned copy of the eligibility documents.
- Submit the application form and wait for approval.
Online Application via EASY Wireless
You can also apply through the official website of Easy Wireless.
- Visit the Easy Wireless official website at https://myeasywireless.com/
- Enter your Zip code or Email to enroll in the Easy Wireless assistance program.
- Follow the prompts to complete the application process.
- Submit your application and wait for approval.
- If approved, Easy Wireless will contact you through your provided mail.
FAQs About Cell Phones in Idaho
Do I have to pay anything?
You will incur absolutely no additional costs or fees to get a free cell phone in Idaho.
Who is Easy Wireless?
For more than 20 years, Easy Wireless has provided Americans with reliable cell phone service, and choosing Easy Wireless can be a safe bet as it is supported by the largest and quickest national network in the United States.
How do I activate my phone?
Using your Easy Wireless phone service is very easy. Free smartphones from EASY Wireless should be fully functional immediately, and you can make the first call immediately after turning it on.
If you purchased the plan that allows you to keep your current phone, you must insert the Easy Wireless universal sim card into your phone and follow the supplied booklet’s instructions.
You may also like –
- Free Cell Phone – No Deposit, No Activation Fee
- How to Apply for Free Government iPhone 11
- How to get a TruConnect Replacement Phone for Free
Subscribe to Email Updates :