Are you looking for a way to get AT&T Wireless free government phone? If yes then you have stumbled upon the right article.
Being connected is essential in today’s world. Yet, the cost of connection-related goods and services is escalating.
Things have become much more difficult for those with low incomes who struggle to meet their basic requirements. However, the government started offering free phone plans to lessen their burden.
The Lifeline service, launched by the federal government, provides qualified individuals with free or reasonably priced phones and services.
Through a variety of partnering businesses, the initiative indirectly provides these phones. One of the most dependable lifeline providers that keeps connection services affordable for low-income homes is AT&T Wireless.
To those that qualify, the company offers internet and phone services at a discount or for free.
So with this article let me share my personal experine on How to apply for AT&T Wireless free government phone, its eligibility criteria, required documents and more.
So without any further ado lets get started
Reasons Why You Join AT&T Wireless
You have access to a large number of lifeline providers. Why should I join AT&T Wireless among the many? The advantages that make this organization exceptional are listed below.
It provides high data caps
Several inexpensive and budget-friendly unlimited data plans are available from AT&T. Some plans include data limits or deprioritized data.
This indicates that it will likely slow down after utilizing a certain quantity of high-speed data, especially after congestion.
Because of this, AT&T Wireless stands out in the business and offers large data caps, unlike the majority of companies. This makes it simple for you to download your favorite tunes, watch live HD TV, play online games, and stream movies.
Offers broad coverage
The likelihood that you will not have access to the AT&T network is extremely low, no matter where you live.
This is due to the company’s claimed 97% nationwide network coverage. As a result, joining this firm enables you to benefit from the best coverage while away from home or sleeping.
Provides the greatest experience with prepaid
With no annual commitments, credit checks, or activation fees for online orders, ATT offers its clients the finest prepaid independence. The business offers incredible benefits and savings on prepaid packages.
Offers excellent phones
Outstanding new and pre-owned phone options are available from ATT. It provides a wide range of styles, shapes, and functions for all phone brands.
These phones are all powered by GSM, the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network. This offers the greatest voice quality and unmatched worldwide roaming capabilities.
Provides excellent security
Customer security is AT&T’s top concern. The business offers free security tools to safeguard users’ private information, 24/7 built-in network security to thwart any consumer threats, secure browsing, and identity monitoring as part of their unlimited subscriptions.
Has plans that are reasonably priced
A range of reasonably priced individual, family, prepaid, and data plans are available from ATT Cellular. For an illustrative example:
- At about $50 per month when you get 4 lines, AT&T’s unlimited elite plan delivers unlimited texts, calls, high-speed data, and 5G connectivity.
- At only $40 per month per line for four lines, AT&T’s unlimited extra plan provides unlimited everything (text, voice, and data) and 5G access.
- At only $35 per month per line when you purchase 4 lines, AT&T’s Unlimited Starter Plan offers unlimited everything, 5G access, and unlimited everything in Mexico and Canada.
|Plan||Price per line (4 lines)||Features|
Unlimited talk, text, data, 5G, premium data, international roaming
Unlimited talk, text, data, 5G, 15GB hotspot data
Unlimited talk, text, data, 5G, unlimited data in Mexico and Canada
How to Get AT&T Wireless Free Government Phone 2023
AT&T Wireless doesn’t offer free government phone through their Lifeline program participation. However, you can still get discounted phone service from the company.
It is also possible that they will start providing free phones in the future, and for that, you may learn the required steps.
- First, make sure you qualify for the AT&T Lifeline program. Check if you qualify by visiting “https://www.att.com/wirelesslifeline/”
- Now collect all the necessary documents to prove your eligibility.
- Complete your AT&T application form available in their official website.
Note: AT&T is currently offering free tablet through the ACP program to apply read our guide on “How To Get An AT&T Free Tablet”
The process to receive AT&T Wireless free government phone
Receiving an ATT Wireless free government phone is a very simple and quick process. However, the method varies from one state to another. For depiction:
- If you reside in Texas, you may apply by contacting 866.454.8387, completing their online application at texaslifeline.org, or mailing your application to their physical location.
- Oregon residents can apply online at puc.state.or.us/Pages/rspf/otap.aspx or by calling the Oregon lifeline at 855.761.7994 for support.
- Get your free phone in California by dialing 800.288.2020 on weekdays from 6 AM to 6 PM PDT.
- If you are from South Dakota, a resident of one of the Pine Ridge reservations, and a member of the Pine Ridge Oglala Sioux tribe, you can visit one of the Rushmore Crossing AT&T stores for assistance in receiving your free AT&T phone. 1325 Eglin Street, Suite 200, Rapid City, SD 57701 is where you may find this.
- Apply online at nationalverifier.servicenowservices.com/lifeline to receive an ATT wireless free government phone if you live outside of Texas, California, Oregon, Puerto Rico, South Dakota, and the US Virgin Islands. For assistance, you can also call 866.512.1105 from 8 AM to 8 PM on weekdays.
How do I Qualify for AT&T Lifeline Program
Given that the AT&T Lifeline program provides affordable phone and internet services, it’s advisable to be aware that not all US citizens are eligible for these advantages. As a result, there are a lot of qualifications to fulfill.
These specifications differ from state to state. So, before submitting an application for the AT&T Lifeline Program, you should validate your eligibility with your state. The qualifications that apply in all states are shown below.
Considering your income
If you come from a low-income household, you can apply here. The income limit is established at 135% of the federal poverty level. Please take note that these requirements differ between states.
Check your state’s eligibility by consulting the federal poverty guidelines.
Based on government-sponsored aid initiatives
If you or any member of your home receives government assistance, you are eligible for this.
- Supplemental nutrition assistance programs,
- Supplemental Security Income
- Veteran’s pension and survivors benefits
- Federal public housing assistance
- Tribal programs on recognized tribal territories are a few of these initiatives.
Additional Qualification Requirements
In order to be eligible for an ATT-free government phone, you must:
- Must be an ATT internet client in good standing at an acceptable location.
- Must meet the minimal service requirements of the Lifeline Program and have subscribers to an eligible plan.
- Your lifeline discount must be renewed yearly, or you risk losing it.
- The person must not be receiving lifeline discounts from another lifeline provider.
Documents You Need for AT&T Lifeline Program
You must submit a number of supporting documentation with your application for AT&T Wireless lifeline program to recieve a free government phone. This serves as identification and eligibility proof.
You must include copies of the documents you attach as verification of your eligibility if you meet the requirement. For instance:
- Paystubs for three consecutive months
- Your most recent federal, state, or tribal tax return
Based on government aid program documents
- Award letter for federal housing assistance
- Cover letter for a Medicaid card or any other government assistance program that provides supplemental security income benefits.
Birth certificate, driver’s license, or state identification card.
Application Process for AT&T Lifeline Program Approval
Customer can apply and recieve AT&T Lifeline program approval in two ways.
- Online Application
- Mail Application
You can follow the steps below to apply only for AT&T lifeline program
- Open your browser and visit “https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=nv_home&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D”
- Choose your state and click on “Get Started”
- Now complete an application form at National Verifier.
- Attach the scanned copies of your eligibility documents.
- Finally submit the application.
- Once approved contact AT&T to enroll in their services.
Although online application method is really simple but few people still prefer an paper application. Just for them AT&T provides an mail in application form for Lifeline program.
- To apply via mail download and take print out of application available at “https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/lifeline/pdf/PuertoRico-Application-EN.pdf”
- Fill out the application form.
- Take print out of your eligibility documents and attach them with application form.
- Now send the application to AT&T Lifeline Services, PO Box 192830, San Juan, PR 00919-2830.
What Kind of Government Phone is AT&T Wireless Giving for Free?
AT&T Wireless Lifeline does not provide free government phones. In its place, it offers lifeline savings on landline and wireless internet services. On the other hand, do not give up if you want an ATT-free phone.
As there may be chances of AT&T offering free government phones in near future and then you can expect to get the following models.
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone SE
- Apple iPhone 11
- Alcatel OneTouch A30
- ANS UL40
- Coolpad Dash
- GreatCall Jitterbug Flip2
- LG Aristo 2
- Moto E (2020)
- Nokia G20
- Samsung Galaxy A13
- Tracfone TCL A3
- ZTE Blade A7 Prime
- Alcatel Go Flip
- LG Xpression C395
- ZTE Z233VL
- Samsung Galaxy J2
- LG Rebel 4
- Coolpad Legacy
- HTC Desire 555
- Nokia 3310 3G
- Alcatel MyFlip
- LG Journey LTE
- Kyocera Cadence LTE
- TCL LX
- Alcatel Dawn
- ZTE Quest Plus
- Blu Dash L3
AT&T also has additional promotions that give free phones to new and current customers in exchange for the trade-in of an eligible device.
Comparison Table of Top 4 AT&T free Government Phone – World Wire Pick
Here is a table
|Storage||64GB, 128GB, 256GB||64GB, 128GB||32GB||32GB, 128GB|
|13MP wide||12MP wide|
|OS||iOS 16||Android 13||Android 12||iOS 15|
|Face ID||Side-mounted||Rear-mounted||Home button|
Providers offering free government phone
Evene if AT&T Wireless is not offering free government phone, but we still care about our readers. Apart from AT&T there are many Lifeline providers availabe that offer free government phones.
Please click on your prefered provider to apply for a free government phone.
- SafeLink Wireless
- Access Wireless
- Copper Valley Wireless
- Assist Wireless
- Consumer Cellular
- Life Wireless
- Excess Telecom
What exactly does AT&T Wireless Free Government Phone program entail?
The ATT Wireless Free Government Phone program is a Lifeline Help program that offers qualifying low-income households free cell phones and airtime minutes.
Who individuals are qualified for the AT&T Wireless Free Government Phone program?
You must participate in one of the following assistance programs to be eligible for the AT&T Wireless Free Government Phone program: SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefits, FPHA, and many more.
If your household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines and you are not currently enrolled in any of the aforementioned programs, you may still be eligible for the AT&T Wireless Free Government Phone program.
Where can I submit an application for the AT&T Wireless Free Phone program?
Visit www.att.com/lifeline or dial 1-800-937-8997 to submit an application for the ATT Wireless Free Government Phone program.
How can I get my AT&T Wireless Free Government Phone?
You can choose from a variety of AT&T Wireless phones once you’ve been accepted into the ATT Wireless Free Government Phone program. Your phone will then be sent to you free of charge by AT&T Wireless.
How much is the AT&T Wireless Free Government Phone usage fee?
The ATT Wireless Free Government Phone has no recurring fees or monthly expenses. However, some fees could be incurred, like as long-distance or directory help fees. These fees will be identified clearly on your recurring statement.
Subscribe to Email Updates :