If you are eligible, you may receive a free Samsung Galaxy Note from the government through its many assistance programs.
The Samsung Galaxy Note is a popular smartphone known for its large screen, powerful processor, and S Pen stylus. However, it can be expensive to purchase.
So without any further ado, let’s find out how you can get this amazing device from the government for free.
Does the Government Offer Free Samsung Galaxy Note?
Yes, the government offers a free Samsung Galaxy Note. However, these devices are not directly offered by the Government or Samsung.
These are provided by many service providers that participate in government assistance Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Both programs offer wireless services and devices to bridge the digital gap between people.
Not just the Samsung Galaxy Note series, some participating providers may even help you to get other variants of free Samsung Phones, and if you are lucky enough, you may get a free Samsung tablet as a part of an ACP program.
How to get a Free Government Samsung Galaxy Note
You can get a free Government Samsung Galaxy Note by following the steps below.
- First, make sure you are eligible for the Lifeline and ACP programs.
- Once you have made sure that you are eligible, you can look for Lifeline or ACP service providers offering Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Once you have located the provider, ask them about the application process. Some providers may provide you application form on their official website, or for some providers, you may need to apply for Lifeline at “https://www.lifelinesupport.org/” and for ACP at “https://www.fcc.gov/acp.”
- Fill out the necessary application form available on the provider’s website.
- Attach the required documents and click on submit
- Wait for the approval
- Once approved, you will recieve your Samsung Galaxy Note in the mail.
How to Qualify for Free Government Samsung Galaxy Note
To qualify, you may need to meet certain eligibility criteria for Lifeline or ACP program to recieve a Samsung Galaxy Note. Generally, eligibility for these programs is based on annual income or other program participation. In addition, you may need to provide some documents to prove your eligibility.
Let’s look at the next section to learn more about the eligibility criteria and documents you may need to provide.
Eligibility for free Government Samsung Galaxy Note
- For Lifeline, your annual household income must be below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Your annual household income for ACP must be below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
If you don’t qualify on an income basis, you may qualify if you or your family member participate in any government programs mentioned below.
- Food distribution program on Indian reservations or Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance
- Special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants, and children
- Free and reduced-price school lunch program or school breakfast program
- Supplemental security income
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Federal Pell Grant
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program SNAP or Food Stamps
- Federal public housing assistance, Veterans pension, and survivors’ benefit
Note: Lifeline participants are already eligible for the ACP program. If you apply for a free Samsung Galaxy Note from an ACP provider, you can enroll directly as a Lifeline beneficiary.
Document for Free Government Samsung Galaxy Note
Since a free device from the Government can invite scammers trying to abuse the government assistance program, the applicant has to provide various documents to prove their eligibility.
It is because this assistance is only available to applicants who cannot afford a phone or internet services. Thus, the applicants have to provide some vital information and valid documents to determine their eligibility according to their program participation or income.
- Identity Verification: You must submit an official document stating your full legal name and age to confirm your identity. The documents might include, Government assistance program document, a U.S. driver’s license, a valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID, a Permanent Resident Card or Green Card, a passport, a birth certificate, or a Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization.
- Address Verification: Verify your address by providing an official document such as a valid government, state, or Tribal ID, utility bill, mortgage or lease statement, driver’s license, or most recent W-2 or tax return.
- Official Document for Emancipated minors: Emancipated minors should provide documents such as an emancipation certificate or document from the court to verify.
- Proof of Government Assistance Program Participation: Provide documents such as a benefit award letter, statement of benefits, approval letter, benefits verification letter, or school documentation that has your legal name in full, the issuing institution’s name, the program name, and the date of issue with an expiration date.
- Low-Income Proof: To state your income, you can provide documents such as Provide paycheck stubs, A Social Security statement of benefits, Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, Current income statement from your current employer
Veterans Administration Statement of Benefits, A retirement/pension statement of benefits, Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits, Child support award, Divorce Decree
Note: It is always recommended not to submit the original documents to ensure their safety. You can submit them by making digital copies or submitting physical copies via mail.
Providers offer Government Samsung Galaxy Note
Currently, only 2 known companies offer free Government Samsung Galaxy Note models.
NewPhone Wireless is both Lifeline and ACP provider that offers a free Samsung Galaxy Note, and eligible customers can also get a free iPhone from Newphone Wireless. If you don’t get a smartphone from the company, they also offer NewPhone Wireless free tablets to ACP-eligible customers. You can apply for their program by visiting “https://newphone.com/apply”
AirTalk Wireless is another well-known service provider that participates in both Lifeline and ACP and offers customers free Samsung Galaxy Note phones, discounted tablets, and free phone services to its customers. Currently, they are offering a brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on their website, and you can apply for it by visiting “https://airtalkwireless.com/phone/detail/57”
Apart from NewPhone and Airtalk Wireless, other Lifeline/ACP providers offer free phones under the program. However, they do not reveal the exact model or the device you will recieve from them. Some of these providers are:
- Cintex Wireless: This company is affiliated with NewPhone and AirTalk, so they are likely to offer a Samsung Galaxy Note
- StandUp Wireless
- Life Wireless
- enTouch Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- Assist Wireless
- Access Wireless
Free Government Samsung Galaxy Note Models Available
These are the free Government Samsung Galaxy Note available for the qualifying Lifeline and ACP members:
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Note 20 Ultra
What Are The Features Of The Free Government Samsung Galaxy Note?
Samsung Galaxy Note offers many great features, such as a large battery, a high-quality camera with features like optical image stabilization, multiple lenses, and support for taking photos under different light conditions. It also offers an S Pen that allows users to use the device for hassle-free interaction, writing, and drawing. In addition, This device enhances user productivity with the functions like DeX support and split-screen multitasking functionality.
Which Samsung Galaxy Note Models Are Currently Available under Lifeline or ACP?
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is the only model available currently. It is available at AirTalk Wireless to eligible customers.
Is It Possible To Get A Free Samsung Galaxy Note Directly From Samsung?
Since Samsung manufactures smartphones and is not a wireless service provider, you cannot expect them to provide smartphones for free. It is the Lifeline or ACP program through which you can secure one.
Can I Get A Free Government Samsung Tablet?
Yes, along with smartphones, customers are also eligible for a tablet. However, one has to co-pay an amount that ranges between $10 to $50.
How Long Does It Take To Get A Free Samsung Galaxy Note?
The application process is quick, but National Verifier and the provider will review your application as soon as they receive which can take time. You might receive the smartphone within a matter of days if your application gets approved.
Subscribe to Email Updates :