If you want to know about the Metro PCS Lifeline program? You’re on the right page.
Metro by T-Mobile, formerly known as Metro PCS, is now completely owned by T-Mobile US and is well-known for its broad selection of no-contract phones and programs, affordable costs, and versatility.
The Metro PCS offers their customers incredible deals on phones and internet plans. The Company participates in several government assistance programs and provides free or discounted phones, tablets or hotspots to eligible households.
But the question is whether the Metro PCS Lifeline program is still available. This article answers this exact question along with some other information.
So, Without further delay, let’s begin.
Can I Sign Up for the Metro PCS Lifeline Program?
Metro PCS sadly has stopped participating in the Federal government’s Lifeline Program. Therefore, you cannot sign up for the Metro PCS Lifeline program.
Why is Metro PCS Lifeline Program Currently Not Available?
T-Mobile owns the Metro by T-Mobile brand, previously known as Metro PCS. Assurance Wireless is one of the numerous wireless service providers owned by T-Mobile.
As a result, the parent organization has decided that the Assurance Wireless brand will be the sole provider that will participate in the Federal government’s Lifeline program.
Does Metro PCS Provide any other Government Benefits?
Even though Metro PCS doesn’t participate in the Lifeline program, it does participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program. So, you can get the benefits of the ACP. The Metro PCS provides various deals and discounts through its ACP program.
If you’re an ACP beneficiary, you can get a Metro PCS free tablet without any cost.
Metro PCS ACP program can help save non-tribal households up to $30 per month and Tribal households up to $75 per month on qualified rate plans.
For some customers, unlimited talk, text, and data may also be offered in a free or discounted monthly subscription, depending on their chosen plan.
Is ACP service by Metro PCS available to everyone?
Only residents of the following states are eligible for ACP benefits from Metro PCS –
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
What Should I do to Join the Metro PCS ACP Program?
If you’re thinking about applying for Metro PCS’s ACP and the benefits it provides, you might be wondering where to begin.
Remember that Lifeline subscribers do not need to apply because they are already eligible.
Check Eligibility Criteria
The first step is to determine whether you are eligible for the program. The primary conditions to be eligible for this program include the following:
- Your annual household income must be less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- You must be 18 years old.
- The applicant should be a legal and permanent resident of the United States.
- You or any of your family members participate in government assistance programs such as:
- Lifeline Assistance Program
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, Children(WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Federal Public Housing Assistance(FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Tribal Head Start
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- School Lunch Program
- School Breakfast Program
Prepare Necessary Documents
You will be requested to produce paperwork verifying your qualifications during the application process. A copy of your government-issued identification, passport, and driver’s license may be requested to validate your identity and address or determine your eligibility.
Proof of income
- current income statement
- Copy of last year’s state, federal, or tribal tax return
Proof of Government Assitance Program Participation
- Approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Benefits verification letter
- Statement of benefits
Proof of Identity
- US Military ID
- State ID
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Driver’s License
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Tribal Identification Number
Apply For the ACP Program
Follow the given steps to apply for the Metro PCS ACP program.
- Visit the official website of ACP through this link: https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/
- Click on the “Apply Now” section.
- Next, Fill out the application form.
- Submit it and wait for approval.
- Once approved, you will be granted a unique number upon approval.
- Now, visit at https://www.metrobyt-mobile.com/
- Log into your account.
- Locate the ACP application and submit a scanned copy of all required documents with an ACP unique I’d number.
- Recheck your application and then submit it.
- Now, wait for approval.
Why should you Participate in the Metro PCS ACP Program?
Everyone who applies for and is accepted into the Metro ACP program is eligible for a discount of up to $30 per month or $75 per month for qualified residences on Tribal lands.
All smartphone data-inclusive Metro plans are ACP-eligible so that you may acquire a phone service with access to T-Mobile’s 4G and 5G networks, as well as features like Scam Shield and free Scam ID, Scam Block, and Caller ID, as well as unlimited talk, text, and data. Metro PCS provides its customers with various benefits and excellent deals through the ACP program.
Subscribe to Email Updates :