Are you looking for a way to get 10 dollar tablet from the government? If yes, then you have stumbled upon the right article.
A few weeks back, one of my friend introduced me to the government initiative programs, which offer low- Income college students a discount of $100 to purchase a brand-new tablet from the ACP service providers.
In this article, I will cover all the detailed information about these programs that helps you get 10 dollar tablet, its eligibility criteria, required documents, and the Application Process.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
Ways To Get 10 Dollar Tablet From the Government
There are different ways to get a 10 dollar tablet from the government, depending on where you live and the specific programs available in your area.
Two of these most popular programs are –
Lifeline Assistance Program provides free government phones to low-income individuals and US households. Even though you can’t get a 10 dollar government tablet directly, the Lifeline program makes you eligible for the ACP program, by which you can claim your $10 tablet from the government.
Affordable Connectivity Program
The government launched the Affordable Connectivity Program on December 31st, 2021. This program helps low-income Americans or those who benefit from government assistance programs such as Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, or Tribal Head.
If you are eligible for the ACP program, you can claim your $100 ACP discount by paying 10 dollar co-pay for the government tablet.
Note: If you don’t want to make a co-pay of $10, you can apply for the government tablet through Moolah Wireless to get it for free.
10 Dollar Government Tablet Through ACP Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a government initiative to provide affordable broadband internet access and devices to low-income households. One of the benefits of this program is the provision of tablets to eligible households for a co-pay cost of $10 to $50.
Here’s how you can access the program –
You must meet certain eligibility requirements to qualify for the ACP program. These requirements vary depending on where you live.
However, most commonly, your household must have an income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level, or anyone in your family should be enrolled in certain government assistance programs. Check with your local service provider or visit the FCC website to see if you qualify.
Apply for the Program
Once you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the ACP program by visiting https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D or through your internet service provider. Service providers participating in the program will have a specific application process, so follow their instructions carefully.
Process For 10 Dollar Government Tablet Through ACP Program
If you are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and want to apply for the same, these are the methods you can follow –
- You can apply by visiting nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true.
- Enter your ZIP code, territory, or state name, then click the Get Started button.
- It will take you to the application form. Provide necessary information and upload necessary documentation.
- Acknowledge the application and cross-check all the information.
- Submit your application.
Once submitted, wait for a couple of days for the confirmation. You will be notified whether you
- Visit affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf to download the ACP form in English.
- After that, visit affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf and then download the Household Worksheet.
- Once you download these forms, print them.
- Fill out the form and attach all the copies of documents proving your eligibility and personal identity.
- After that, mail the document to ACP Support Center by post.
Apply via the participating provider
Check with your internet service provider to see if they participate in the ACP program. You may need to switch providers to access the program if they don’t.
Providers That Offer 10 Dollar Government Tablet Through ACP
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a government initiative to provide affordable broadband internet access and devices to low-income households. The program is being rolled out gradually, and not all internet service providers are participating yet.
Here are some providers that currently participate in the ACP program –
- City Communications
- Assurance Wireless
- Maxsip Telecom
- QLink Wireless
- Go Technology Management
- Excess Telecom
- StandUp Wireless
Basic Specification of a 10 Dollar Government Tablet
The basic specifications of this tablet provided through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) may vary depending on the manufacturer and model of the tablet.
However, the tablets provided through the program are expected to meet certain minimum standards for performance and functionality.
Here are the basic specifications you can expect –
- Screen size: 7 to 10 inches
- Display resolution: 1024 x 600 pixels or higher
- Operating system: Android 9 or higher
- Processor: Quad-core processor or higher
- RAM: 4 GB or higher
- Storage: 64 GB or higher (expandable via microSD card)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and possibly cellular connectivity (depending on the model)
- Battery life: 5 hours or more
- Front and rear-facing cameras: At least 2 MP resolution
- Pre-installed educational and digital literacy resources
|7 to 10 inches
1024 x 600 pixels or higher
Android 9 or higher
Quad-core processor or higher
|4 GB or higher
64 GB or higher (expandable via microSD card)
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and possibly cellular connectivity (depending on the model)
|5 hours or more
|Front and rear-facing cameras
At least 2 MP resolution
|Pre-installed educational and digital literacy resources
If I don’t get a 10 dollar government tablet, what should I do?
If you are not eligible for or unable to receive a 10 dollar Government tablet through the Affordable Connectivity Program, other ways to obtain a tablet at an affordable price are –
- Buy a used or refurbished tablet.
- Look for discounts and promotions.
- Check if a carrier provides a free tablet when you switch to their network.
- Check if you can get a tablet for cheap by trade-in programs.
What is the Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Affordable Connectivity Program is a government initiative to provide low-income households with affordable broadband internet and devices.
How can I apply for the ACP program?
You can apply for the ACP program through participating internet service providers or directly through the Universal Service Administrative Company.
Can I use a $10 government tablet for work or business purposes?
Yes. You can use these government tablets for work or business purposes. You cannot resell them.
Subscribe to Email Updates :