Cricket Wireless Free Government Phone: The American Federal Government operates many assistance programs to help economically challenged households afford the basic necessities of life. Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) are two programs that provide low-income people to stay connected to the world.
Lifeline assistance programs provide a discount of up to $9.25 and up to $34.25 for eligible Tribal households on monthly internet services, phone bills, or wireless services.
The ACP program helps poor people to afford the cost of service. The program offers a discount of up to $30 and up to $75 for eligible Tribal people on monthly broadband services.
However, the services under these programs depend upon the participating service providers. Does Cricket Wireless offer Lifeline and ACP benefits? Can low-income people get Cricket Wireless Free Government Phone?
Let’s find out the answers to these questions in this post. The Cricket Wireless Free Government Phone article is all you need to know about how to get Cricket Wireless free phone, eligibility, application, and more.
So, without further ado, let’s begin.
Does Cricket Wireless offer Free Government Phones?
Not actually. Cricket Wireless participates in Lifeline and ACP government assistance programs and provides discounts on monthly services. But the company does not offer Free phones through these programs.
As stated, the exact Lifeline and ACP offers to depend on the providers. Some providers offer only discounts on monthly services, while others offer discounts on mobile devices like cell phones, laptops, tablets, or desktop computers.
Some providers even distribute free smartphones with several benefits under these programs. However, you cannot get Cricket Wireless Free Government Phone through Lifeline and ACP program, but you can get discounted monthly phone services.
Still, Cricket wireless offers free phones through their promotional deals and offers. We can expect Cricket Wireless to offer free government phones in the future through the Lifeline and ACP programs.
How to qualify for Cricket Wireless Free or Low-cost Phones
Cricket Wireless Lifeline and ACP programs have certain strict eligibility you must fulfill to participate and qualify for Cricket Wireless Free Government Phone or discounted monthly services.
The prerequisites to apply for these government assistance programs are.
- You must be at least 18 years or an emancipated minor.
- You must be a resident of the states where the Cricket Wireless Lifeline and ACP program is operational.
If you meet these two conditions, you can check the Lifeline and ACP further eligibility requirements.
Cricket Wireless Lifeline Program eligibility criteria
If you apply through Lifeline, your annual household earning must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
You or any family member must participate in any qualifying government support program listed below.
- Food stamps / Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, & Children (WIC)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- School Breakfast Program, including in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only families meeting the qualifying income standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Poor Families (Tribal TANF)
- Get a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
Cricket Wireless ACP eligibility Criteria
1. Income based
If you apply through the ACP program, your annual family income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
You or any family member must be a beneficiary of one of the programs mentioned above, including the Lifeline assistance program.
Documentation needed to qualify for Cricket Wireless Free Government Phone through Lifeline and ACP
You must prove your qualification during the application process with the help of valid government documentation. The documents you need depend on by which eligibility criteria you qualify for Cricket’s benefit programs.
Let’s check out the list of accepted documents based on your eligibility.
1. Proof of Income
To prove your qualification on a low-income basis, you must have a document showing your income below the threshold limit. The document you submit must contain your full name and your income statement.
The officially accepted documents include the following:
- Current income statement from your employer
- Paycheck stubs
- Last year’s federal, state, or Tribal tax return
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Divorce decree
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Child support award
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
2. Proof of program participation
If you are eligible to apply for Cricket wireless benefit programs as another government programs beneficiary, you must submit a document showing your participation in the program. The document you submit must contain your full name, date of issuance of the document, name of the authority issuing the certificate, program name, etc.
The accepted documents include the following:
- Government Approval Letter
- Benefit award letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
In addition to eligibility documents, you may require some general documents to verify your age, address, or identity during the application process.
3. Proof of identity
- Birth Certificate
- U.S. Driver’s license
- A valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
4. Proof of Address
- Driver’s license
- Mortgage or lease statement
- A valid government, state, or Tribal ID
- Utility bill
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
Please note that you must submit a copy of your eligibility documents rather than the original one during the application process.
How to apply for Cricket Wireless Free Government Phone
To apply for Cricket Wireless Free Government Phone, you must first apply through National Verifier to check if you qualify to apply for Cricket wireless Lifeline and ACP program. Once National Verifier approves you, you can proceed to apply for Cricket Wireless Free Phone.
The steps to apply through the National Verifier are discussed below.
- Visit nv.fcc.gov/lifeline.
- The homepage of National Verifier opens up.
- Click on the “Consumer sign in” option in blue at the top of the page.
- If you are an existing customer, please sign in with your credentials.
- If you are a new user, please select the “create your account” option below the page.
- Create your account and then log in.
- Enter your state by clicking on the drop-down icon.
- Click on the “Get Started” icon.
- Once you enter your state, you will be redirected to an application form to verify your qualification for your state’s Cricket Wireless Lifeline and ACP program.
- Fill up the application form with the required details.
- Attach your eligibility documents copy.
- Finally, submit your application form.
- Wait for the National Verifier’s approval.
- Once notified of your approval by the National Verifier, you can fill out the application form for Lifeline or ACP, whichever is operational in your state.
Application for Cricket Wireless Lifeline and ACP program.
After being verified by National Verifier, you must apply to your state’s Lifeline and ACP program for Cricket Wireless Free Government Phone.
You can apply for the Lifeline program at
nv.fcc.gov/lifeline. However, currently, Cricket Wireless Lifeline enrollment is not active.
You can apply to their ACP program by visiting
Or you can also visit
Complete the application form and submit your eligibility documents.
If you qualify, you will receive a confirmation email at your registered email address.
Alternatively, once the National Verifier verifies you, you can apply for Cricket Wireless Lifeline Program and ACP benefits directly through the company.
The steps to do so are as follows.
- Contact Cricket Wireless at 1-800-CRICKET (274-2538) or 611 from your phone to learn about their application procedure for Lifeline and ACP programs in your state.
- The company’s agent will ask you about your qualification by National Verifier.
- Then you will be informed about the application details and requirements.
- If the company allows the online application, please visit their website at www.cricketwireless.com.
- Fill out the application form, attach your eligibility document copies, and submit.
- Please wait for the company’s approval or rejection to provide Cricket Wireless Lifeline and ACP benefits.
If the company allows the offline application, you can visit the nearest Cricket Wireless store and apply in person for Cricket Wireless Free Government Phone or discounted monthly services.
What services does Cricket Wireless actually offer?
Cricket Wireless is an American wireless service provider offering amazing phone benefits. The company has mobile phones from the most reputable brands.
It offers versatile phone plans and good deals with inexpensive prepaid rates. The provider offers frequent special offers on devices, reliable wireless nationwide services, no annual contracts, etc.
Cricket Wireless also participates in Lifeline and ACP programs to provide discounts on monthly services for qualified low-income people.
What are Program Restrictions for Cricket Wireless Free Phones?
The Federal Communication Commission (FCC) supervises Lifeline and ACP programs and has set certain rules and program restrictions. A few of them are discussed here.
- Only eligible households can apply for Lifeline and ACP programs.
- Only one Lifeline and ACP discount is allowed per family.
- You must use the Lifeline and ACP benefits at least once a month to continue receiving them.
- You can get the Lifeline and ACP benefits from only one provider at a time. However, you can switch to another provider anytime as long as you are eligible.
- You must reapply once a year for the Lifeline and ACP program, through which you receive the benefits.
- You must notify your Lifeline or ACP provider if you are no longer eligible.
Cricket Wireless New Customer Deals Free Phones
As mentioned, Cricket Wireless does not provide Free Government Phones through Lifeline and ACP programs but offers free mobiles through its promotional deals.
The company offers discounted and free mobile phones for new and existing customers.
Let’s look at Cricket Wireless’s free phone deals for new customers.
- Free Samsung Galaxy A03s
- Free TCL 30 Z
- Free Cricket Icon 3
- Free Cricket Debut
- Free Apple iPhone SE 64 GB
- Free Cricket Dream 5G
However, these free phone deals come with certain conditions and may require you to do any of the following.
- Switch to Cricket Wireless
- Bring your number to Cricket’s network and activate a select plan.
- Add a new line
- Trade in an eligible old phone in good working condition.
- Buy a phone at full price to get another phone free of charge.
Like every provider, Cricket Wireless frequently updates and changes its deals for new and existing customers. Hence, it would be best if you check their current deals at
States where Cricket Wireless offers Lifeline and ACP Program
Cricket Wireless currently offers monthly services discounts to eligible households in 28 states, including Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, California, Illinois, Nebraska, North Carolina, Texas, Washington DC, Kansas, Ohio, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington State, Wisconsin, and Idaho.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Cricket Wireless provide free government phones?
No. Currently, the wireless provider does not offer free government phones through any assistance program. It only provides discounts on monthly services. But Cricket wireless offers free phones through its several promotional deals and offers.
Can I apply for Cricket wireless lifeline and ACP program as a Food stamps beneficiary?
Yes. Being a Food Stamps beneficiary, you can apply for Lifeline and ACP programs. However, you must ensure Cricket Wireless offers its services through these programs in your state.
Does Cricket Wireless offer a free iPhone in its promotional deals?
Yes. You may get an iPhone in some of its deals. But, since Cricket Wireless updates its deals frequently, it would be best to refer to its website to learn about the current deals on the iPhone and the conditions you must fulfill to avail of them. Most deals require adding a line, trade-in with an old eligible device, etc.
Subscribe to Email Updates :