Are you seeking a way to get a free iPhone 12 Pro Max from the government? If yes, then you have stumbled upon the right article.
The iPhone 12 Pro Max is the most recently launched iPhone model with the best technology and the latest features.
Like every iPhone, it is also one of the most expensive models. Unfortunately, the iPhone 12 Pro Max is out of reach for many low-income people due to financial constraints.
However, low-income households may wonder how to get it for free through the government.
The United States government provides free phones and discounted internet using devices like tablets, laptops, and internet services under many assistance programs administered by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Such as Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). These services and devices are offered through the participating service providers.
Besides these, many programs offer free government iPhones to low-income eligible people. These include housing assistance, medical assistance, food assistance, etc.
This article will enquire whether you can get a free government iPhone 12 Pro Max, its eligibility criteria, required documents, and the application process.
So, without further ado, let’s begin.
Top 4 Program Offering Free Government iPhone 12 Pro Max
Here are the Top 4 Programs.
Lifeline Assistance Program
Lifeline Assistance is an old federal government program running since 1985. Under this program, the government offers a monthly discount of $9.25 on non-tribal lands and $34.95 on tribal lands for monthly wireless services.
Many wireless service providers are enrolled in this program, offering benefits such as free smartphones, including iPhone 12 pro max.
Affordable Connectivity Program
This program offers a monthly discount of $30 on non-tribal lands and $75 on tribal lands for monthly wireless services.
In addition, eligible low-income people can also apply for a one-time $100 ACP discount to purchase tablets and other internet-connected devices such as laptops or desktop computers.
Some providers also offer free iPhones, including a government 12 pro max under the ACP program.
National Lifeline Association
NLA is a nonprofit organization offering low-income people help with their monthly internet services. This nonprofit organization also offers internet-connected devices, which can include a free iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Connect America Fund
Connect America Fund is another federal government program just like Lifeline and ACP. However, this program directly provides funds to broadband companies so they can make technology more affordable in rural areas.
Can I get a Free Government iPhone 12 Pro Max?
The government helps low-income people through many programs. Amongst them, Lifeline and ACP programs assist these people in getting free iPhone Government Phone and discounted internet services.
Lifeline discounts monthly phone, cell phone, and internet services, while the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) discounts monthly broadband services and connected devices.
Most participating providers under Lifeline and ACP offer mid-range Android smartphones. However, there are a few providers that offer free government iPhones.
The iPhone 12 Pro Max is the recent Apple iPhone. Can you get it for free from the government? The answer is no.
Currently, no government assistance programs do not offer free government iPhone 12 Pro Max. However, you may get a free government iPhone 12 Pro Max in the near future when the model gets older.
Apple keeps launching new models, so the iPhone 12 Pro Max is sure to get outdated within 4-5 years or less.
In that case, Lifeline and ACP providers might start offering the iPhone 12 Pro Max as a free government iPhone.
Also, Upgrade to the next generation of smartphones with a free government iPhone 13. This state-of-the-art device provides cutting-edge features and is easy to use.
How To Qualify for a Free Government iPhone 12 Pro Max?
You can qualify for a Free Government iPhone 12 Pro Max by participating in Lifeline and ACP programs. To participate in these programs, you must fulfill certain strict eligibility conditions to get a free government iPhone.
Eligibility Requirements for free Government iPhone 12 Pro Max
Government programs such as Lifeline and ACP require certain prerequisites in order to be eligible. Embrace these valuable resources and use them to secure the support you deserve. With our guide, you’ll be able to easily navigate the application process, as it provides clear explanations.
- You must have completed your 18 years or be an emancipated minor.
- You must be a citizen of one of the states where your selected service provider provides services.
If you fulfill these two conditions, you may seek other eligibility for a free iPhone.
If you are applying through the Lifeline program for iPhone 12 Pro Max, you must fulfill any eligibility the below.
1. Income eligibility
- For Lifeline: Your annual family income should be at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- For ACP: Your annual family income should be at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
2. Program eligibility
You or any family members participate in any government assistance program listed below.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)/ Food Stamps
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only for households meeting the qualifying income standard)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Poor Families (Tribal TANF)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
If you apply through the ACP program to get a free government iPhone 12 Pro Max, you can look for the participation in the following program
- You or any family member should be a participant in any of the government assistance programs listed above.
- Your family member participates in the
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Your household receives the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including in the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Your household received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
Documents Required for Applying for a Free Government iPhone 12 Pro Max
Once you become eligible to get a free iPhone by any eligibility listed above, you must be able to prove your eligibility by providing certain valid documents that verify you meet the program’s requirements.
You must produce a supporting document depending on your eligibility for a free iPhone 12 Pro Max.
If you qualify for a free iPhone on a low-income basis, you must provide a valid document showing your name, income, etc. You may submit a copy of any of the following:
- Current income statement from your employer
- Paycheck stubs
- Previous year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Unemployment Compensation statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration Statement of Benefits
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Child support award
- Divorce decree
Program Participation Documents
If you qualify, apply for a free government iPhone 12 Pro Max through any government program participation.
You will have to submit a copy of the document that shows your participation and contains your name, program name, date of issue of a certificate, name of the organization issuing a certificate, etc.
Acceptable documents are :
- Government Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
Age & Identity Documents
You may need public documents to verify your name, address, or age while applying for a free iPhone 12 Pro Max.
In that case, you must have a copy of the following documents.
- Birth Certificate
- A valid official government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- U.S. Driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Certificate of emancipation
How to Apply for a Free Government iPhone 12 Pro Max?
Follow these simple steps to enjoy the benefits of a free iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Find a service provider in your residence that offers a free government iPhone under the government assistance program.
- Ensure you fulfill eligibility conditions for the government assistance program through which you apply for a free government iPhone 12 pro max.
- You must prove eligibility by providing certain documentation.
- Finally, apply for a free iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Wait for your provider’s approval or rejection of your application for a free government iPhone.
You can check your eligibility for a free iPhone 12 Pro Max and the needed documents from the above sections.
We will discuss here the last step: applying for a free government iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- You may apply Online
- You can apply via mail
- You can apply directly through your selected service provider.
Please follow the steps below to apply through the Lifeline or ACP programs for a free iPhone 12 Pro Max:
- Visit nv.fcc.gov/lifeline for a lifeline program and nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&amp;amp;ebbp=true for the ACP program.
- Select your state and click on “Get started.”
- Please create your account if you are a first-time applicant.
- You will be reflected in the online application form for the Lifeline and ACP program to get a free government iPhone.
- Complete the application form by providing the necessary details and documentation.
- At the end of each page, click “Next.”
- After completion, finally submit your application.
Apply via mail:
Alternatively, you can apply for a free government iPhone 12 Pro Max via mail. Look for the steps below to do so:
- Take a print of the Lifeline application available at lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf.
- You can print the ACP application at affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf.
- If applying through the ACP program, you should include a Household Worksheet available on the link below. affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf.
- Fill up these forms and attach copies of your eligibility documentation
- Send your application to Lifeline/ACP Support Center, P.O. Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
Apply through the Service Provider:
In addition, you can apply for a free government iPhone directly through your selected service provider.
You can see the steps below for the same:
- First, find a service provider offering a free government iPhone under Lifeline/ACP programs in your residence.
- Visit the provider’s website to apply for Lifeline/ACP benefits for a free iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Fill up their application form and submit the proper documents to support your eligibility.
- Finally, wait for your provider’s response.
- You will receive a free government iPhone 12 pro max at your registered address if selected.
- You may reapply for a free government iPhone if your application is rejected.
- You can also apply through your selected provider offline by visiting their office and filling out the application form directly with their aid.
Free government iPhones that are available under the Lifeline/ACP programs
Though currently, the government does not offer a free iPhone 12 Pro Max under any government-aided programs, it offers a variety of iPhones for low-income groups through some service providers under Lifeline and ACP programs. Although the providers do not reveal the iPhone models they offer in advance, you may expect to get any free government iPhone from the listed models:
- Apply for Apple iPhone 6
- Apply for Apple iPhone 6s
- Apply for Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone iPhone X
- Apply for Apple iPhone SE
- Apply for Apple iPhone 7
- Apply for Apple iPhone 7 Plus
- Apply for Apple iPhone 8
Features and Benefits of Free iPhone 12 Pro Max
You can enjoy the features of the free iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- You can stay connected with your loved one through calls, SMS, and social media
- Unemployed people can look for new job opportunities.
- If you are a student, you can learn more using online educational tools.
- You can click great pictures and record the memories of loved moments.
Apart from all these benefits, you can also enjoy the iPhone 12 Pro Max’s amazing specifications.
|Display||6.7-inch Super Retina XDR OLED|
|Processor||Apple A14 Bionic chip|
|Storage||128GB, 256GB, or 512GB|
|Rear camera||12MP wide, 12MP ultrawide, and 12MP telephoto lenses with 5x optical zoom|
|Front Camera||12MP TrueDepth camera|
|Battery||Up to 20 hours of video playback|
|Operating system||iOS 16|
|Dimensions||160.8 mm x 78.1 mm x 7.4 mm|
Service Providers that offer Free Government iPhone 12 Pro max
Many companies offer a free iPhone 12 Pro Max under the Lifeline and ACP programs. We have mentioned a few best providers that participate in government programs to help eligible low-income people access the internet and free government iPhones:
- StandUp Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- AirTalk Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- Assist Wireless
- QLink Wireless
- True Wireless
- Safelink Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Copper Valley Wireless
- feel safe Wireless
- Infiniti Mobile
- Life Wireless
- SafetyNet Wireless
- Sprocket Wireless
- Tag Mobile
- Tempo Communications
- Terracom Wireless
Apple iPhones are the most popular smartphones due to their durability, reliability, powerful technology, and some of the most advanced features not seen in other smartphones.
However, only a few people can afford to have such expensive iPhones. But, the government helps financially distressed people to get a few an iPhone for free under lifetime and ACP assistance programs.
Though, at present, a free government iPhone 12 Pro Max is not available under any government support programs, you may expect to get a free iPhone 12 Pro Max soon.
Hopefully, our ultimate guide on how to get a free government iPhone 12 Pro Max will help you learn the entire process.
Can I Get a Free Government iPhone?
Yes, You can get a free government iPhone if you have qualified for the Lifeline Program and ACP.
Is it possible to get an iPhone 12 Pro Max Free?
It’s impossible, but you may get the iPhone 12 Pro Max for free from the Lifeline and ACP service providers in a few years.
Can I get a free iPad from the government?
Yes, Under the ACP program, you may recieve a $100 discount to purchase a new Apple iPad from participating service providers.
Signup For Our Newsletter