This article will provide you with all the information about AT&T free tablet and how you can get one.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
Does AT&T Offer Free Tablet?
AT&T is one of the country’s largest wireless service providers. Through many promotional deals, AT&T offers discounts on internet connecting devices and free internet services to low-income households, But it doesn’t offer free tablets. However, the company participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
Through this program, AT&T offers a discount of up to $30 and $75(qualified tribal lands) towards internet services and a one-time discount of up to $100 to qualified households to purchase a tablet. But remember that you will have to pay at least $10 to $50 towards the purchase price of the tablet.
How To Get An AT&T Free Tablet
There are several ways you can use to get a free tablet.
- You can get an AT&T free or discounted tablet by qualifying for your state’s ACP program.
- AT&T also runs special deals for low-income people through which it offers internet services and heavy discounts on devices.
- AT&T enables new and existing customers to pay for a new device using monthly installments to make the devices affordable for those lacking the finances to purchase a new one.
- The company also offers several trade-in programs.
Let’s examine how you can qualify for the AT&T ACP program.
How To Qualify For AT&T Free Tablet
To get a tablet from AT&T, you must be eligible and qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
The prerequisites to apply for the ACP program are as follows.
- You must not be less than 18.
- You must hold citizenship of the state where you apply for these programs.
You can check the program-specific eligibility criteria in the next section.
Eligibility For AT&T Free Tablet
The AT&T ACP program has two requirements that you have to fulfill for a tablet.
To qualify for the AT&T ACP program, your annual household income must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines to qualify for the ACP program.
If you cannot qualify for the program on an income basis, you may check your participation in any government-support programs mentioned below.
- Food Stamps/Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program
- School Breakfast or Lunch Program
- FPHA (Federal Public Housing Assistance)
- Food Distribution on Indian Reservations
- Current award year Federal Pell Grant beneficiary
- Head Start
- Tribal TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
AT&T Offers 3 Discount Programs For Free Tablet
There are 3 ways through which AT&T offers its existing and new customers discounted internet services and devices such as smartphones and tablets. Let’s take a look at them.
Affordable Connectivity Program
AT&T participates in the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity program. ACP offers discounts of up to $30 and $75(Qualified Tribal lands) and up to $100 discounts towards purchasing smartphones, laptops, and tablets. To qualify for the ACP, you must meet the following criteria: –
- Your household income must be at or below 200% federal poverty guidelines.
- You must participate in government assistance programs such as Medicaid, SNAP, and Tribal TANF.
Access from AT&T
Access from AT&T provides low-income families with plans up to $30/mo at a speed of 100Mbps, and with the Access and ACP combo, you can get free monthly internet. Apart from the discounted plan, you can also get the following.
- Free Installation
- In-home Wifi
- No annual contract
Lifeline Assistance Program is another federal government support program where AT&T is a major participant. It offers discounts up to $9 and up to $34 towards internet charges.
To qualify for the Lifeline program, your household income must be at or below 135% of the federal poverty guideline.
Here is the Table of AT&T Discount Offers –
|Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)||Household income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines||Up to $30/month discount on internet service||
Free installation, in-home Wi-Fi, no annual contract
|Lifeline Assistance Program||Household income at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines||Up to $9/month discount on internet service||
Up to $34/month discount on phone service
Does AT&T offer free tablet?
AT&T doesn’t offer free tablets. It offers a one-time discount of $100 to purchase devices like tablets, laptops, or desktop computers under the ACP program.
What AT&T free tablets can I get?
AT&T will offer you the tablet in stock at the time of your application. You can contact AT&T customer service to find the devices currently on offer if you are eligible to get ACP benefits. However, customers who register for the AT&T device usually receive
- Samsung Tab A7 Lite
- Samsung Galaxy Chromebook Go.
Who can qualify for the AT&T free tablets?
Anyone eligible for ACP benefits can qualify for the AT&T tablet if the offer is available in your state.
How do I turn on my AT&T free Tablet?
You can turn on your AT&T tablet through the given instructions-
- Press the power key until the screen lights up.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and set up your tablet.
- If your tablet is not turning on, try to charge it.
- Still facing the trouble, contact AT&T customer care at 1-800-331-0500.
Subscribe to Email Updates :