There was a recent claim made by former US President Donald Trump and many others including officials and citizens. The claim stated voter fraud after the rerun of two critical Senate races in the state of Georgia. The Georgia Secretary of State’s office was recently charged. It claimed to conduct fraudulent elections and investigating allegations of election and voter fraud. There were widespread baseless declarations that Dominion voting machines have been manipulated and hampered to engineer electoral fraud.
What Happened in Georgia 2020 Election?
Donald Trump tweeted the following regarding the incident “Reports are coming out of the 12th Congressional District of Georgia that Dominion Machines are not working in certain Republican Strongholds for over an hour. Ballots are being left in lockboxes, hopefully, they count them.”
The tweet gained much traction on the social media site Twitter and was retweeted more than 45,000 times. “Looks like they are setting up a big ‘voter dump’ against the Republican candidates. Waiting to see how many votes they need?” read another tweet by then President Mr Donald Trump.
Gabriel Sterling, the official in charge of Georgia’s voting systems, said there had been a problem in one county due to “a programming error on security keys” but that it was settled hours before the president made the unverified comments.
Mr Sterling, replying to the earlier tweet of the President tweeted: “The, votes of everyone will be protected and counted. Sorry, you received old intel Mr President.”
Brad Raffensperger, Georgia’s Secretary of State, officers responded in a statement that although some issues were reported, they did not stop the vote and were resolved by 10 a.m.
“At no point did voting stop as voters continued casting ballots on emergency ballots, in accordance with the procedures set out by Georgia law,” it said.
What were the claims made under Georgia 2020 Election Fraud?
- Unobserved and unpoliced ballot counting
- Issues regarding the integrity of Dominion counting machines
- Duplicated Ballots
- An increase in the number of ballots manually adjudicated
- High numbers of underage voters, unregistered voters, deceased voters, incarcerated voters, and out-of-state voters
- Lack of verification of absentee ballots
- Statistical anomalies
- Massive errors found during a ballot audit
Key Allegations made for Georgia 2020 Election Fraud
- Ballot batches were taken for delivery on the same day, yet took three days to arrive at their destination
- The Election Director in Fulton County said that 113,130 votes scanned up until that point, 106,000 of them had to be manually adjudicated (a massive 93.7%).
- Vote counting rooms were declared to be “closed down”, and yet counting continued, without independent observation, in violation of the law.
- Ballots appearing to have been duplicates made by the copy machine
- 1,700 or more alleged instances of double-voting
- Auditing of records revealed that a high number of underage voters (66,247), unregistered voters (2,423), and deceased voters (10,315) had cast their votes.
- In Coffee County, video evidence showed how votes could be easily counted multiple times via the machine
- Statistical anomalies like
- Three notable “vote dumps”
- In one phase of counting, 120,000–138,000 votes were tallied, of which only 2,000 were in favour of Trump
- Trump’s percentage of absentee
- Mathematician Edward Solomon claimed an allegation that hundreds of ballot batch tallies across multiple precincts suspiciously all came out to be 5.5555% for Trump,
- Statistical analyst Seth Keshel evaluated the trends of voter registrations versus actual votes and found out alarming anomalies in several counties, ones that defy trends.
- There were 4,926 out-of-state voters. Moreover, around 15,000 voters changed their address last-minute, after registration deadlines.
- 395 people cast their votes in more than 1 state.
- 2,560 felons with inadequate sentences had cast their votes illegally
- 305,701 absentee ballots were applied for too fast.
- 2,664 absentee ballots were sent to voters ahead of the scheduled time
- Absentee ballots were not thoroughly examined for being valid
- Atlanta’s State Farm Arena’ voting staff have claimed to be witnesses of:
- Absentee ballots coming in rolling bins rather than in sealed, numbered boxes; disagreement on counts; seeing overvotes being judged inconsistently; only verbal instructions were provided on how to adjudicate ballots testimony of uncertain activity at Wigwam Resort, Litchfield, Arizona in Sept 2020. The witness was former Police Detective Gerald Buglione.
- Testimony with video and photographic information indicative of ballots being
- Despite ongoing conflicts and incomplete audits, vote tallies were authorized by Governor Brian Kemp, Secretary of State Raffensperger and Lieutenant Governor Geoff Duncan
- Georgia officials in Fulton County have fired whistleblower election officials on duty.
- In total, approx. 300,000 disputed votes
What did the Witness Say?
Over 40 witnesses provided testimony during a media conference at Cobb Country Republican Party Headquarters in Georgia on Dec. 9–14. The witnesses diligently came up with pieces of evidence of irregularities in the election and fraud they had collected during the 2020 election ballot counts and recount.
Numerous poll workers who were on duty and examined the counts alleged that hundreds and thousands of ballots seemed to have been duplicated by a copy machine. This allegation was brought forth by the following anomalies:
- Being printed on another kind of paper
- Absence of fold marks. Fold marks usually appear because the votes have to be folded by the individuals.
- Similar black marks visible on large numbers of ballots
- The aforementioned marks seemed to not have been made by an ink pen
What did the Officials Say?
The Georgia secretary of state’s office has rechecked the state’s election results three times. None of these audits had revealed any evidence or information about widespread fraud.
“Our law enforcement officers and secretary of state’s office spent literally thousands of hours examining ballots in Fulton County and other counties trying to track these kinds of claims down, and so far we’ve seen nothing give any merit to it,” Gabriel Sterling, the Republican chief operating officer and chief financial officer for the Georgia secretary of state’s office, said in an interview with CNN.
In another audit, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation assessed and investigated absentee ballots in Cobb County and found no evidence of fraud. Lawsuits challenging Georgia’s 2020 election results ceased to function, and the state’s Republican secretary of state has repeatedly quelled claims of voter fraud.
The chairman of the judiciary subcommittee in Georgia after thoroughly examining evidence of fraud in the 2020 election, has published a critical and detailed 15-page summary naming the results of the 2020 presidential election, “untrustworthy” and recommending that the certification of the results be rectified and rechecked.
What did it Lead up to?
Reuters and other news media have discredited and dissolved the claims, which have not been certified or met with enough credible evidence. Dominion machines were utilized and diligently in 24 of the 50 U.S. states in November, including states in which Trump won.
A Dominion official announced on Tuesday that the company would be filing for a crucial lawsuit against attorney Sidney Powell over allegations and misinformed declarations about the voting machines and that the company was keeping all options open for other judicial measures regarding litigation.
The Trump Government’s claim that their loss in the election in the year 2020 was the result of widespread election fraud has been widely criticised and claimed to be falsified by state and federal election officials and multiple courts across the country.
Officials and staff in Trump’s own administration have described the vote as “the most secure in American history.”
A phone call which was later leaked to the media recorded a conversation of Trump with Georgia’s Republican Secretary of State, in which Mr Donals Trump repeatedly argued and claimed that the secretary, Brad Raffensperger, could illegally alter and manipulate the certified results so that he would win. He also asked and challenged him to “find 11,780 votes” that would overrun and nullify Biden’s victory margin.
“We have at least 2 or 3 — anywhere from 250 to 300,000 ballots were dropped mysteriously into the rolls. Much of that had to do with Fulton County, which hasn’t been checked,” he was caught saying during the leaked phone call with Raffensperger.
Raffensperger was heard continuously rejecting Trump’s request. Raffensperger’s office has conducted several tallies, check as and recounts to secure the verification of the election. All of them were confirmatory of Biden’s win.