This article will provide all the necessary information on Verizon Free tablet through ACP and How to apply for the program.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
Does Verizon Offer Free Tablets Through ACP?
In the effort, the federal government launched the ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) to offer discounts on monthly services. Through ACP, eligible families can receive a monthly internet discount of $35 and up to $75 for Tribal land dwellers.
As an ACP provider, Verizon offers free internet, texts, and minutes. The qualified individual can also get a Verizon free tablet through ACP. However, the tablet is not entirely free.
Verizon offers a one-time discount of $100 to purchase the tablet of your choice and the government requires you to co-pay between $10-$50 toward the purchase.
How To Get Verizon Free Tablet
Verizon is known for offering the best deals for its existing or new customers, whether a phone, internet, or tablet. You can get a Verizon free tablet by qualifying for the ACP program in your state. The complete procedure of getting a Verizon free tablet involves the following steps.
- Check whether Verizon offers ACP benefits in your state.
- Check your eligibility to apply for the ACP program.
- If eligible, collect the essential documents to prove your eligibility.
- Apply for the ACP program at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/
- Once approved, contact Verizon and enroll in their free tablet program.
How To Qualify For Verizon Free Tablet Through ACP
You can qualify for Verizon free tablet through ACP by meeting the program-specific eligibility criteria. The prerequisites to qualify for the program include the following.
- You should be 18 or above.
- You must be a citizen of the state where you apply for a Verizon free tablet.
Upon fulfilling these above conditions, you may check the additional ACP requirements.
The ACP program is specially designed for low-income people. Therefore, you must have an annual income below or at a certain threshold limit set by the government.
- Your annual family income should be below 200% of the federal poverty threshold to qualify for the ACP.
Participation in an Assistance Program
If you fail to qualify for the ACP on your income basis, you can check your or any family member’s participation in any other government assistance program listed below.
- Lifeline Assistance Program
- Head Start
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- FPHA (Federal Public Housing Assistance)
- Tribal TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- Food Distribution on Indian Reservations
- Women, Infant & Child Special Supplemental Nutrition Program
- School Breakfast or Lunch Program
Required Documents For Verizon Free Tablet Through ACP
You must provide some documents to apply for Verizon free tablet through the ACP program. As we mention below-
Any other relevant document showing income demonstrating substantial loss of income –
Government Assistance Program Participation Proof
Verizon Home Plans You Can Use ACP Benefit
You can use your ACP benefit for the following Verizon home plans.
5G Home plan
The Verizon 5G home plan does not mandate you to purchase equipment. The plan has the necessary equipment to access the internet after activation. But it would be if you ensure whether the plan is available in your area. In addition, Verizon Lifeline customers can combine both programs to receive maximum benefits.
LTE Home plan
The LTE Home Internet plan is available for both ACP and Lifeline-eligible individuals. However, the plan does not have any equipment, and you must purchase the router to use the LTE home plan. Verizon provides a router for $240 that can be paid for $10 monthly using the Verizon Payment plan.
If you receive the ACP benefit, you can use your ACP discount to lower the cost of their High-speed internet plan. Moreover, you can request the provider to combine your Lifeline and ACP benefits to lower the cost of your plan.
This plan does not come with equipment, and you must purchase your router or request Verizon to apply an ACP discount on your router charge.
How Do You Activate A Verizon Tablet?
Activating a free Verizon tablet is necessary to use the services. Here, we have provided a guide to activating your Verizon Android and Apple tablets.
Activating Verizon Android Tablets
- Power on your device if your tablet is powered off (press the Power button until the Verizon logo appears).
- Select the appropriate language and Then click “activate.”
- Please allow a few seconds for the activation process to complete.
- Once your device is active and shows 4G in the upper right, click “Settings.”
- Select the “Verizon data” option and Click on the “Select service.”
- Get to Activate and Then click month to month and Activate
- Wait for your device to computer network activation.
- Press the volume up once and then down twice.
- Press the volume up three times and down four times.
- Click on the “Skip” icon.
- Tab skip from the Google account screen.
- Click on the “Skip” if presented with the ‘Wi-Fi’ setup.
- Tap “skip” from the account setup screen.
- Click on the desired location options from the ‘Location Services’ to enable or disable.
- Then click “Next.”
- If you get a disclaimer, review it and tap Agree.
- Click on the “Next.”
- Tap skip from the ‘Backup assistant.’
- Click on “OK” and then “Exit.”
- Finally, select “Begin.”
Activating Apple Tablets on Verizon
As Apple tablets work slightly differently than Android, you should know how to activate Verizon free Apple tablet. If you want additional help, you can contact Verizon support service.
- Charge your tablet fully and power on your device.
- Choose a language and select a country or region.
- Select the “Set up manually” option.
- Select the desired Wi-Fi network, enter the password, and click the “Join” option.
- Review the Data & Privacy info and then click on “continue.”
- Set up Face IF or Touch ID.
- Click the setup option.
- Enter your Apple ID and password. (Create an Apple ID if you don’t have one.).
- Click “Next.”
- Read the Terms and conditions and tap “Agree.”
- To set up your iPad with the recommended settings, click “continue.”
- Click on Continue to get the latest features, security, etc.
- Select Continue and follow the on-screen instructions to set up Apple Pay.
- Click on “continue” to receive weekly reports about your screen time.
- Review the screens and then click continue.
- Swipe up on the display and click on the “get started’ icon to start using your iPad.
Do I Need To Unlock Verizon Tablet
Although you do need to learn how to unlock a Verizon phone, their tablets, on the other hand, do not come with a locked SIM. This means you can use any Verizon tablet with SIM cards offered by other network carriers as long as they offer their Bring Your Device Program.
Top Verizon Free Tablet Devices You May Get
The providers under the ACP do not reveal in advance what tablets they offer to low-income people. The Verizon free tablet models depend on many factors, such as your location, state, availability, etc.
However, every ACP provider offers a good working condition tablet with basic features to assist you in carrying on your daily work efficiently.
You should contact Verizon customer service to inquire about the available tablet models. Some of the Verizon tablets available through ACP include the following.
|Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
8MP rear, 2MP front
|Orbtic Tab 8 5G
8MP front, 13MP rear
|64GB or 256GB
12MP main, 8MP secondary
|CTL Chromebook NL71CT-L
2MP front, 2MP rear
|TCL TAB 8
8MP rear, 5MP front
5MP front, 5MP rear
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G
|4Gb to 8Gb
|64GB or 128GB
|GSM, LTE, 5G
8MP front, 5MP rear
Does Verizon offer tablet deals for seniors?
Currently, Verizon has no specific tablet deals for seniors. However, ACP-qualified seniors can apply for free tablets and internet.
Does the Verizon free internet plan come with a tablet?
It depends on your location and the running campaign. Contact a customer care representative to inquire about the availability of a free tablet in your area.
Are the Verizon ACP tablets completely free?
No. You have to make a co-payment of between $10 and $50 to get the Verizon free device.
Does Verizon offer special data plans for Tablet users?
Verizon offers the same plans for phones and tablets. However, the career also has the ‘Connected devices’ plan options, which allow you to get unlimited for your other device.
How Can I qualify for the Verizon ACP program?
You can qualify for the Verizon tablet if your family income is below 200% of the federal poverty index in your state. You may also qualify for the ACP if you are a beneficiary of any government-aided program such as Lifeline or Medicaid.
Subscribe to Email Updates :