Are you a SNAP beneficiary and wondering if you can get an Assurance Wireless EBT Phone? If Yes, Then you have stumbled at the right place.
Assurance Wireless is a government service provider that offers many exciting offers, such as free monthly data, unlimited text, talk time, and smartphones for free to its eligible customers.
This article covers a detailed guide on getting and applying for an Assurance Wireless EBT phone, its eligibility, qualification, and more.
So, let’s delve further to learn more about it.
What are SNAP and EBT?
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), which was earlier known as the Food Stamp Program, is the nation’s most important anti-hunger program.
It offers nutritional support to low-budget working families and people with disabilities living on a limited income so they can buy healthy food and take one step forward toward self-sufficiency.
Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) is an electronic system that lets SNAP participants pay for food.
The benefits delivery system allows CalFresh, CalWORKS, and other program beneficiaries to use a card, like a debit card, to avail their food and cash profit. EBT is one of the unique ways of SNAP distribution in all states of the United States.
Can I get an Assurance Wireless free phone through EBT program?
You can Apply for Assurance Wireless free government phone through the EBT program. Assurance Wireless offers these free phones through government assistance Lifeline and ACP program.
SNAP is one of the eligible programs for Lifeline and ACP so that customers can apply directly for free Assurance Internet and a phone through Assurance Wireless.
How to Get an Assurance Wireless EBT Phone?
Getting an Assurance Wireless EBT phone is very easy, as it doesn’t take more than a few minutes.
You can follow the steps given below to apply for the same –
- Head over to the official website of Assurance Wireless.
- Fill in your ZIP code in the box.
- Now, click on “Apply Now.“
- Fill in all the asked details such as personal information, eligibility, etc.
- Now, attach a copy of the document proving your income or federal program eligibility.
- After completing the application form, you can easily select the free Android phone.
- Once your application process is complete, You can check your Assurance Wireless Application status by visiting their official website or contacting customer service.
- You will get your smartphone within 21-28 business days.
Who Qualifies for An Assurance Wireless EBT Phone?
You are qualified to get an Assurance Wireless free internet and smartphone if you receive SNAP.
Customers can also receive a free smartphone from Assurance Wireless if they meet the Lifeline and ACP program eligibility criteria.
Here are the eligibility criteria for Lifeline
- Your annual income must be below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines
- You can also look for participation in any of the programs mentioned below.
- Food Stamps / SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income standard)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
Here are the eligibility criteria for the Affordable Connectivity Program
- Your annual household income must be below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Participation in any of the assistance programs mentioned below
- Lifeline-qualified programs mentioned above
- Federal Pell Grant
Note – If you’ve passed the given eligibility criteria, you can also acquire an Assurance Wireless Free Tablet with the help of these government assistance programs.
Documents Required Assurance Wireless EBT Phone
Apart from your SNAP benefits statements, you must provide the following documents.
To prove your low income, you can provide the following documents
- Current income statement
- Paycheck stub
- Divorce decree
- Unemployment / Workers Compensation statement of benefitsPension/ retirement statement of benefits
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
Program Participation Documents
If applying on an assistance program basis, you must provide the following documents.
- Approval approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits
Other than eligibility documents, you also have to provide valid documents to prove your identity and address
- U.S. driver’s license
- Birth Certificate
- Government-issued, state, military, or Tribal ID
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number document
- Utility bill
- Lease/mortgage statement
- Permanent resident card
How to set up and activate New Assurance Wireless EBT Phone
To set up and activate the new Assurance Wireless Free phone, follow the steps mentioned below –
- Firstly, make sure your phone is fully charged before you start it.
- Now, press your device’s power key and wait a minute to turn the device on.
- Activate the phone with the help of the Assurance Wireless activation code, which will be given to you when you get the phone.
- Your device will update the PRL.
- Once it’s done, click on the option OK.
- Your phone will get activated in a few hours; you can use free minutes and data once it is activated.
If you face any problem activating your Assurance Wireless phone, you can contact customer service via their website or phone for help.
Other EBT Benefits For Assurance Wireless Subscribers
Assurance Wireless doesn’t offer the same plans in each state. The benefits you get will depend on the area you live in.
However, Assurance Wireless qualified Lifeline and ACP subscribers can get many other amazing and exciting benefits.
These are –
- Unlimited monthly talk time for free
- Free unlimited monthly text messages
- Free monthly data up to 10 GB
- Other benefits such as caller ID, voicemail, emergency calls, etc.
Here is the table of Other EBT Benefits For Assurance Wireless Subscribers –
|Unlimited monthly talk time||
You can talk to anyone in the United States for free if they are also on a participating carrier.
|Free unlimited monthly text messages||
You can send and receive text messages to anyone in the United States for free, as long as they are also on a participating carrier.
|Free monthly data up to 10 GB||
You can use up to 10 GB of monthly data for free on your smartphone or tablet. This data can be used for things like browsing the internet, checking email, and using social media.
Your ACP plans, such as caller ID, voicemail, and emergency calls, may also benefit you.
List of Available Assurance Wireless EBT Phone Models
Assurance Wireless offers its customers basic phone models with all the basic features needed for making calls, sending texts, and the access of the internet.
Below is the list of available EBT phone models that Assurance Wireless is currently offering –
- ANS Artia
- ANS Rapidz
- Alcatel Dawn
- ZTE Prestige 2
- ZTE Quest
- ZTE Quest Plus
- ZTE Tempo X
- Motorola Moto G Pure
- Moxee m2160
- REVVL 4
- REVVL 4 Plus
- ZTE Prestige 2
- ZTE Quest
If you qualify for an EBT phone, you may also be eligible to receive a free tablet with EBT.
Comparison Table of Assurance Wireless EBT Phone Models
Here is a table.
|REVVL 4 Plus||Alcatel Dawn||ZTE Quest
|6.5 inches||6.8 inches||6.26 inches||6.52 inches|
|Resolution||720 x 1600 pixels||720 x 1600 pixels||720 x 1600 pixels||720 x 1600 pixels|
|Android 11||Android 11||Android 11||Android 11|
FAQs About Wireless EBT Phone Models
Does Assurance Wireless provide a phone?
Yes, Assurance Wireless provides a free smartphone with 250 free voice minutes and free text each month to its qualified customers.
Does Assurance Wireless have 5G coverage?
Yes, it offers 5G coverage in many states, but you must have 5G-compatible phones to use the 5G network. Currently, it doesn’t offer a free Government 5G phone.
How is SNAP eligibility determined?
SNAP eligibility is mainly determined by household income and certain expenses.
Subscribe to Email Updates :