Selectel Wireless ACP Benefits – Selectel Wireless, a wireless provider, has started providing benefits under the Affordable Connectivity Program to eligible households and customers so everyone stays connected.
What are Selectel Wireless ACP benefits?
The FCC has finally enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program. This program is worth $14 billion and is designed to replace the old Emergency Broadband Benefit to ensure that all households can afford internet connections for healthcare, education, work, and more.
The Selectel Wireless ACP benefits give a discount of up to $30 a month for internet services and mobile broadband services to eligible for non-Tribal households with up to $75 a month.
Tribal and non-Tribal eligible households can also get a one-time discount of up to $100 on purchasing a connected device such as a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer, which will require a co-pay of more than $10 and less than $50. New Selectel Wireless customers will get a smartphone free of charge under the Lifeline program.
For the year 2022, the new Selectel Wireless ACP program is now available because the old EBB program expired on December 31, 2021. Therefore, from that day onwards, the eligible households can enroll for Selectel Wireless ACP.
What are the U.S. States where Selectel Wireless ACP is offered?
In the following states, Selectel Wireless ACP benefits are available –
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Eligibility Criteria for Selectel Wireless ACP benefits?
As mentioned above, you must reside in one of the states where the provider provides ACP benefits to enroll in the Selectel Wireless ACP program.
You should also be ACP-eligible. The eligibility criteria for ACP are shared by FCC and are universal for all ACP providers.
For ACP, the household should meet at least one eligibility criterion –
- The household should have an annual household income of or below 200% as per Federal Poverty Guidelines. These guidelines are based on state and household size.
- The household should participate in one of the government assistance programs such as –
- SNAP (formerly known as Food Stamps)
- Federal Public Housing(Section 8)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Reduced-Price and Free School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools in the 2019-20, 2020-21, or 2021-22 school year
Documents required to apply for Selectel Wireless ACP
To enroll in the Selectel Wireless ACP program, you have to be eligible. For that, you need to provide any of these documents –
- The official documents you may need to verify your identity, such as full name and date of birth, are your passport, driver’s license, and Green Card.
- You may need to verify your address by submitting an official document with your full name and present address that includes a passport, driver’s license, mortgage statement, and utility bill.
- You have to prove your income eligibility by showing your income proof that includes your full name and annual income, such as tax returns, income statements from your employers, and Social Security Statement of benefits.
Submit the documents by proving your eligibility online. You can submit digital copies of your documents when applying online.
How do I determine whether I am eligible for Selectel Wireless ACP benefits?
To confirm your eligibility, follow these simple steps –
- Visit National Verifier’s website or log in to acp.selectelwireless.com/acpform.
- Fill out the application form and click on the Submit button.
- The National Verifier will verify your information, and you will get a response on what to do next.
- If approved, you can visit Selectel’s official ACP website to sign up for Selectel Wireless ACP.
List of benefits you get when you apply for Selectel Wireless ACP
Customers that have qualified for the Selectel Wireless ACP program will get the following benefits –
A free smartphone (those who have not received a free smartphone through the old EBB program will get a new Selectel Wireless smartphone)
A free $30 monthly wireless service plan that includes –
- Unlimited talk
- Unlimited text
- 5 G.B. of high-speed mobile broadband a month
- At an additional charge, the possibility to purchase additional high-speed data
What are the benefits if you receive the Emergency Broadband
Before the launch of the Affordable Connectivity Program on December 31, 2021, eligible customers received Emergency Broadband Benefit discounts.
Since you have enrolled in the EBB program, the program will no longer be available. You will continue to get EBB discounts until March 1, 2022.
After this date, you will receive up to a $30 ACP discount. Otherwise, you will be required to enroll or take additional steps to change your EBB benefit to ACP.
The provider will inform you about it. Since EBB and ACP eligibility criteria are the same, many former EBB customers can now enjoy the ACP benefits.
Can the customer keep his existing phone number?
Selectel Wireless recommends its customers have a new phone number. However, you can keep your old number. To do so, you must provide the account number and PIN from your present cell phone service provider, as it will enable Selectel Wireless to port your existing phone number.
To activate your old number on the Selectel network, you will need a new SIM card which will be mailed to your address.
Subscribe to Email Updates :