You can apply for Free Government Phone replacement if you are a Lifeline or ACP beneficiary and your government phone is lost, stolen, or broken.
However, due to the availability of many government service providers, people may get confused about which one to choose. Customers can only have one free device in their life.
And if somehow they break or their phones get stolen, it will be hard for them to bear the expenses. That is why choosing a service provider with the best replacement policy is essential.
But worry not. We’ve got you covered; we have collected the replacement policy of top Lifeline and ACP providers, so you don’t have to visit their official websites separately.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
Does The Government Offer Free Phone Replacement?
If you are on a low income and just received a free government phone iPhone 11, or any other phone from the provider, you must wonder what happens if this free phone gets broken, lost, or stolen.
In this case, Most providers under the Lifeline and ACP provide free government phone replacements. However, Every provider has its own replacement policy for your lost, stolen, or broken phone that you must know.
How do I Replace Free Government Phone
You may need a replacement if your free government phone is lost, stolen, or damaged. Follow the below steps to replace your phone.
- First, contact your provider.
- Inform them your phone has been lost or stolen.
- Request them to turn off your service.
- Choose a new replacement cell phone.
- Pay the replacement charges if applicable.
- You will receive your free government phone replacement within the stipulated time limit.
enTouch Wireless Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
- A charge for replacement phones may be requested in specific circumstances.
- The availability of replacement phones is subject to change. You can read their complete replacement policy at “https://entouchwireless.com/terms-of-service/”
- The entire procedure of replacing a lost, stolen, or broken phone may take some time. The customer support team will provide an estimated timeline for the replacement process.
If you own an Entouch Wireless free phone that is lost, stolen, or broken, you can get a new enTouch Wireless replacement phone by contacting the customer support team at 866.488.8719. The staff will help you in resolving the issue.
Assurance Wireless Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
Assurance Wireless is one of the largest service providers in the U.S. If you own one of Assurance Wireless free government phones or an Assurance Wireless free government tablet and it gets lost, stolen, or broken, their replacement policy states the following:
- Your account may be suspended to prevent unauthorized access to lost or stolen phones.
- If your phone was stolen, a police report may be required.
- You may be charged a replacement cost.
- Assurance Wireless free phones come with a one-year warranty from the original manufacturer. If a phone malfunctions within the first year, you can get an Assurance Wireless replacement phone may be requested by calling customer care.
- The replacement model may be different from the original one.
- The availability of replacement phones is subject to change.
If you are an Assurance Wireless customer and want to replace your lost, stolen, or broken phone, call customer care at 1-888-321-5880 for assistance.
Easy Wireless Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
Easy Wireless is one of those providers that provide Lifeline and ACP combo to maximize the benefits low-income earners can receive from the government.
If you receive a free government phone from Easy Wireless and it gets Lost, Stolen, Or Broken, their replacement policy mentions the following.
- If you choose a replacement device that is not free to new customers, you will be charged the full retail price for the selected device.
- If your selected device is free to new customers, you will be charged a replacement fee of $25.
- It is best to read Easy Wireless’s Terms & Conditions at “https://myeasywireless.com/terms-of-use/,” which explains the company’s policy for handling lost, stolen, and broken phones under various circumstances.
- If you want an Easy Wireless phone replacement, contact their customer support team at 611 or 1-877-476-3451.
Life Wireless Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
Life Wireless is another provider that provides customers with free phone and phone services. In the case of Life Wireless free Government phone Lost, Stolen, Or Broken, their replacement policy states the following.
- You must inform the company’s customer team if your Life Wireless device, accessory, or SIM is lost, stolen, damaged, or defective. If you do so within the first 30 days, the replacement accessories or SIM will be sent free of charge.
- After 30 days of activation, if your SIM card, charger, or battery is broken, lost, or stolen, you must pay $5.00 for each item needing a replacement.
- If you receive a defective phone, you must return it to Life Wireless at your own expense. If the company finds it defective, a replacement phone will be shipped within two weeks with unlimited minutes.
- If your phone is damaged, lost, or stolen, you must pay a charge of $40 before a replacement phone is shipped.
- If you want to replace your Life Wireless phone, you can reach their customer support at 1-888-543-3620.
- You can read their complete Terms and conditions about replacements at “https://www.lifewireless.com/returns.”
Q Link Wireless Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
Q Link is another wireless provider that provides its customers with the benefits of both ACP and Lifeline. It offers free phone and phone services such as Unlimited data, text, and talk. Q link is one of the few providers that offer Q link wireless free tablets to ACP-eligible customers.
If you own one of their free government phones and it gets lost, stolen, or broken, the Qlink wireless phone replacement policy states the following:
- If your phone is lost, stolen, or broken, QLink Wireless offers a new replacement phone at a discounted rate. The replacement charges vary depending on the device model. The minimum fee is $34.95.
- If you have another phone, Q Link also offers BYOP service through which you can receive a free SIM card to enjoy their free phone services.
- To read their Terms and Conditions regarding lost or stolen phones, you can visit “https://support.qlinkwireless.com/category/lost-stolen-or-broken-devices/”
If you own a QLink free phone and wish to have a replacement, you can do so online on the company’s website or by calling 1-(855) 754-6543.
Safelink Wireless Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
SafeLink Wireless is a well-known Lifeline service provider offering new and existing customers free phone and phone services. If you have received your free government phone from Safelink and it gets lost, stolen, or broken, their Replacement Policy states the following.
- If you report your SafeLink Wireless phone as lost, stolen, or broken, it will be permanently deactivated, and any airtime on it will be lost.
- You must claim a replacement within 48 hours if you receive a defective device.
- The company offers a limited warranty for its products. If a product fails to function during normal use, the company will replace or repair the product or parts with new or refurbished replacement products or parts.
- If the same phone model is unavailable, the company may replace it with a refurbished phone of a comparable model.
- You can read their Terms and conditions at “https://www.safelink.com/wps/portal/home/h/tandc.”
StandUp Wireless Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
StandUp Wireless is one of the oldest service providers, operating since 1999. It offers the benefit of both ACP and Lifeline programs to low-income customers. They offer 10 GB data, Unlimited talk text, and a free Vortex V22 phone.
In the case of StandUp Wireless free government phone Lost, Stolen, or Broken, their replacement policy states the following.
- If your device is lost, contact StandUp Wireless to suspend your account and prevent unauthorized usage.
- If your device is malfunctioning, you can contact the company by pairing their website at www.standupwireless.com or by calling 1-800-544-4441.
- StandUp Wireless does not offer a warranty program. But they will provide a manufacturer’s warranty replacement for any device offered or purchased from them up to 90 days after the sale date.
If your StandUp Wireless phone is lost, broken, or stolen, please call 1-800-544-4441 to reach the customer care team.
TruConnect Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
It is a wireless service provider offering TruConnect free phone and phone services through Lifeline and ACP. TruConnect replacement phone policy for lost, stolen, or broken free government phone state the following
- TruConnect states that all risks of loss, damage, theft, or destruction of your device should be compactly borne by you. However, it is important to contact customer service.
- The company will suspend your service once TruConnect is informed of such activity.
- If your phone is defective, the company should learn about it within 90 days of first use. If it is returned to TruConnect within 10 days of the 90 days, the company will send you a comparable replacement phone at its own cost, as long as the effect is not due to physical damage.
Tag Mobile Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
Tag Mobile is a Lifeline service provider offering customers free government phones and phone services. If Tag Mobile free government phone is lost, stolen, or broken, the company’s replacement policy has the following provisions.
- If your phone is lost, you must inform Tag Mobile to block access to your phone.
- The replacement charges depend upon the phone model.
- You can read their Terms and conditions at “https://www.tagmobile.com/support/TermsConditions.”
If you are a Tag Mobile customer wanting to replace your device, please get in touch with the company’s customer service team at 1 (866) 959-4918 or Tag chat support at tagmobile.com.
Gen mobile (Boost Mobile) Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
Gen Mobile is an Affordable connectivity program participant offering customers free phone and phone services. If your Gen Mobile free government phone gets lost, stolen, or broken, their replacement policy states the following.
- Genmobile offers a 7-day money-back guarantee if you receive a faulty device.
- You have 30 days from the delivery date of your device to return it to the company for an exchange or repair in case of damage.
- In case of a stolen or lost phone, you can contact customer care to discontinue the service and apply for a replacement phone.
If you need your device repaired or replaced, call Gen Mobile at (833) 528-1380 and provide the necessary information, including your IMEI/ESN number.
AirTalk Wireless Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
Airtalk Wireless is one of the biggest ACP and Lifeline service providers. It offers a variety of smartphones through these programs, and if your free government phone from Airtalk Wireless gets lost, stolen, or Broken, its replacement policy states the following.
- If your AirTalk Wireless is lost, stolen, or broken, you can check if your product qualifies for a warranty replacement by following the RMA guidelines on the company’s website.
- If your device qualifies, the manufacturer will replace your damaged phone with a functionally identical one.
- The guarantee covers only flaws in the material, such as bugs in software, unresponsive keys, dead pixels, etc.
- The Airtalk Wireless phone replacement warranty does not cover damage-related issues such as liquid damage, scratches, unintentional damage, broken screens, wear-and-tear, diminishing battery life, etc.
- You can read their Term and Conditions at “https://airtalkwireless.com/term-condition.”
If you are an AirTalk Wireless customer, you can contact +1 (855) 924-7825 to replace your phone if it is lost, broken, or damaged.
NewPhone Wireless Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
NewPhone Wireless free government iPhone can be replaced by following the below replacement policy for lost, stolen, or broken phones.
- The policy applies when your device is lost or stolen within the first 15 days from the delivery date.
- Their policy aims to ensure that you can seamlessly receive a replacement device.
- NewPhone may require additional information before processing a replacement for a lost or stolen phone.
- The replacement fee may vary depending on the model of your phone.
- Their complete Terms and Conditions are available at “https://newphone.com/term-condition”
If you have any questions about the lost or stolen mobile replacement policy, don’t hesitate to contact NewPhone Wireless customer support at +1 (855) 204-3667.
Cintex Wireless Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
Cintex Wireless is a wireless service provider that provides reliable customer services. However, they have a strict replacement policy if your Cintex Wireless phone gets Lost, Stolen, or Broken.
- If your phone is lost, stolen, or broken, the company doesn’t provide any replacement.
- You must inform the company if your Cintex Wireless free government phone is lost or stolen. The company will suspend the account immediately upon receiving notice of a lost, stolen, or broken phone.
- Suppose you do not activate a new Cintex Wireless phone or notify the company that you have found your phone within 15 days of the suspension of the account. The account will be deactivated, and you will lose your Cintex Wireless phone number.
- To read their Terms and Conditions, Visit “https://cintexwireless.com/term-condition”
- If you experience a malfunction with your Cintex Wireless device, contact the customer support team at +1 (855) 655-3097.
Access Wireless Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
Access Wireless is a government-funded Lifeline Assistance Program provider. If you have received an Access Wireless free government phone , their replacement policy states the following:
- You must inform the company immediately after your phone is lost or stolen.
- You must provide a copy of the police report to Access Wireless.
- You must cooperate with the company if they choose to investigate the matter by providing facts, statements, etc.
- You may be liable for usage charges before you notify Access Wireless of the alleged loss or theft.
- Suppose you do not activate a new device or notify the company that you have found your phone within 45 days of suspending your account. In that case, your account will be deactivated, and a fee equal to the balance in your account, which is not refundable, may be assessed. If applicable, you may lose your phone number.
- You can read their complete Terms and conditions at “https://www.accesswireless.com/support/terms-and-conditions.”
If you are an Access Wireless customer and want to apply for an Access Wireless replacement phone, you may contact the company at 1-866-594-3644.
True Wireless Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
True Wireless lost, stolen, or broke free government phone replacement policy states the following.
- If your True Wireless free government phone is lost, stolen, or broken, you are responsible for charges until you inform the company.
- The company will suspend your account after receiving the information.
- If you do not activate a new True Wireless phone or inform them you have found your old device within 60 days of your account suspension, your account will be deactivated, and you will lose your True Wireless number.
- Contact True Wireless at 833-733-8524 for more information on their replacement policy.
Assist Wireless Lost, Stolen Or Broken Replacement Policy
The company has the following replacement policy if you have lost or damaged your Assist Wireless free government phone.
- If your Assist Wireless phone is stolen, you must report it to the company to protect you from unauthorized charges and quickly receive a replacement phone.
- Also, you are responsible for incurring the charges until Assist Wireless is informed about the stolen device.
- Within 14 days of suspension, you must activate a new device or inform the company that you have found your lost device to activate the services again.
- If your device is broken or damaged, you can contact the company for a replacement phone.
- The procedure for replacing a broken phone will depend on your case.
- You can read their Terms and conditions at “https://www.assistwireless.com/terms-and-conditions/”
To get an Assist Wireless phone replacement, contact their customer service at 1-855-EZ-ASSIST (1-855-392-7747).
Infiniti Mobile Lost, Stolen, Or Broken Replacement Policy
If your Infinity Mobile free government phone gets lost, stolen, or broken, their replacement policy states the following.
- You must tell the company about your lost, stolen, or damaged phone.
- You must activate a new Infinity Mobile phone within 30 days to continue your Infinity Mobile number.
- You can reach the customer care team at 1-214-323-8000 to get help with your Infinity Mobile replacement.
What To Do If Your Free Government Phone Is Lost, Stolen, Or Broken?
You must do the following if your free government phone is lost, stolen, or broken accidentally.
- Contact your Lifeline provider to inform them about your device being lost, stolen, or damaged.
- You must report the theft to the authorities.
- Apply for a free government phone replacement, depending on your lifeline provider.
- Once you have received a replacement phone, please take preventive measures to protect it from loss, theft, or damage.
Can I get a free government phone replacement?
Yes, you can apply for free government phone replacement at your provider.
Can I get a phone replacement under the ACP?
Yes. Some ACP providers offer phone replacements
How can I apply for a government phone replacement?
Please follow the below steps to apply for free government phone replacement.
- Contact your provider.
- Inform them your phone has been lost or stolen.
- Request your service be turned off.
- Choose a new replacement cell phone.
- Pay the replacement charges if applicable.
What company gives the best free government phone?
Companies such as Stand Up Wireless, Assurance Wireless and enTouch Wireless offer one of the free government phones to their eligible customers.
Why is the government giving out free phones?
The government is giving free phones to bridge the digital gap between the low-income people of the United States. These free phones are provided under the federal government Lifeline assistance program.
Signup For Our Newsletter